FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Where is the best place to go for the summer

djnimadk
I am thinking of going away for the summer any suggestions:

I am thinking of Hawaii, Mexico , Madrid
Deline
djnimadk wrote:

If I could, I would go to any of these places, but specially the ones with a good beach. *-*
deanhills
I'm wondering over where to go as well, so this is a great thread for me. My thinking is to go visit Belgium to look for Bondings, and then found I could kill two birds with one stone. I've always wanted to visit Turkey. And Turkish Airlines has good deals to fly Dubai-Istanbul-Brussels. That's one plan.

Another is Vancouver, Canada - but that may be a little expensive.

Cyprus or Malta may also be interesting. I've always wanted to visit Fiji, but that may be quite expensive too.

Mexico sounds great though. Maybe your original idea is the better idea. Should be great fun too. Or South America. Ecuador is a great place to visit too and LAN has some great specials flying from North America.
Insanity
California is really nice in the summer -- lots of nice and sandy beaches with great weather. There's no humidity like there is in the other parts of the United States, and it's relatively consistent. It also depends on where you go though. In San Francisco, the weather can be much cooler. They say that a summer in San Francisco is like a winter anywhere else, but other than that it's a great place.

If you want to go somewhere else, maybe you can go to places where the weather is generally cold, in the Northern regions. Europe would be nice to visit because you don't have to deal with the extreme cold that is there in the winter time. The only downside is that summer is pretty much tourist season and most places will be packed with people and other tourists who may get in your way and things.
Marcuzzo
deanhills wrote:
I'm wondering over where to go as well, so this is a great thread for me. My thinking is to go visit Belgium to look for Bondings, and then found I could kill two birds with one stone.

Dean, don't forget to drop a note should you be in the country Wink
deanhills
Marcuzzo wrote:
deanhills wrote:
I'm wondering over where to go as well, so this is a great thread for me. My thinking is to go visit Belgium to look for Bondings, and then found I could kill two birds with one stone.

Dean, don't forget to drop a note should you be in the country Wink
I definitely will. Very Happy
Vanilla
djnimadk wrote:

It really depends on what you're looking for. If you want to enjoy the summer by the beach, I would definitely say you must come to Brazil. Especially Natal or Porto de Galinhas. If you seek adventure, I recommend Bonito or the Amazon. If you want to see the world's largest salt flat with breathtaking landscapes, go to Sala de Uyuni in Bolivia. If you like history, I would recommend the Cenotes of Yucatn to you. I cannot say much about other countries since I haven't traveled abroad, but I would love to spend my vacation in a place where I can spend my English. Very Happy
deanhills
Vanilla wrote:
but I would love to spend my vacation in a place where I can spend my English. Very Happy
Why not try South Africa. I'm sure you'll love Cape Town. Great chance to give your English a good workout. And not too far from South America.
johans
I think Philippines is the best summer country because of its beach. Even me as a local we appreciate more the beauty of the Philippine beach.

Money wise, you can spent eat more with low price plus friendly people.
Blaster
I just go to the beach... Not hard when its less than 2 hours away though. Other great places could be Florida, Bahamas or any of the islands in that area, Ireland, Europe.
deanhills
My mind is going into the direction of Austria now. Maybe a hike in the mountains.
KazeFlame
Go to japan. The wackiest place on earth! haha
jajarvin
The best place to go is of course your nearest beach. Very Happy
chasbeen
This time of year it's the lake. They are still very cool in Ontario Canada in contrast to usually very hot sticky conditions.
At least, that's where I would go if I still lived in that Country.
playfungames
Go somewhere where the temperature is nice and where the beaches are lovely. Due to my low level of travel experience, I can only suggest one place where the beaches are really beautiful i.e. in one of those popular islands of Thailand like Koh Phi Phi or Koh Samui.
deanhills
playfungames wrote:
Go somewhere where the temperature is nice and where the beaches are lovely. Due to my low level of travel experience, I can only suggest one place where the beaches are really beautiful i.e. in one of those popular islands of Thailand like Koh Phi Phi or Koh Samui.
I've been to Koh Samui but would suggest that people don't visit it during the busy summer months. It just gets too congested. I've heard of Koh Phi Phi and would love to visit it one day.
MIBAGelaendespiel
In my Opinion Australia is the best place to go for an European.

Not onely that you can see the world while traveling. (Literaly half of it XD)
But you also get to know Christmas in the sun. (Trust me it is nice to drink coctails under the christmas tree)

The onely negative Point I could guess are the imence costs that you have to counter to get there.

While it is realtively cheap to fly to nearer countries it is nearly impossible to afford a travel around the globe without a good earning job.

Thats my opinion, i wish you a nice evening.
Cu
mikeperhem1
I dread going there in the brutally cold fall or winter months. But summer? Its my favorite place to visit, :oops: :oops:
jackbreat
I thing you can goes to this summer in Orange Beach Gulf Coast.Where you enjoy more than another place.
mikeperhem1
Perfect summer vacation destination is florida as there are various beautiful beaches.
steeve
I would like to go Kashmir in India. It is the most beautiful place in the world. This place is known as 'Heaven of the earth'. It is a magic land of silvery streams, rivers, fresh water lakes, deodar and chinar forests, snow clad mountains, sparkling waterfalls, shikaras, green meadows and grassy slopes full of flowers of vibrant colours. I can't describe the Kashmir in a few words.
amateurlee
KazeFlame wrote:
Go to japan. The wackiest place on earth! haha

Why it is wackiest Laughing
loveandormoney
djnimadk wrote:

You have to decide.
Mountains
ocean
art
or group travel.
coolclay
I think it depends greatly on where you live. One thing I learned from my honeymoon in the Maldives and Sri Lanka is that very few Americans visit there.

Most American's go to the Caribbean and Mexico if they want warm water and snorkeling. People in Europe and Asia go to the Maldives more commonly because its only a few hour flight.

So before I can give an accurate suggestions I need to know where you live and what things you like to do on vacation.
kaysch
I guess djnimadk has had his summer vacation, so no need to come up with further ideas. It would be interesting to see however where he finally went after so many suggestions.
loveandormoney
Mexikco is a wonderful area.
Just avoid the areas where there are a lot of tourists.
deanhills
Istanbul is a great summer break away. I spent a few days there en route to Europe this summer and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not too expensive and a total new culture.
mshafiq
I think nature is very beautiful in summer because of green grass and beautiful flower. you can enjoy every where in summer,.
johans
You should visit Philippines. Low cost vacation and world class beach! I guarantee you will enjoy.
dude_xyx
Bore Bore islands !!!! This is one place I want to spend a summer vacation! One of the most beautiful tropical island chains. But so expensive for tourists. Sad
mrshadow
Slovenian mediteran sea. Smile the best. You can see mountains from the beach.
raaeft1
The hill stations in India like Shimla,Kufri,Chail,Mashobra,Dharamshala,Kullu, Manali,Mussourie and Pehalgam.
They have pristine beauty.
Insanity
Basically anywhere along the equator is a nice place to be because the weather is so nice.
mshafiq
I like Canada. Beautiful place to see.
In summer every where scenes are beautiful.
deanhills
mshafiq wrote:
I like Canada. Beautiful place to see.
In summer every where scenes are beautiful.
Now you are talking! I'm thinking of getting to Vancouver. Depending on whether I get recontracted or not where I am. Can't beat Stanley Park for me and think I'd like to head to Vancouver Island this time as well.
raubymartin
I want to go Montgomery.

About the climate of montgomery

Quote:
Montgomery has a humid subtropical climate (Kppen Cfa), with short, mild winters, warm springs and autumns, and long, hot, humid summers. The daily average temperature in January is 46.6 F (8.1 C), and there are 3.4 days of sub-20 F (−7 C) lows; 10 F (−12 C) and below is extremely rare. The daily average in July is 81.8 F (27.7 C), with highs exceeding 90 F (32.2 C) on 86 days per year and 100 F (37.8 C) on 3.9. Summer afternoon heat indices, much more often than the actual air temperature, are frequently at or above 100 F.[43] The diurnal temperature variation tends to be large in spring and autumn. Rainfall is well-distributed throughout the year, though January through March are the wettest, and October is significantly drier than the other months. Snowfall occurs only during some winters, and even then is usually light. Substantial snowstorms are rare, but do occur approximately once every 10 years. Extremes range from −5 F (−21 C) on February 13, 1899 [44] to 107 F (42 C) on July 7, 1881.
mshafiq
summer is very beautiful in European countries. people always wait here or summer and they have so fun all summer long. So summer is beautiful you can go any where to see natural beauty. I love nature and summer.
mshafiq
There are lots of places to see in Canada and America
johnhastings
In the summer vacation i need to go for few places
*Singapore
*London
*USA
spinout
I ve not been everywhere yet....

But I can say that powermeet in vasteras Sweden (biggest car meet weekend in Europe) is the best Place, if not raining...

Cars, Music, fumes, hot sun, alcohol....
Zghenjifo
As for me, i'm dreaming to visit http://www.ourcase.co.uk/ turkey and good beach. That's Samsung Galaxy S6 edge case one plan.
GiuseppeT81
Italy for sure!
Hi all, I live in Italy and I believe that everybody must consider the idea to come in Italy once in the life.
If you like hystory and monuments, you can go to Rome, Napoli, Firenze.
If you like food you can go everyeverywherewere in Italy (but please note that Pizza and Mozzarella are ONLY from Napoli).
If you like to visit a unic city in the world you have to go Venezia.
If you like mountains, you can go Dolomiti, in Bolzano,but also Alpes in Aosta.
If you like relax you can go in the lakes in the north Italy
If you like sea, you can go in Sicilia and Sardegna, but also Liguria and Puglia.
Peapolse are hot almost everywhere.

I believe that everybody must consider the idea to come in Italy once in the life.
deanhills
GiuseppeT81 wrote:

I believe that everybody must consider the idea to come in Italy once in the life.
I'm packing my bags for Italy. I need a holiday! Very Happy
Da Rossa
Come visit the Brazilian Northeast. But have in mind this is the southern hemisphere. So summer here = winter there on the northern.
hown
why not come to Asia..like my country,Malaysia ? Very Happy
LxGoodies
deanhills wrote:
GiuseppeT81 wrote:

I'm packing my bags for Italy. I need a holiday! Very Happy

Dream on. Coffee is too strong and Italy too interesting to just take a rest. You will like it Very Happy