FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Serious threat, Neo-nazism on the rise in Sweden.

JoryRFerrell
Could Sweden ever become bad enough for the United States to intervene and perform airstrikes like we do in the Middle East? How much civilian life would have to be lost as a result of Nazi extremism before the US should get involved...in your opinion?
badai
got oil in sweden?

nah... i don't think anybody would care.
deanhills
Wonder how many people from the US know where Sweden is? They may know about Sweden, but probably not its location or its people, more the media hype that goes around.
badai
deanhills wrote:
Wonder how many people from the US know where Sweden is? They may know about Sweden, but probably not its location or its people, more the media hype that goes around.

everybody know where (or what sweden) is.

1. where they manufacture penis enlarger

2. if the gov want to charge you for any thing that does not fit any criminal activity, they just charged you with rape.
Peterssidan
I don't think Sweden is worse than most countries. It's just that here it's pretty much tabu to suggest decreased immigration and stuff like that so none of the big political parties (except SD) even talks about it, and the media blows things out of proportion.

It is true that SD are getting more and more votes. In the last national election (2010) they got 5.7% of the votes and in the voting for the European Parliament (less than 2 weeks ago) they got 9.7% of the votes.

In my opinion SD is handled a bit unfair. Of course they will attract votes from some extreme nazis/racists because they are closest to them of the big parties, but I think majority of voters are not really what you would call racists (except in Sweden of course). If you want to decrease immigration and/or limit the effects of globalization it's pretty much your only choice. I think much of the success of SD has to be blamed on the other parties for ignoring these issues. If they would stop turning their backs out of principle, dare to take the discussions and listen to what the voters have to say I think they would make SD less attractive. Right now SD has monopoly on these questions.
deanhills
badai wrote:
deanhills wrote:

everybody know where (or what sweden) is.

OK here's my evidence. I'd like to see yours. Very Happy

http://www.boredpanda.com/americans-place-european-countries-on-map/
JoryRFerrell
badai wrote:
got oil in sweden?

nah... i don't think anybody would care.

Damn...lol...cold but true most likely. Thanks for zie ansah.
JoryRFerrell
Peterssidan wrote:
I don't think Sweden is worse than most countries. It's just that here it's pretty much tabu to suggest decreased immigration and stuff like that so none of the big political parties (except SD) even talks about it, and the media blows things out of proportion.

It is true that SD are getting more and more votes. In the last national election (2010) they got 5.7% of the votes and in the voting for the European Parliament (less than 2 weeks ago) they got 9.7% of the votes.

In my opinion SD is handled a bit unfair. Of course they will attract votes from some extreme nazis/racists because they are closest to them of the big parties, but I think majority of voters are not really what you would call racists (except in Sweden of course). If you want to decrease immigration and/or limit the effects of globalization it's pretty much your only choice. I think much of the success of SD has to be blamed on the other parties for ignoring these issues. If they would stop turning their backs out of principle, dare to take the discussions and listen to what the voters have to say I think they would make SD less attractive. Right now SD has monopoly on these questions.

Ok...fair enough. I thought JourneyMan docs were pretty level headed, but I'll pay mind to what a local says.

That aside, I haven't seen to many riots of the kind in the documentary happening in the US.
Also, out of curiosity, what is the stance of the SD and Fascist supporters on immigrants who definitely, beyond argument, contribute by bringing huge businesses and profit into Sweden?
zimmer
Sweden is a nice country as well as Swedish people are very nice.

I think Sweden is a rich country and famous capital Stockholm is a nice city- I always saw this at Discovery channel. It is also most busiest cities.
JoryRFerrell
zimmer wrote:

I think Sweden is a rich country and famous capital Stockholm is a nice city- I always saw this at Discovery channel. It is also most busiest cities.

Slightly off topic. I was actually trying to learn what is really going on in Sweden concerning it's political strife, and not simply what the Discovery Channel says it's like there.
deanhills
JoryRFerrell wrote:
zimmer wrote:

Slightly off topic. I was actually trying to learn what is really going on in Sweden concerning it's political strife, and not simply what the Discovery Channel says it's like there.
Well then you probably need to revise your OP because how I read it was - Can the situation in Sweden get as bad as in the Middle East to the extent of justifying US intervention with airstrikes like it does in the Middle East? In other words, there is already an opinion about it that it is bad - you just want to know whether it could get as bad as in the Middle East and how bad does it need to be for the US to get involved. You're not really learning but comparing and judging.

JoryRFerrell wrote:
Could Sweden ever become bad enough for the United States to intervene and perform airstrikes like we do in the Middle East? How much civilian life would have to be lost as a result of Nazi extremism before the US should get involved...in your opinion?
JoryRFerrell
deanhills wrote:
JoryRFerrell wrote:
zimmer wrote:

Well then you probably need to revise your OP because how I read it was - Can the situation in Sweden get as bad as in the Middle East to the extent of justifying US intervention with airstrikes like it does in the Middle East? In other words, there is already an opinion about it that it is bad - you just want to know whether it could get as bad as in the Middle East and how bad does it need to be for the US to get involved. You're not really learning but comparing and judging.

JoryRFerrell wrote:

Not quite DeanHills. I am talking fine-grained detail here, about an early movement. I KNOW Sweden is not as bad as Afghanistan/Iraq yet. Do they constantly have car bombs going off?
No. Do they still, for the most part, have a functioning government (some would argue no, but they are pretty solid when compared to war-torn ME countries)? Yes.

What I don't know, is how bad the problem of Neo-Nazism is. Is it purposefully sensationalized by the media? Or is it a real issue to sit up over?

Anyway's...we all learn by comparing and judging. Every decision is made relative to something we compare against, and judge, to the best of our ability, to be correct or incorrect. That is the learning process. Some of us just go about it more or less rationally.
deanhills
JoryRFerrell wrote:
deanhills wrote:
JoryRFerrell wrote:
zimmer wrote:

JoryRFerrell wrote:

Not quite DeanHills. I am talking fine-grained detail here, about an early movement. I KNOW Sweden is not as bad as Afghanistan/Iraq yet. Do they constantly have car bombs going off?
No. Do they still, for the most part, have a functioning government (some would argue no, but they are pretty solid when compared to war-torn ME countries)? Yes.

What I don't know, is how bad the problem of Neo-Nazism is. Is it purposefully sensationalized by the media? Or is it a real issue to sit up over?

Anyway's...we all learn by comparing and judging. Every decision is made relative to something we compare against, and judge, to the best of our ability, to be correct or incorrect. That is the learning process. Some of us just go about it more or less rationally.
Nothing wrong with comparing and judging Jory. I didn't mean it in a negative sense either. I was pointing out that you weren't making a straight information request. You were asking for a value assessment that was already skewed in the direction of the negative. Now that we know what you really want, in retrospect it may have been better to ask the question as straight as you expected it to be responded to:
Quote:
How bad is the problem of Neo-Nazism in Sweden? Is it purposefully sensationalized by the media? Or is it a real issue to sit up over?

If you had asked it that way, you would have received direct answers from people about Neo-Nazism in Sweden and whether it is really as bad as it looks.

But instead you asked:
JoryRFerrell wrote:
With predictable results. Immediate response is to defend Sweden. Sweden is not as bad as all that. Instead of giving you what you wanted. Which was to establish how bad the problem of Neo-Nazism is in Sweden.
JoryRFerrell
deanhills wrote:
JoryRFerrell wrote:
deanhills wrote:
JoryRFerrell wrote:
zimmer wrote:

JoryRFerrell wrote:

Nothing wrong with comparing and judging Jory. I didn't mean it in a negative sense either. I was pointing out that you weren't making a straight information request. You were asking for a value assessment that was already skewed in the direction of the negative. Now that we know what you really want, in retrospect it may have been better to ask the question as straight as you expected it to be responded to:
Quote:
How bad is the problem of Neo-Nazism in Sweden? Is it purposefully sensationalized by the media? Or is it a real issue to sit up over?

If you had asked it that way, you would have received direct answers from people about Neo-Nazism in Sweden and whether it is really as bad as it looks.

But instead you asked:
JoryRFerrell wrote:
With predictable results. Immediate response is to defend Sweden. Sweden is not as bad as all that. Instead of giving you what you wanted. Which was to establish how bad the problem of Neo-Nazism is in Sweden.

Alright, folks, I was thinking of SEVERAL questions when I wrote this. My main question was as the main post asks: Could a Sweden (or any European country for that matter) ever become bad enough for us to raze it to the ground?

Now off of that, are are lot's of other questions that are automatically brought up as part of that question. First and foremost, how do you properly assess just how bad Sweden is (Iraq was not properly assessed...or was assessed and we were fed bullcrap)? Second, has that reliable method of observation been carried out without bias (wasn't in Iraq)?

There are lots of questions I have in mind. But for the sake of clarity, I am first and foremost interested in whether our government would ever send drones, or an entire Army, in Sweden (or, again, any other European country...). I am basically driving at the privilege enjoyed by stronger nations, in avoiding military action by the United States.