FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IOS vs android vs windows 8 mobile

djnimadj
which is your favorite ?
chartcentral
All three have their advantages over the other. But I'm going for Android, mainly for the reason that it's my mobile phone's operating system. Smile
badai
Usually you will get only iOS for reply.

Android users don't really care.

Windows Mobile users are so used to that particular brand and don't really know what's running it.
lanceorwa
badai wrote:
Usually you will get only iOS for reply.

Android users don't really care.

Windows Mobile users are so used to that particular brand and don't really know what's running it.

ha ha. nice one. android users are hustlers, ios are are hippies and windows, well their phone works
thantoanthang
I think Android is extremely opened but unstable, iOS is extremely closed but stable. Windown Phone is so so, stable, not very close, but it joined the war too late and it's flagship device is Nokia's - a dying brand. As a result, the war now is just Android and iOS.
I like the simplicity and stability of iOS Laughing
jaeha
I agree that iOS too much closed and under control of Apple. I really don't like that Apple doesn't allow to develop apps for own phone. When I bought the phone, I should have full ownership. But, this kind of full control actually make the phone stable and better quality.

Android.. I love the Linux and open platform and freedom of writing code for the own phone. But the development environment is really poor. So many different versions exist and almost impossible to test on all of them.. Simulator only works well with simple GUI, and most of examples are not working well without modifications.. This could be lack of experience, but compare to MAC/iPhone, developing a apps on Android is really really difficult and not fun at all.

No idea about the windows OS as I didn't have any chance to have Win-Phone yet.

Off the topic, I have a some experience with new BlackBerry z10 OS, and it looks very good and stable. But unfortunately, it is too late on the market, and it is not enough to impress all the developers, so it is going to die unless some big H/W bender like Samsung rescue it which unlikely happening.

I don't to buy the phone if I cannot have full ownership, but also I don't want to spend on money if phone is not working well. Could Windows phone be something like that ?
johans
I think andriod is nice but you need to discover for your self and make more intensive research before you got your answer. In other word you are truly a developer. No guide no rules and develop your own.

Ios - no idea but my feelings is they keep it more friendly but still will not give you details solutions. If you are a developer you must depend on your code.

Windows- they just follow andriod to have more developers.
amp3d
thantoanthang wrote:
I think Android is extremely opened but unstable, iOS is extremely closed but stable. Windown Phone is so so, stable, not very close, but it joined the war too late and it's flagship device is Nokia's - a dying brand. As a result, the war now is just Android and iOS.
I like the simplicity and stability of iOS Laughing

this.