FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Understanding of genetics and homosexuality

JoryRFerrell
Should you have a thorough understanding of homosexuality before you are able to claim it's a choice?
Should this understanding extend to a decent knowledge of how DNA works, what it is capable of in terms of what it controls and how it mutates, etc?

If you are not aware of what Adenine, Guanine, Cytosine, or Thymine is, do you have a right to claim homosexuality is wrong?

If you can claim homosexuality is wrong, despite genetics playing a role, can it be claimed that it's wrong to be black? Genetics controls the melanin in the skin. If genetic mutations control the formation of albino African Americans, can we say that is still not what nature (or....god... :\) intended and discriminate against them?

Again, this argument could really go for any minority, and be posed to any individual within that minority.
badai
how could you compare behavior with physical traits?

do you even know between siblings or even identical twins there are evil persons and good persons between them?

hell, all those LGBTs' siblings are not all LGBT. sometime only 1 in siblings is LGBT. Didn't they shared the same genetics mark up from their parent? Why not all the siblings are LGBT?

That is an empirical evidence. Now mister genetics, show us your research results how DNA affect behavior so we can all tell schwarzenegger his Twins movie is downright wrong and stupid.

If it's not wrong, you don't have to justified it. Nothing wrong with being LGBT, but it's down right wrong and stupid to justified being LGBT and using a wrong argument for it. That is why "normal" people look down at LGBT, not because of their nature, but try real hard too look stupid justifying something that is not wrong in the first place.
JoryRFerrell
badai wrote:
how could you compare behavior with physical traits?

do you even know between siblings or even identical twins there are evil persons and good persons between them?

hell, all those LGBTs' siblings are not all LGBT. sometime only 1 in siblings is LGBT. Didn't they shared the same genetics mark up from their parent? Why not all the siblings are LGBT?

That is an empirical evidence. Now mister genetics, show us your research results how DNA affect behavior so we can all tell Schwarzenegger his Twins movie is downright wrong and stupid.

If it's not wrong, you don't have to justified it. Nothing wrong with being LGBT, but it's down right wrong and stupid to justified being LGBT and using a wrong argument for it. That is why "normal" people look down at LGBT, not because of their nature, but try real hard too look stupid justifying something that is not wrong in the first place.

I am glad you brought the twin thing up. It's an excellent chance to show your bias, and how you automatically latch onto arguments without doing any research to find things that may possibly counter it or show an obvious flaw.

Did you know that twins are not genetically "Identical"?
Did you know that twins do not share the same iris in the eye?
Did you know that twins don't share finger prints?
Did you know some twins have been found to have Alzheimer's while the other does not:
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/identical-twins-genes-are-not-identical/
Did you know that twins have different brains, which yes is due in part to environmental factors,
but is also attributed to the fact that mutation-spread between their individual genes leads to
different rates of division, repair, mental illness (back to the Alzheimers), overall intelligence,
etc. Your brain is structurally different from Einsteins, not only because of environmental
factors, but also genetics. Brains and the persona they form are just like irises in the eye:
complex networks that are dynamically formed. No two will be the same despite even sharing
most genetic info compared to another human being. That said, you even admitted yourself
that some twins are in fact both LGBT. Just like not all twins have the same mental illness
while others do, homosexuality is also sometimes hit and a miss.

You asked me if I know that some sets of twins can be radically different, polar opposites.
Yes. I do know that. I also know that I can completely change your behavior by removing grey matter from your skull. I can make you forget everyone you know. Literally. I can erase your brains ability to remember those you have known your whole life, and prevent your brain from ever making new memories on top of it, while still retaining all information and memories about how to play baseball or the lute. Someone can remove parts of your brain and cause you to be unaware of your OWN SELF...literally being unable to recognize that you as an individual exist. If I can remove your ability to be conscious of yourself, that speaks a lot as to the power of the brain. And if the brain
is formed by genetics, which environment aside, controls just how intelligent you can ever possibly be, that is an empirical evidence.

I can literally breed a more aggressive dog, cat, horse....even a human.
Again, your genetics are largely responsible for the formation of your brains structure. Parts of
your brain will be naturally more densely populated than others. Neural plasticity can allow for environmental factors to change it's structure, but it does in fact have a overall general built in structure and capability. Again, it's unlikely you or I will ever be an "Einstein", and discover
the new E=MC^2. Why? Well not only may we not have the environment conducive to building that capability, but our brains were born with a general structure that is not necessarily suitable for certain types of problem solving. Our brains are simply not equally capable of all the same things.

A perfect example of genetics driving sexual preference:
Tigers. They are solitary animals. They only seek each other out to mate, rarely dealing with others of the same sex. When they do, it's usually going to end with a territorial dispute.
How do you account then, for female tigers seeking outonly male tigers, and male tigers solely seeking out female tigers? How do you account for male and male, or female-female encounters leading to fights rather than attempted intercourse? The answer is genetics.

Genetics builds instincts into our dna. Your brain is hardwired, pre-configured to release adrenaline,
to feel fear in response to certain stimuli (like falling great distances towards concrete without a parachute, or just death period), to shut down parts of your body when suffering major trauma,
to control when you hit puberty...etc.

Why is it that your body controls EVERYTHING ELSE related to your sexual ability such as your genital formation, and again, your onset of puberty, but it would not play a role in your sexual preference?

Anyways, you say that people look down on the LGBT community because they try so hard to "justify" their position. That makes you insanely ignorant. You are essentially making an argument
similar to that made by white supremacists: "Why are blacks trying so hard to justify their rights?
There is nothing wrong with being black, but they make themselves look so ignorant by sticking to stupid defenses for explaining their position. Why are they so defensive if there is nothing wrong with being black?"

Do you see how stupid it effing sounds in that context?

On another note, Gays wouldn't need to "justify" their position if folks wouldn't harass them constantly, imprison them, murder them via stoning, stab them in dark alleyways, etc. Gays
wouldn't bother "justifying"anything if there weren't people in this world justifying a supposed
right to discriminate against them.

Please. Try again.

P.S. As for Arnold Schwarz, he made a few good movies, but that still makes him no less a
dickhead if he is anti-LGBT. He is apparently on the fence however, so I just don't know.
He struck down two bills, but then supposedly opposed Prop 8. I think he is possibly big enough
to realize it's really not an issue, but he is still choosing to throw folks under the bus to protect his legacy. Then again, maybe he just plain hates "faggots" and he is such a great actor, the true
venom stays hidden. Anyways, yes. "Twins" proves not a damned thing. ::headshake::