FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

2014 World Cup sweep stake starts soon Please join!

chasbeen
The world cup Sweepstake is now in the General chat room

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-159273.html
Peterssidan
Yes, count me in. This will make watching the world cup more interesting, especially since my country failed to qualify. Very Happy

I'm not familiar with sweep stakes so please tell me, is there an entry fee, or some kind of prize involved?
truespeed
I'm in.
chasbeen

chasbeen
Peterssidan : Croatia
truespeed: Brazil
chasbeen: Iran

Peterssidan
Ah I got Croatia. It's usually a pretty good team. They got Brazil in the same group which I guess is both good and bad. It's bad because it will be almost impossible to win the group, but good because if they proceed they will not have to meet them again until the final.
johans
Is there live coverage? Idea
deanhills
Missed this thread. I'm in as well.
chasbeen
deanhills: Mexico

Vanilla
Count me in!
Too bad Brazil is already taken. Razz
chasbeen
Vanilla: Nigeria

deanhills
Thanks Chasbeen. Guess i'd better go and whip those guys into shape in Mexico! Very Happy
chasbeen
Dh

there's a special guy called chicorito (or something like that) God built him to score goals. He might get Mexico into the Semi's but that will be that Very Happy
deanhills
Yup. I've just read their ratings ... so I'll go for the second worst team. Razz
codegeek
I'm in as well.
chasbeen
codegeek: Australia

Scoring
See topic header

General notes
Introduced 2nd worst team award so that a few points can be awarded at the end of the group stage.

There is 26 other teams so if you have not joined, please send a reply (This sweepstake allows a maximum of 16 players, so there are currently 10 places left).
If we don't get enough then "list members" will get additional teams.
We are going to allow 16 list members at KO. Then each List member will receive a 2nd random team.

codegeek: Sorry you did not get one of the favourites (Neither did I Iran!). There are points for the worst teams and all list members will get a 2nd random team at the very least.
william
Very nice idea, I'm in. Very Happy
chasbeen
william: Netherlands

Scoring
See topic header

General notes
There is 25 other teams so if you have not joined, please send a reply (This sweepstake allows a maximum of 16 players, so there are currently 9 places left).
We are going to allow 16 list members at KO. Then each List member will receive a 2nd random team.

william: Good team, should get out of the group at least....
standready
Can you count me in? I want to be the first knocked out as I usually am so my draw will the worst team (USA - laugh).
chasbeen
william: Netherlands
standready: Switzerland

Scoring
See topic header

General notes
There is 24 other teams so if you have not joined, please send a reply (This sweepstake allows a maximum of 16 players, so there are currently 8 places left).

standready: Sorry I'd have to Google to find out who plays for them Sad .. You'll get at least 1 more randomly selected team.
william
Ah, the Netherlands. Funny, I might have been rooting for the Spanish during the last finals. Razz (Although, that third place match was a lot better to watch).
jamesparker
That's interesting.
deanhills
william wrote:
Ah, the Netherlands. Funny, I might have been rooting for the Spanish during the last finals. Razz (Although, that third place match was a lot better to watch).
Haha .... wonder who's going to get Spain. Netherlands is quite good so you have done well so far. Think Germany must still be up for grabs as well. The best ones are still available.
chasbeen
True but Brazil are selected and they are in the top 4 at the bookies plus they are on home ground.
England won it in England
France won in France

For me, Brazil V Spain the final!!!!
deanhills
Aha .... so we need someone to get Spain. How about Portugal?
chasbeen
Peterssidan : Croatia+Algeria
truespeed: Brazil+Italy
deanhills: Mexico+Portugal
Vanilla: Nigeria+Chile
codegeek: Australia+Japan
william: Netherlands+Korea Republic
chasbeen: Iran+Cameroon
standready: Switzerland+England

Scoring
See topic header
Peterssidan
chasbeen wrote:
truespeed: Brazil+Italy

Lucky you! These are two very good teams. Wink
truespeed
Italy are in England's group though,so I will be happier if Italy get knocked out in the group stages.
chasbeen
If you happen to have the 2 crappiest teams you cannot beat the tournament winner...

Winner 10 points > (worst+2nd worst) 9points..

That is assuming we all end up with just 2 teams. (Need 8 more to join in still)
Peterssidan
truespeed wrote:
Italy are in England's group though,so I will be happier if Italy get knocked out in the group stages.
Both could proceed but they also got Uruguay in the group so it won't be easy. Italy often proceed from their group with smallest possible margin, but last time they failed to do that.
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
Agreed, that is quite lucky. Cool
deanhills
So what do you think the chances are of England against Italy? Think I'll be rooting Italy for a win. Just for the fun of it. England is probably likely to win.
truespeed
Italy would start favourites,they beat England on penalties in the quarter finals of Euro 2012. The only thing in England's favour is that Italy are notorious slow starters at world cups and as it is the opening game for both teams it gives England a chance,but,I say that more in hope than expectation.
chasbeen
Truespeed: ITALY V ENGLAND
I'm predicting a cagey game resulting in a boring 0-0 draw! Wink

playfungames
I am in.

Germany for me please.
chasbeen