FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Eyes problems





maclui
Does any of you suffer or know someone who suffers eye problems because of the coputer monitos and spending lots of time in front of it?
If you do please share the deatails.
Mark999111
i thought the bad eyesight from screens thing was just a myth?? Eh?
gonchiweb
Mark999111 wrote:
Does any of you suffer or know someone who suffers eye problems because of the coputer monitos and spending lots of time in front of it?
If you do please share the deatails.


i dont suffer eye problems but im not so far, with only 15 years and an average of 7hrs per day i think soon i would have! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
planet
Yeah when I go to bed my eyes hurt, but then again I have a laptop with me when I go herding my goats so its fair =))
BigBoss
I work in front of a computer at my job for several hours a day but my eyesight has yet to suffer for it. The last time I was ever tested, I had literally perfect vision.

They also have those thing screens you can place over your computer screen that's supposed to eliminate some of the hazards that tend to damage the eyesight of people.

Not sure what they're called but they're out there somewhere.
neosree
Yes, One of my friend has.
He was a programmer and he worked 10 houres a day to get more money. Now he is no more a programmer. He had got some eye problems and also have got a serious problem with his wrists. When he took a cup of tea, I saw his hands shake abnormally.
These are the side effects of Computers. Be careful.
There are several advices given by doctors, follow them all.
CrimsonStrange
Something I've experienced from staring at a monitor for hours on end: My eyes tend to cross when I'm reading or working on graphics.
(Particularly if I'm doing something where I'm changing an image pixel by pixel.)

And, obviously, just general eye tiredness; feeling like you've been looking at a bright light for a long time. (which in essence, you have.)
That sort of "pulling" sensation in your eyes, y'know.
silvermesh
any eye problems one has are unrelated to computer use. I used to be on the computer for 10 hours a day minimum, for several years straight. my eyesight is no worse than it was when I started.
saiyeek
I previously had to use the contact lens of power -0.5 but Now after starting to use computers for more than enough time, I have to use -1.5 power contact lenses.
mtoni
when I'm using the computer in the evening, i always make sure I have another lightsource so my eyes aren't watching to only one light.
They focus less then, and it somewhat prevents eyefatigueness
Patrick
I'm infront of the computer atleast 5 hours a day and i dont have problems, but a friend of mine has eye problems and has to wear these special glasses when he sits infront of a computer,
nilsmo
I am slightly near sighted (probably due to spending too much time on the computer) but I can still make out text written on the board when I am at school...
igor123d
From what I understand, contemporary studies have indicated that prolonged exposure to a compputer screen can cause partial problems that usually dissipate within a couple of hours. No major studies have been able to prove the permanent effects of excessive usage of computers. Nevertheless, many doctors suspect that irresponsible viewing of a monitor can have permanent detrimental effects and I have the same opinion judging from personal experience. In any case, moderation is the safe road.
blackdragon666
BigBoss wrote:
They also have those thing screens you can place over your computer screen that's supposed to eliminate some of the hazards that tend to damage the eyesight of people.

Not sure what they're called but they're out there somewhere.


That thing is like tinted plastic to keep the UV radiation from damaging your eyes, they use them in office buildings and other buisinesses where their emploies may be subject to staring at a computer monitor for long periods of time. I'm not sure where you could buy one though, probably Office Depot or something. Twisted Evil
btocakci
The oonly thing that i dont like about the computer is bein' caused of eye prooblems. Sometimes i cant control the, theyre crossing become extremely wet.I see weird things in front of me when i close them. Any way out of this???
MistaKiula
blackdragon666 wrote:
BigBoss wrote:
They also have those thing screens you can place over your computer screen that's supposed to eliminate some of the hazards that tend to damage the eyesight of people.

Not sure what they're called but they're out there somewhere.


That thing is like tinted plastic to keep the UV radiation from damaging your eyes, they use them in office buildings and other buisinesses where their emploies may be subject to staring at a computer monitor for long periods of time. I'm not sure where you could buy one though, probably Office Depot or something. Twisted Evil


I should get one of those..
psycosquirrel
I heard florescent lighting also causes this. I use a computer at least 6 hours a day, and I have average eyesight, even though bad eyesight is all over my family (I will probably need glasses in a few years)
wilsgrant
imoho it is just a myth (like when they said salt causes cancer)
Related topics
My site - aka Dark Circles under the eyes suck
How computer affect your health?
Problems with my new glasses (medical)
Facing Many Problems
New forum area (computer problems)
20 Frih$
Problems With Index Page
FTP problems --> Use Filezilla and/or active mode
problems
u must enter..cool
Linux or Windows on your computer?!
Top 10 web design mistakes!..
Dems: these are merely the facts
Pets
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.