FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

As you get tired, what does your body start saying?

chasbeen
There is definitely different types of being tired, let's expand on this.

(1)You have been a couch potato for over an hour and you want to tear yourself away from meaningless visual stimulation and head up the wooden hill to bed.

(2)You are working on something quite complicated but you realize in your head that to arrive at a solution you are going to have to do many mentally challenging things in your head. You find your eyes shutting even if it's the middle of the day. You lie down and immediately sleep for an hour and then wake up and you can solve the complicated problem.

(3)You have been out all day visiting and doing things that you don't normally do. You get home in the mid-afternoon but you feel really tired, despite having a good night's sleep. You go to bed and sleep for 2 hours and wake up completely recharged. You might go to bed 4 hours later for your nights sleep but the sleep you had in the afternoon does not stop you getting 6-7 hours sleep when you go to bed "for the night".

How many more examples can you thing of where your body says "I need sleep?"
deanhills
1. You wake up in the morning with the kind of drowsiness that says you're still very tired and need some more sleep.

2. You spend 10 minutes in the hot sun and all of a sudden there's a content drowsiness completely taking over

3. Someone is talking to you and you find your mind totally unable to concentrate, in fact quite embarrassing, you find your head nodding off.

4. You need to make a simple calculation in your head and your usual alertness is just not there.
chasbeen
DH's quotes
Quote:
1. You wake up in the morning with the kind of drowsiness that says you're still very tired and need some more sleep.

Good one, yes that sounds like another completely unique one.
Quote:
2. You spend 10 minutes in the hot sun and all of a sudden there's a content drowsiness completely taking over.

Sounds like my "2" but an addition. Your lying in the Sun because your kind of saying "That's it, i'm not going to calculate anything more and so your mind kind of thinks about random things and ignores anything requiring extra calculation.

Quote:
3. Someone is talking to you and you find your mind totally unable to concentrate, in fact quite embarrassing, you find your head nodding off.

Sounds like 2 again but also an extension of it. It's a different situation but amounts to the same thing.

Quote:
4. You need to make a simple calculation in your head and your usual alertness is just not there.

That's the same as my 2, I think...
loveandormoney
chasbeen wrote:
There is definitely different types of being tired, let's expand on this.

(1)You have been a couch potato for over an hour and you want to tear yourself away from meaningless visual stimulation and head up the wooden hill to bed.

(2)You are working on something quite complicated but you realize in your head that to arrive at a solution you are going to have to do many mentally challenging things in your head. You find your eyes shutting even if it's the middle of the day. You lie down and immediately sleep for an hour and then wake up and you can solve the complicated problem.

(3)You have been out all day visiting and doing things that you don't normally do. You get home in the mid-afternoon but you feel really tired, despite having a good night's sleep. You go to bed and sleep for 2 hours and wake up completely recharged. You might go to bed 4 hours later for your nights sleep but the sleep you had in the afternoon does not stop you getting 6-7 hours sleep when you go to bed "for the night".

How many more examples can you thing of where your body says "I need sleep?"

The best way is
to accept help from Your friends.

It is a great pleasure to accept help.
standready
Wake up from a nap, roll over and go to sleep.
Blaster
Physically tired. When you were doing something physical all day and your body is tired from all the work you have put it through.
loveandormoney
standready wrote:
Wake up from a nap, roll over and go to sleep.

During 80 years?

Avoid pleasure or enjoy pleasure?
raaeft1
It is a signal for me to take rest and a nap preferably. After that I feel rejuvenated and full of energy.
Sometimes, I pop in Spirulina or some other vitamin.
mshafiq
Signal for me also that time to sleep. so when ever i feel tire i go bed and sleep.
esmeeey
well like everyone.. I sleep when my body is tireed. sometimes i eat too much.. i dunno. haha
spinout
coffee cooffeeeee cooofffeeeeeee, more more more.. haha well, not exactly I just doze away....
Peterssidan
Sometimes I get tired after eating a big "heavy" meal, especially if there are a lot of people in the room so that the oxygen level is low (or is it because the CO₂ level is high? I'm not sure).