FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The start of the day. What are your first actions?

chasbeen
My definition of "The start of the day" is when I wake up.

Our first conscious thoughts are very important, but how much are they controlled by other people?

Leaving aside the natural physical adjustments you most immediately make, how much of what you do in the first hour of the day is controlled by other people and how much of what you do is totally determined by what you want?
deanhills
You always make interesting topics Chas. This one really has me thinking. I don't think I really know what I want. Maybe I'm in a rut. I think I rarely wake up in the morning not knowing what to do with the day as I program myself the night before. First thoughts when I wake up are how I'm going to get to what I need to do. But yes, if that is what I really want to do is another matter entirely. Would be nice to know what I really want. Razz
chasbeen
When you wake up. Try and start thinking about what you want (one of my humble opinions/ideas). Some people call this being "selfish" but then are those yet more of those little voices trying to make you feel guilty.

What are your first thoughts of the day and how many of them lead you into actions that are not necessarily what you want to be doing?
standready
First thing for me in the morning is COFFEE!!!! Must have starting fluid!
Simonjw
Wow, this is by far the most interesting topic I have come across on Frihost since I signed up. I really like it Smile!

For me being controlled by other people has two sides, either it is a good or a bad form of control. I will stick to the latter on this one and break it down from there.

If I have a problem with someone or there is some sort of issue which is controlling, I will have it sorted out by the time I go to bed that night so that when I wake up I have a fresh mind to start the day ahead. I also have what I call the elasti-plan which I do everyday after I clock off working. This plan is an elastic plan, hence the name, solely because no one on Earth can exactly plan their whole day out as there are bound to be some mishaps and anomalies and by doing this I can restructure my tasks and goals at hand a lot better and without having to rush everything and maybe make mistakes.

So by the time I wake up, I know exactly what I want to do, but whether I get to do it is up to how the day actually goes. Generally I try reach at least 80% completion on my daily goals and tasks.

Honestly I think it is stupid when someone says it is selfish to think about what they want because everyone does it and frankly it is a good thing that people do it too because if we didn't we would be unhappy and then we'd probably make a few more people unhappy just because of it.

Sometimes caffeine is the only thing that can truly bring someone to life in the morning haha.

Simon
Gregoric
The very first thing I do is to stretch my muscles out to let the blood flow through my body Wink Then, a cup of tea or water and fifteen minutes for exercise. Then I make myself a breakfast and get a shower. After the shower I eat the breakfast, wash my teeth and do some more exercise.

About the exercise - if wakep me up, I prefer doing like hald an hour of exercise in total than to drink coffee. I mostly do some push-ups - they do not require much time and wake most of yourr body up. If I do not make any exercise, I am... like a zombie for like three or five hours in the morning Wink

I do recommend doing a bit of exercise in the morning
spinout
First I drink some yoghurt, then I attend the kids and then I fix myself up and roll to some work,.
jajarvin
I go for a walk with my dog. It is a nice exercise and a great way to start a new day of my life.

grofet
For me, the starts of the day is in the dusk when then sunset prayer is come. It's the standards for moon calendar.

24.00 pm or 00.00 am in the middle of the night is not the right starts of the day for me.
chartcentral
Normally, I'd have some bread and coffee, or, cereal and milk the first thing when I wake up in the morning. Smile
playfungames
I am so addicted to the internet these days that the start of my day begins with the internet.

As soon as I open my eyes, I move my hand around and feel for my glasses. Then after putting it on, the next thing I do is feel around to find my mobile. I don't always keep it in the same place but it is within reach from my bed.

After getting my mobile phone, I connect to the internet and browse some social sites. Then I realize, I have to wake up, so I lock up my phone and then go to the bathroom to begin my day...that is with brushing.
Deline
I wake up and go strictly to the bath. I take a shower, and while I get ready for work I prepare my breakfast. Then I eat, finish my makeup and run to work.
Deline
I wake up and go strictly to the bath. I take a shower, and while I get ready for work I prepare my breakfast. Then I eat, finish my makeup and run to work.
chasbeen
I really like the above comments. One person said proudly "The next day of my life" or some such. To them it was very important they got it right.

Could not agree more. Each day is very precious. I think it only took me a half century to determine this!

It's so obvious too.. Duhhh!
sysna
Usually i go to W.C. when i wake up Very Happy but it can be controlled by the others, do you know how ? when you wake up and you find out there is someone else in the W.C. then those minutes will be the worse time of your day ! and this is how it may be controlled by the other people Very Happy

And another thing i usually do is a quick check of most important day news, and also check my emails, messages, etc while eating breakfast.
chartcentral
Have some breakfast: That would either be cereal and milk, or, bread or cookies and coffee. Smile
spinout
I suppose having a stare in the fridge is a good thing, so I remember what is in it if I have the opportunity to go pass the grocery shop in the afternoon. Do I remember? Yes, I have quite good memory.
chasbeen
I love the comments on this post. Its been a very good subject:)
Another thing you should do is join the Frihost World Cup sweepstake!

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-159273.html
chatrack
Hi,

First thing to do or should do is to touch the mother earth(ground or floor) keeping a prayer
that , this day should be a good day in my life.
Insanity
I think a majority of the things I do when I first wake is up controlled by me and not other people. But I suppose if you think about it, the fact that I'm waking up early to go to work is controlled by the company I work for to an extent. Nobody wakes up earlier than they have to unless there's a good reason for it. In that sense, there's no control over what I do during that first hour because it started with waking up on the command of the place I work for. But then again you can choose to not go to work, so you do have some sort of control over it. It's a strange question.
chasbeen
Insanity:I'm waiting for my new contract to start. I think we were all programmed to like being in work. This has influenced me about feeling good when I am totally free.
LxGoodies
Quote:
work

I have to be at work in the morning at about 9:15 hrs. I live about 120km from where I work.. and I have to travel by train. This means I have to be up on my bicycle between 6 and 7, to go to the station. For me, this is uncomfortable because I am an evening/night bird rather than a morning bird. As a result, I wake up, I open my eyes, get up wash dress and leave in one automatic go.. before I know I'm sitting on my bicycle. First moment of conciense: coffee, breakfast and newspaper in the train.

When I do NOT have to work I don't do all that Razz Very Happy
deanhills
LxGoodies wrote:
Quote:
work

I have to be at work in the morning at about 9:15 hrs. I live about 120km from where I work.. and I have to travel by train. This means I have to be up on my bicycle between 6 and 7, to go to the station. For me, this is uncomfortable because I am an evening/night bird rather than a morning bird. As a result, I wake up, I open my eyes, get up wash dress and leave in one automatic go.. before I know I'm sitting on my bicycle. First moment of conciense: coffee, breakfast and newspaper in the train.

When I do NOT have to work I don't do all that Razz Very Happy
WOW! That sounds like enormous hardship to me. Any chance you could move closer to work? Shocked
andro_king
Today i started my day with a cigarette, after that i turned on my music system and listened to my favorite songs. Smile
Nyasro
My day starts with my Smartphone,
looking into it and see if any messages or mails ? Smile
carleyadriana
Every morning has new face ofchallenge.
spinout
right now - coffee.....
deanhills
Summer holiday plans. And Agoda.com now in partnership with Booking.com, interfering with my life's accommodation decisions.
fuzzkaizer
first thing i do every day in the morning when i wake up: i walk into the kitchen to have a glass of water. or maybe two glasses!
playfungames
At the start of the day, usually my first thought: Where is my mobile phone. My first action: Reaching out to my mobile phone.

I know this is really bad. Sad
pravojednostavno
Coffee!
chasbeen
playfungames
I disagree it's natural. You already have your orders for the day. Here's a potential list.

Your Partner
Your Mum
Your Boss
The tax man etc etc

Now you prioritize and guess what your at No1 and your first instinct is your communication is and your stuff.

Again note those words "this is bad". Who told you that?
steeve
When I wake up, firstly I thanks to god and then a sweet good morning kiss to my wife. After that, I go for walk with my wife.
chasbeen
steeve
I'm not that religious but that 's like the perfect start.
Everything is synchronized.
IceCreamTruck
First thing I think about in the morning: "Ugh, not again!"

I don't know why but I'm not usually a happy camper in the morning. You can ask my wife, and she'll say that I'm definitely a grumpy bear in the morning. It's usually about 11am before I am back to my jovial self.
zimmer
chasbeen wrote:
My definition of "The start of the day" is when I wake up.

Our first conscious thoughts are very important, but how much are they controlled by other people?

Leaving aside the natural physical adjustments you most immediately make, how much of what you do in the first hour of the day is controlled by other people and how much of what you do is totally determined by what you want?

Yup. Wake up. But i think to start a day, what you usually do to complete your day. Some says drinking coffee. I do that also since coffee has cofaine to keeps you awake and have more energy on the whole day.
Annettekroghhansen
I start the day by meditating. I make a connection to my heart - and try to refresh the connection during the day.