FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

making backups

SilverDogg
i have been intending to make a backup of my page for some time now, and when the server crasched i got scared i missed my chance, so now more than ever.

anyway, when i chcek the backup options there are full backup, home backup, mysql backup and aliases/filters backup.

i was thinking about doing a full backup, but it says directly below:
Quote:
Note: You cannot restore these backups, they can only be restored by your administrator.

and.. uhm.. what? i cant restore it myself? i have to ask someone? and what if frihost goes down? this sounds very strange ;/
Bondings
I'll have to take a look at the settings, I just don't have much time to do it. It seems like you can't restore them at the moment. (that doesn't make the backup different though) So at the moment you aren't able to restore a previously made backup, but you are able to make one and even restore that one somewhere else.

But a home backup together with the backup of all your databases should be enough for your data. It also generates much less cpu-load.