FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Posting in Forums

manoj2593
Hi everybody there...I have a question can anybody tell me how to post directly to frihost.com is there any api to post here by using php
badai
failed.

an appropriate place to ask is in phpBB forum.
Marcuzzo
LOL, my post on this one has been deleted by a mod ( not sure because I would have expected a message or something ) I may have been a tad over the edge but it sure was funny.

PS: to add to the last post. the base PHPBB doesn't have this implemented and there may be modules or mods that would/could support it but since we need to post here to get/keep our hosting I doubt it that it would be implemented on this forum.
Peterssidan
I guess this could be useful if you want to write a spambot. Wink It is possible to post using PHP (or almost any other language) but you have to send the same information that a browser would send.
Marcuzzo
Peterssidan wrote:
I guess this could be useful if you want to write a spambot. Wink It is possible to post using PHP (or almost any other language) but you have to send the same information that a browser would send.

yep, authentication data, sessions, etc...
Peterssidan
Marcuzzo wrote:
Peterssidan wrote:

yep, authentication data, sessions, etc...

My C++ program that collects post statistics do this to get access to pages only available to logged-in members. It doesn't make any posts but it wouldn't be hard to do.
truespeed
The forum of the future,a forum with x amount of users,all spam bots chatting to each other about all kinds of topics pulling information from the internet producing top quality content. Wink
Peterssidan
Yeah, good idea, as long as that forum is not Frihost.