FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Internet Download Manager

vietboy
Please Use Quote Tags wrote:

Internet Download Manager (IDM) is a tool to increase download speeds by up to 500 percent, resume and schedule downloads. Comprehensive error recovery and resume capability will restart broken or interrupted downloads due to lost connections, network problems, computer shutdowns, or unexpected power outages. Simple graphic user interface makes IDM user friendly and easy to use.

Internet Download Manager has a smart download logic accelerator that features intelligent dynamic file segmentation and safe multipart downloading technology to accelerate your downloads. Unlike other download accelerators and managers that segment files before downloading starts, Internet Download Manager segments downloaded files dynamically during download process. Internet Download Manager reuses available connections without additional connect and login stages to achieve better acceleration performance.

Internet Download Manager supports proxy servers, ftp and http protocols, firewalls, redirects, cookies, directories with authorization, MP3 audio and MPEG video content processing, and a large number of directory listing formats. IDM integrates seamlessly into Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape, MSN Explorer, AOL, Opera, Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Firebird, Avant Browser, MyIE2, and all other popular browsers to automatically handle your downloads. You can also drag and drop files, or use Internet Download Manager from command line. Internet Download Manager can dial your modem at the set time, download the files you want, then hang up or even shut down your computer when it's done.

Other features include multilingual support, zip preview, download categories, built-in download accelerator, scheduler pro, sounds on events, HTTPS support, queue processor, pipelining of ftp commands, html help and tutorial, enhanced virus protection on download completion, progressive downloading with quotas (useful for connections that use some kind of fair access policy or FAP like Direcway, Direct PC, Hughes, etc.), command line parameters, and many others.

Version 4.04 adds improved browser integration, a new 3D look, toolbar customization, downloadable skins, enhanced download engine, the unique integration into all latest browsers, and a wealth of other improvements and new features. Please look at news page if you want more information

This is the best download tool i have ever used, the numberone hehe

Download: http://internetdownloadmanager.com/idman404.exe
meangurl
anyone already tried it? 'coz i wanna proceed to something better than flashget because of all the spywares and other stuffs...
flashget is better than Internet Download Manager.
n0obie4life
nah. all your things can't beat mine!

TrueDownloader 0.8.2 (open source program Razz)
FullAlbums
Hmmm, looks good but i think i am going to stick with my DAP 7.4.1 (Download Accelerator Plus 7.4.1) its a great program, boosts my speeds and i can resume my broken downloads, was well worth the download for it Cool
kimia
i'm using IDA(Internet Download Accelerator).
It's very good and fast.
and support many laneguges.
Its interface is like DAP. but hasn't got any spyware or ads.
yjwong
DAP has adware which leads to spyware!!
Don't ever click on the banner above, you will get infected by spyware.
samh
I'll go for flashget too.
tumpat
i m using download accelerator plus...(DAP)

it faster than others software..

try it..
turbosquid
Using Net Transport here, seems fairly good, although i haven't tried any others ;p might check out the freeware TrueDownloader there are some great freeware tools out there.

TurboSuqid
mark.g
I use flashget, but havent used the others. I dont think there's a difference in the speed of download between flashget, download accelerator plus and internet download manager.
blueray
actually, I still using flashget. But this seems good. I will try it later.
but do you have any chart or so that show different betweeen these two apps ?

Thanks sharing of this information. Smile

Eric,
loosu
I would say , a combination of firefox along with Dta Download manager is the best combination .

IT offers the perfect integration , with firefox , without the need for anyother manager and also , perfectly goes within the mozilla base . Very Happy
orcaz
I would think free download manager is the best... I haf used flashget b4, but I think FDM is better. Flashget can onli haf 10 splits, while FDM can haf 20. And in the version I used last time, there were ads unless you pay to register.
mksoft
idm very good , but - http://www.westbyte.com/
urangkayo
nice download manager i think

but i lovely use wget -c for download from my linux console Smile
JayBee
when I want clicking - dTa (DownThemAll) is the best
when I want more wget is the best for me Wink

vietboy wrote:
Internet Download Manager

I can't try IDM because it is only for windows Sad
(I mean IDM="Internet Download Manager" not "Intelligent dance music" because it is platform free Very Happy )
kurd
thank you...................................
winds
I don't use this download software, I use FlashGet, before I used WellGet.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
About Flashget.

FlashGet is specifically designed to address two of the biggest problems when
downloading files: Speed and management of downloaded files.
If you've ever waited forever for your files to download from a slow connection, or been cut
off mid-way through a download - or just can't keep track of your ever-growing downloads
- FlashGet is for you.
FlashGet can split downloaded files into sections, downloading each section
simultaneously, for an increase in downloading speed from 100% to 500%. This,
coupled with FlashGet's powerful and easy-to-use management features, helps
you take control of your downloads like never before.

Speed

FlashGet can automatically split files into sections or splits, and download each split
simultaneously. Multiple connections are opened to each file, and the result is the the
most efficient exploitation of the bandwidth available. Whatever your connection,
FlashGet makes sure all of the bandwidth is utilized. Difficult, slow downloads that
normally take ages are handled with ease. Download times are drastically reduced.

Management

FlashGet is capable of creating unlimited numbers of categories for your files. Download
jobs can be placed in specifically-named categories for quick and easy access.
The powerful and easy-to-use management features in FlashGet help you take control of
your downloads easily.

Highlights

Speed The ability to split files into up to 10 parts, with each part downloading
simultaneously. Up to 8 different simultaneous download jobs. FlashGet just might be
the fastest download software around!
Organize Categorize files with FlashGet's integrated & simple-yet-powerful file
management features before your files engulf you!
Mirror search Automatically search for the fastest server available for the fastest
possible downloads.
Automatically have FlashGet dial up, hang up & shut down the computer when you're
not around!
Schedule to download files whenever you feel! Whether it's while you snooze or during
off-peak periods, certain times each weekday, weekend or whatever. The choice is yours!
Manage your copious downloaded files with FlashGet's simple yet powerful user
interface. Automate your FlashGet downloads with a browser click! Supports Internet
Explorer, Netscape and Opera* web browsers. *with freely downloadable plug-in.
Superior ease-of-use. FlashGet's interface is logical, integrated, informative and c
ustomizable. Queue your downloads with FlashGet's logical queuing system.
Control the download speed limit so that downloading files doesn't interfere with your
web browsing!
Easily see any aspect of your downloads at a glance. Whether it be server status
messages, monitoring splits, amount downloaded, time left...whatever! No excessive
clicking into multiple open windows to see what's going on!
Customize the the FlashGet toolbar and user interface, including the Graph and log
window colors. Support for proxy servers for maximum downloading flexibility.
Speak your language with FlashGet's auto-select language capabilities
(20+ selectable languages available).
Check for FlashGet updates from within FlashGet.
Monitor your download progress, server status messages and download splits
graphically with the easiest, most functional user interface around!
BT BitTorrent files download support!
Vista Compatible with Vista

Awards

FlashGet is the proud recipient
of several awards, including the
prestigious 5-star ZDNet Editors' Pick.
There is simply no
other download
manager that
compares!

------------------------------------------------------------
it is good. The software url is http://www.flashget.com/
Fake
I've been using IDM for ages now. Pretty good software. It's simple enough to use. NO hassles as such.