FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Happy NINTH Birth Day Frihost!

deanhills
Happy Birthday Frihost. NINE YEARS old!

Bondings' first post was made on 26 April 2005.

grofet
Wow it's a long long time ago.
Happy first post day for frihost.
I hope frihost can provide us better services in the future.
Afaceinthematrix
Most websites don't tend to stay around that long. I hope that we can get Frihost going again and get posting back.
Peterssidan
Happy times! Very Happy I hope the tenth year will be a good year.
Ankhanu
It's been quite the slog, hasn't it?? Very Happy
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
I hope that we can get Frihost going again and get posting back.

You and me both!
chasbeen
We are all different from 9 years ago. I hope B in B continues. In that time I have had several websites on different servers but my oldest ones are on this one.
Vanilla
I can see me! Yay!

Congrats to Frihost and to everybody who's still here, posting and keeping things going!
cybersa
Happy Birthday.
Only one hosting,providing free service for almost 8 years.
Thanks to Bondings.

@deanhills
Nice picture.
Did you make that?
twotrophy
Happy belated anniversary everyone. Thank you Bondings for keeping this website up for so many years.
Pippo90
Happy birthday, Frihost. You are the best provider of free web hosting in the whole Internet, and I love you for it. Embarassed
ibraltan1
Happy birthday Frihost. Can we compare the size of the internet and the number of the websites between 2005 and 2014? The numbers have been increasing rapidly. But who claims that keeping a website or a business alive on the internet is easier than starting of it. So many websites and hosting firms disappeared through this time period. Internet is not an easy place to survive. Having sufficient management abilities, at least enough amount of knowledge, not losing desire to be successful, having some competitive edges that enable a website be ahead of its rivals are minimum requirements of continuing in existence in such a circumstance that includes so many adversities. Frihost was and is successful. Could it be better? Maybe. But the level that it has achieved is enough to be congratulated. It is, as far as I know, the best provider of free web hosting in the entire Internet by far. Happy anniversaries for everyone who contributed Frihost. Thank you Bondings for this great website. I hope you are in good health conditions.
deanhills
cybersa wrote:

@deanhills
Nice picture.
Did you make that?
I made it three months ago for the thread on guessing the date when Bondings would post again. I was feeling very nostalgic at the time. I first started with arranging the infamous Bondings images and then started to add the avatars. Once I started with the avatars was totally bowled over by how many there were. We're all but dead yet.
standready
Very Cool image, Dean! Happy 9th to Bondings and Frihost!
Blaster
Been here for 8 of the 9 years and its been a great experience. Heres to another 9 years!!!
deanhills
standready wrote:
Very Cool image, Dean! Happy 9th to Bondings and Frihost!
Thanks Stand! Very Happy

Blaster wrote:
Been here for 8 of the 9 years and its been a great experience. Heres to another 9 years!!!

For me it would be awesome to get to 10 years. Sounds like a very significant number.
jajarvin
9 years and still going strong Very Happy
william
Ah, been busy so I missed it. Happy belated, Frihost! Very Happy

Still remains extremely impressive to have lasted so long on the internet, especially considering how much change there has been since 2005 (don't forget, Youtube is only two months older than Frihost).
Blaster
Its impressive how considering most places change over the years and frihost has stayed for the most part the same. Just look even google changed its looks and the way it works.
snowynight
deanhills wrote:
Happy Birthday Frihost. NINE YEARS old!

Bondings' first post was made on 26 April 2005.

Congratulations! It's not easy for a forum to stay that long--and surely longer. I still remember the day they celebrated the millions post. How time flies.
amateurlee
I am glad to see this. Because i am going to apply a host Laughing
RosenCruz
Great community ! Great times. Proud to be a member Cool
chasbeen
Its like a Basic Facebook except you get your own webspace.

Nothing like it.

Thanks BONDINGS

Where ever you are.....
Insanity
I say this a lot, but it doesn't make it any less true -- FriHost has been around for a amazing amount of years. I started out with Frihost when it was near its infancy and trying to recruit people. This was back in the days when I was just a little kid trying to get his own website to do stupid things, and I needed to get a free hosting because obviously I had no job and no income so I had to revert to things that were free. After a long series of hosts which promptly died after a year max, I came across Frihost, which had this weird requirement to keep posting to get your hosting. It's been up ever since then, and I'm always surprised when I look back and see how long it's been and still managed to stay up. I don't know what Bondings' secret is to keeping this site running, but I'm happy that it is, and hope that it manages to stay up for a much longer time.
RosenCruz
Insanity wrote:
I say this a lot, but it doesn't make it any less true -- FriHost has been around for a amazing amount of years. I started out with Frihost when it was near its infancy and trying to recruit people. This was back in the days when I was just a little kid trying to get his own website to do stupid things, and I needed to get a free hosting because obviously I had no job and no income so I had to revert to things that were free. After a long series of hosts which promptly died after a year max, I came across Frihost, which had this weird requirement to keep posting to get your hosting. It's been up ever since then, and I'm always surprised when I look back and see how long it's been and still managed to stay up. I don't know what Bondings' secret is to keeping this site running, but I'm happy that it is, and hope that it manages to stay up for a much longer time.

Great summary. Thanks. You are absolutely right Wink
codegeek
@deanhills, Hey, I'm on there as well. Thanks! Very Happy
tonberry
I've just came back after another break from Frihost and it's still there. The last time I was around, there was a lot of downtime and there are status messages about some DDOS attack and such, but I guess it's not enough to stop this website Smile
hunnyhiteshseth
Wow!! Frihost has come a long way from start. I remember when points for blog were introduced, when forum was redesigned, when frih$ could be used for promoting your website on frihost homepage and when coins were introduced. Everything was a small change when it was introduced but everything adds up.
playfungames
Wow, this must be the longest surviving post to host or free host service that has survived this long. I remember back then there were a couple of these but a lot of such services disappeared. I remember another one called LifeLessPeople (L2P) and I think they've stopped their service as well.

Congrats on the 9th birthday to Bondings and Frihosters here. Let's talk again at the 10th.
zimmer
Wow!

Congratulation! I hope more years to come. Truely amazing services!
Lolswagg2019
Woaw 9 years !
Congratulations !

I really love Frihost Very Happy