FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Simple RSS app

Possum
Hi

I use itunes to get all my podcasts. But I find it big and slow on my Old computer. Is there a smaller RSS Aggregator I can use. One problem I have with itunes is that it regularly stops downloading files and wont start again..

Cheers Possum..
Marcuzzo
I don't know of any tools to use because to be honest I've never used RSS Embarassed
But RSS is fairly simple to parse because it's xml.
you could write a small script for this
badai
Usually, all my RSS feeds kind of small snippet where you need to go online to read the rest of the article. So I stop using RSS client years ago and only use web based client, which can be access from anywhere.

Currently I'm using feedly (http://feedly.com/)

I'm sure your old tired computer can run an old tired browser which should have no problem with feedly. I occasionally access feedly from old version of browser on very, very old computer, some even running Windows 98.

The down side is you need an always on connection, which who doesn't have one now?
amagard
RSSOwl is a nice RSS Reader and usually you can read full articles in the reader without having to visit the web site. The same can be said about Omea Reader which I use currently. Requires Windows 2000/XP/2003 and .NET Framework.
Found a nice list of RSS Reader here.
johans
Possum wrote:
Hi

I use itunes to get all my podcasts. But I find it big and slow on my Old computer. Is there a smaller RSS Aggregator I can use. One problem I have with itunes is that it regularly stops downloading files and wont start again..

Cheers Possum..

I have never tried it before.
Possum
Its so true.. If you want it.. Write it...
Possum
amagard RSSowl looks like a great app too..

Ive just been at its site thx