FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Goin' belly up

Mark999111
hey

What are the chances of frihost completely collapsing? i thought that had happened during the downtime recently.

I reeally dont want to start making a site/posting here ifits going to collapse 2weeks from now Mad
Bondings
Mark999111 wrote:
hey

What are the chances of frihost completely collapsing? i thought that had happened during the downtime recently.

I reeally dont want to start making a site/posting here ifits going to collapse 2weeks from now Mad

One of our two servers was down during 12 hours. This shouldn't have happened and I'm trying to do my best so that it will never happen again.

However, a server crash doesn't mean that frihost will collapse. Frihost is almost seven months old now and there is no reason why we should collapse. I'm really looking forward to celebrating one year Frihost.

I don't know where you got those 2 weeks, I just hope there is no planned hack attack then. Wink
waiteck
Frihost's domains are certainly not going to be expired yet. Look at Bondings's profile. Joined: 26 Apr 2005 (Relatively new). Besides that, a second server has been set up, so this proves that frihost can last for at least a year more.

Anyway, frihost has been doing weel right, foums have been quite active, and Bondings smiling caz he earned though ads. So what for collapse when its working out well?
Mark999111
glad to hear it

just ive seen a few other freehosts collapse without any warning at all
Bondings
Mark999111 wrote:
glad to hear it

just ive seen a few other freehosts collapse without any warning at all

Yeah, I understand, some even collapse several times a month. (collapse, start again and collapse)

Also, for the future, please don't think that if one server is down, that something happened to Frihost. Most likely it's a technical issue, like a server crash.
shaggly
and long may you guys continue to provide this excellent service Applause
AardvarkSagus
Yes I want to thank you as well. I will thank you more when I get my frihosted site up and running but in the mean time I am already looking forward to using your service.
ignition
I've had my website up on frihost for over half a year now, and I can't even recall any downtime other than the recent server crash on Friday (which is why I was so worried about Frihost being down). Thank goodness it was only (hah, only) a crash though, and not the result of FH being shut down.

I can definitely see Frihost staying strong; as long as everybody visits the sponsors occasionally and continues posting on the forums then there shouldn't be a question about frihost getting shut down. Hell, it's growing rapidly...I think it was just a week ago that the member count was in the 5000s and now it's almost 6300 Surprised

Still, it is reassuring to here bonding's word about looking forward to a one-year anniversary Razz

<3 frihost