FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

If you had to your user name today, what would you pick?

TurtleShell
So our identities are all defined by our names, in a way. I picked the name "turtleshell" in something like 2006, and I'm a very different person now. If I had to pick a new name for myself on Frihost, I don't think I would pick to name myself after something I wanted to identify with (turtles). Instead, I think I would pick something that more closely links to my current habits and my life. I might go with something like "beerbrewingmama" or "brokewriter" or something like that. What would you pick?
deanhills
I was also quite a different person when I joined Frihost in 2008. Frihost was both my first forum and free hosting experience. So had lots of learning to do. If I had to join Frihost today with the experience I've gained in forums and free hosting over a fairly long period of intense posting and learning curves, I'd probably choose a completely different name. Except now that I've had the same name for six years, it's probably become a Frihost family name of sorts. I'm not exactly happy with it, but it would feel strange to have a different name at Frihost.
chartcentral
I'd probably use an alias, rather than have my username be the same as the subdomain I wanted here at Frihost. Hehe. Smile
playfungames
I've always had problems with usernames. I don't know what to use. So, most of the time, I use the name of my website as usernames. That is what I am using right now. I'm not sure what I want to change it to. May be I want to change it to my another website name which I work mostly on these days.
Blaster
I tend to use the same username anywhere I go. My original username came from the Yamaha Blaster that I used to ride. Back when I was starting out on the internet that seemed like a good fit. Since then it has just stuck. A few forums I have joined Blaster was already used so I pick between Blaster95 which 95 has nothing to do with me and I have no idea why I picked it so therefore tend not to use it as much or Blaster63. 63 is the number of my firehouse, which is a number I am proud to represent. I have also used jje5090 for a few things. When I went away to school this was my login for everything. JJE are my initials and I have no idea where the 5090 come in.
Peterssidan
When I registered I wasn’t sure if the subdomain name had to be the same as the username so I tried to think of a name for my website. I guess I was too eager to get my hosting so I ended up with a misspelled name that doesn't really make much sense as a username.

Nowadays when I join forums I often use my first name Peter if it's still available. On Frihost that name was taken long before I even joined so I guess I would have to add something to it. Maybe appending the last two digits of my birth year, or maybe I would just use my website name Da​ta​ap​a.
standready
I would still use what I have as "Standready" is my product's name.
jamesparker
I am happy with the name for now Smile but that is true, we some times need to change it. agreed:)
Peterssidan
jamesparker wrote:
I am happy with the name for now Smile but that is true, we some times need to change it. agreed:)

It's not possible to change, and to be honest I think it's a good thing because it can be very confusing otherwise. People changing their avatars is confusing enough. Wink
Insanity
The same one! I think it's fortunate I have this one because it's so popular. I get so many emails from people who want the username that I'm lucky to have it.
Marcuzzo
Insanity wrote:
The same one! I think it's fortunate I have this one because it's so popular. I get so many emails from people who want the username that I'm lucky to have it.

yes you are Applause

Twisted Evil
spinout
I would go for something more evil, spinout is an Elvis-movie.... Embarassed
catscratches
catscratches was a username me and a friend used to share. My personal username pretty much everywhere has been chainsawkitten for several years.
muntja
my sister gave me this nick name back in like 1998 when zelda on SNES came out, we were huge on that; i've kept it ever since... it's great because it's so random that almost anywhere i go onilne no one uses it... so if i see it's already registered somewhere, i know it's me that has it registered...

now that i'm a father, it's funny, i hope one day my son takes it on! Smile
jajarvin
I think I would use "olkisapattasataalla"