FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Guide to set up a free .be domain name.

waiteck
Aww.. time for me to explain this whole thing since I am not able to provide these services anymore Sad

First of all, go to this web (http://www.eurodns.com)
Make an account and login.
Click DNS profiles in the side menu.
Now, click Add New DNS Profile.
Enter the nameservers that you wanted the domain you would like to point to and save it.
Now, its time to get a domain. Under Search for a Domain Name, type your wanted domain name.
Get a .be domain which is currently free by clicking add to cart.
Now, view your cart and check out. You will now be able to confirm some information about the domain name, including the nameservers you want the domain to point to.
Done.. Its takes roughly 10 mins for the domain to be processed.
Now log into your Cpanel and park your domain name after the domain have been processed.

AND YOUR DONE.
mustaq
now (http://www.eurodns.com) dosn;t provide free domain there have stop you can find it in your cart but in the price menu it write free set fee and annual fees but u can find it cart that you have to pay
waiteck
mustaq wrote:
now (http://www.eurodns.com) dosn;t provide free domain there have stop you can find it in your cart but in the price menu it write free set fee and annual fees but u can find it cart that you have to pay

Its still free.. I have been creating domain names whatever I like since just now. It will be free till 31 January 2006..

You could have already 10 domains in your account thats why they charged you $4 for more.
mustaq
hmm your right i am little bit confused when i say firt time with the cart i have done it thank you
engeland
so does that mean, after the one year, you have to start paying?
But what i choose not to further with payment, does that mean i lose the domain? what will happen to my site?

sorry, im kinda new in this domain stuff. Confused
waiteck
After a year, the domain will expire. So, you will have to repurchase the domain name or renew it which you need to pay.

Nothing will affect your site. Just that you cannot access your site though that domain name.
Sunny
Quote:
hmm your right i am little bit confused when i say firt time with the cart i have done it thank you

There was a glitch and it was calculating the price as 4 Euro when you update the cart but seems like they have corrected it.

I wonder what this topic is doing here , Either it should be sticky (Hoping those who need help on same lines will read it) or it should be in tutorial/General section.
engeland
so does that mean, i can re-add to cart the domain which has expired? or do i have to get a different name for the domain when i do so Confused
Bondings
engeland wrote:
so does that mean, i can re-add to cart the domain which has expired? or do i have to get a different name for the domain when i do so Confused

After the first year, you will have to pay in order to keep the domain. It's only free for 1 year if you register it now. It cost you ~10-30$ depending on where you registered it.
engeland
yes i know, but what if, i re-register...

ok say my existing domain is example.be. After a year, when it expires, i choose not to renew the domain, coz i will then have to pay. Instead, i choose to re-register (maybe a new account or so) and get a domain exactly like the expired one, or a different one...

I'm not sure if this is illegal...but im thinking yes Confused
Bondings
engeland wrote:
yes i know, but what if, i re-register...

ok say my existing domain is example.be. After a year, when it expires, i choose not to renew the domain, coz i will then have to pay. Instead, i choose to re-register (maybe a new account or so) and get a domain exactly like the expired one, or a different one...

I'm not sure if this is illegal...but im thinking yes Confused

The promotion is only available till next january. There is no other option then to pay for it.
shaggly
Hmm, been trying all night tonight, but it's saying there's a 4 Euro fee again Sad

Any ideas anyone ?
waiteck
You have already 10 domains in your account?
If so, you can get anymore free ones, except by making a new account.
xorcist
So in January no matter what on like January 19 I think you have to pay for it? So you dont not have the domain after January 19 if you dont pay for it?
Bondings
xorcist wrote:
So in January no matter what on like January 19 I think you have to pay for it? So you dont not have the domain after January 19 if you dont pay for it?

No, you can get a domain for free for one year till january 19. You will need to pay after one year.

If you register one today, you will need to pay on 14/11/2006 to renew it.
ignition
For our frihost account, do we point the name servers to ns1.frihost.com and ns2.frihost.com?

edit - saw the faq, sorry...it's ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net
Bondings
I'll close this topic now, this forum is really meant for support. Wink
-locked-