FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Elephants do not fly





chasbeen
If some animals were meant to fly, God would have given them wings.

What animals should have been given wings?
deanhills
Humans could definitely do with wings. Then they wouldn't pollute the earth so much with burning tons of gasoline in order to fly from one place to the other.
Peterssidan
I think all animals should be given wings becasue otherwise they will suffer from the increasing habitat fragmentation.
playfungames
Well I think tortoises deserve wings. They are like so slow. If they had wings, may be they can reach places faster. They could also escape their predators much easily. It also would be really cool to see a flying tortoise.
Peterssidan
deanhills wrote:
Humans could definitely do with wings. Then they wouldn't pollute the earth so much with burning tons of gasoline in order to fly from one place to the other.

Just you wait. Before you know it people will fly around in man-made flying devices that runs on gasoline.
deanhills
Peterssidan wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Humans could definitely do with wings. Then they wouldn't pollute the earth so much with burning tons of gasoline in order to fly from one place to the other.

Just you wait. Before you know it people will fly around in man-made flying devices that runs on gasoline.
Aha ... I think I saw that in the movies once. I prefer the Star Wars type being able to beam from one place to the other however. Now that would be completely perfect for me.

I'd also like to be able to swim under water without having to wear oxygen tanks. Or do anything special.

Plenty of imperfections in our design. Razz
catscratches
deanhills wrote:
I prefer the Star Wars type being able to beam from one place to the other however.
deanhills
catscratches wrote:
deanhills wrote:
I prefer the Star Wars type being able to beam from one place to the other however.
A good one. And epic too. Laughing
Blaster
Human are not responsible enough to have wings.
truespeed
Why hasn't evolution given any animals wheels?
Blaster
that could be interesting...
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
Why hasn't evolution given any animals wheels?
Or eyes on the back of our heads. Or the ability to massage our own backs. Great flaws our design for sure. Not to mention dying as well. Razz
catscratches
I contend the OP's assertion.
deanhills
catscratches wrote:
I contend the OP's assertion.
Darn cute. This one definitely deserves to fly. Very Happy
Peterssidan
playfungames wrote:
Well I think tortoises deserve wings. They are like so slow. If they had wings, may be they can reach places faster. They could also escape their predators much easily. It also would be really cool to see a flying tortoise.

All I can think of when I read this is Mario.
standready
[quote="deanhills"I prefer the Star Wars type being able to beam from one place to the other however. [/quote]
I think you meant Star Trek but I understood what you were saying. Now, that is frightening!
Anyway, God choose the features of each creature so unless you evolve or create adaptions, make the best of what you have.
Vanilla
Snakes should definitely have wings. They would be even more epic and scary as flying animals. Here in Brazil we even have a proverb that goes like "God doesn't give wings to snakes", which means something like "bad people don't need many advantages because they're bad". On the other hand, cockroaches shouldn't have wings. Those things are already hideous without the ability to fly.

Peterssidan wrote:
playfungames wrote:
Well I think tortoises deserve wings. They are like so slow. If they had wings, may be they can reach places faster. They could also escape their predators much easily. It also would be really cool to see a flying tortoise.

All I can think of when I read this is Mario.


Precisely. Wings on turtles would only make me want to stomp them.
sysna
Thanks god that elephants can't fly, just imagine you are walking in street and suddenly an elephant falls on you Very Happy

Actually you can make hundreds of these type questions, like "why trees don't move ? or why they can't walk ?" , there is always reasons behind them that only god knows.

Having wings is not that useful, teleport is just a lot better, i want to go around the world with a blink of eye. Laughing
grofet
Chicken should have a real wings that can make it fly in the air for a long period of time. Chicken have two wings but they can not fly in the air like birds do. I think it would be so interesting to see chicken can fly high in the air. Human will get trouble when they need chicken as a food since it will fly in the air if someone try to catch them. It would be so funny to see chicken live in the birds cage to prevent them to fly to the sky. It is would be very interesting if chicken can swim in the water like fish.

If chicken can fly so there would be angry chicken character in the angry birds game.
deanhills
Haha .... I like that about the chickens Grofet. Just imagine if chickens could fly, humans would have to clip their wings all of the time. They'll probably even doctor their genes so they could have chickens that don't fly. Razz
Peterssidan
The chicken is a good example of what would happen if elephants, humans and most other animals that can't fly got wings. Nothing would happen because they are too heavy to fly.
deanhills
I wouldn't say chickens are too heavy to fly. Maybe just not aerodynamically designed to fly. The albatross can fly, yet is heavier than your average sized chicken.
Peterssidan
Too heavy compared to the size of the wings then. Can't imagine how large the wings would have to be to make an elephant fly. Shocked

Saying that Chicken can't fly is not entirely true. They can fly a little, up a tree or over a fence, but they can't fly very high or for very long.
Marcuzzo
I've seen a flying elephant on tv back when I was a child Very Happy my dad bought me the Video Cassette (yet that long ago) of Dumbo.
as nice as the disney movie can be, there's a lot to consider...
have you ever been in a city where there are a lot of pigeons or seaguls? they can be quite annoying.
landing on your table to steal your food, crapping on your shoulders, etc...
imagine that you are sitting on a terrace having a drink and an elephant flies over, a truckload of dung can be quite the party pooper. Very Happy
deanhills
Marcuzzo wrote:

imagine that you are sitting on a terrace having a drink and an elephant flies over, a truckload of dung can be quite the party pooper. Very Happy
Haha .... I remember once in Vancouver when we were on the way to July Fireworks and a sea gull dropped a special gift from out of the sky that plonked down just about, just missing me. And yes, if that should have been elephant, and a few of them, could be interesting! Razz
Marcuzzo
deanhills wrote:
Marcuzzo wrote:

imagine that you are sitting on a terrace having a drink and an elephant flies over, a truckload of dung can be quite the party pooper. Very Happy
Haha .... I remember once in Vancouver when we were on the way to July Fireworks and a sea gull dropped a special gift from out of the sky that plonked down just about, just missing me. And yes, if that should have been elephant, and a few of them, could be interesting! Razz


They say it's a bringer of good luck it you get 'tagged'... but it's still sh*t Very Happy

And the elephant doesn't even need to be accurate when dropping his bomb
jamesparker
thats cool interesting but i think human should have wings althoug we are not animals Smile
deanhills
Marcuzzo wrote:


And the elephant doesn't even need to be accurate when dropping his bomb
Agreed. And it smells much more pungent as well. Razz
Marcuzzo
deanhills wrote:
Marcuzzo wrote:


And the elephant doesn't even need to be accurate when dropping his bomb
Agreed. And it smells much more pungent as well. Razz


In Belgium we've go a TV show named "Wat als?". it literally means "What if?".
what they do is make sketches of "what if..." situations.

in this video the concept is: "What if pigeons were bigger?"


the 'drop' is at 0:33

PS: this is in Dutch but the video is still funny

here's another one: "What if ducks were dangerous?"
Blaster
I must admit I got a bit of a laugh out of that
deanhills
Marcuzzo wrote:


PS: this is in Dutch but the video is still funny
Both were hilarious. The acting in the bottom video was excellent.
alexakasanjeev
chasbeen wrote:
If some animals were meant to fly, God would have given them wings.

What animals should have been given wings?


i think give wings to tiger and lion will be most dangereous
Related topics
A house that fly!!!
What job do u have for now?what job do u want for wish?
Rat-brains can fly planes
Turtles Can Fly
problem creating on-the-fly jpeg thumbnails
Elephants Escape Van, Graze by Highway
Which is the most intelligent animal?
Fly For Fun
10frih$ for a crazy fact! (easy money)
fly fishing
Fly Fishing Art Work
More Fly Fishing Art
Fly in Vice
Does time fly?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.