FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FriHost NO Free Web Hosting for New Comers ?

cabenqc
I think many people here got free web hosting.
But, no more for new accounts.
If so, please consider to take away the front page contents.
That's misleading.

So, Frihost is a closed place for old members only.
That's why it is not so active like years before.
No new comers to support Frihost.
To me, I feel Frihost is an orphan.
What do you think?
Blaster
Frihost has been around quite some time and had great staff. However with its leadership drifting away hosting isn't like it used to be for new members. Here and there an account creator will come in and make a few accounts but its hard for them to sort out all the issues and it can become overwhelming.
cabenqc
Overwhelming is a such a beautiful word I believe.
I think that is no management, no control, no passion.
Please consider to take away the front page contents.
FriHost is better for closed members only, It's not for public.
Such can save up resources and serve old members better I think.
But, what is the drive. I cannot understand.
Nobody here respect the true philosophy of FriHost - Free Web Hosting.
Again,
please consider to take away Free Web Hosting, Free Domains.
I think FriHost management also got NO TIME to update front page.
FriHost is an poor orphan I feel.
deanhills
@cabenqc. I'm sure the owner regrets the limited service very much as we know him as VERY generous. He just doesn't have the time to do all the things that need to be done. He obviously feels too much for Frihost and the staff and membership who have been hosted and have posted here for a number of years to want to close Frihost down (for now any way), which is what most owners would have done in similar circumstances. So the result is that with the VERY little time he has available his focus seems to be more on the existing members who already have hosting space at Frihost and to make sure the servers are up and running so there is as little possible downtime for their Websites.

If you are very anxious to get Web hosting, maybe you will be better served elsewhere? Or if you like Frihost Forum, then why not make some quality posts so that when an account creator makes his appearance your application will be more favourably regarded. Which could be any time or maybe a long time from now. You already know what the limitations are. My suggestion is to move positively with the limitations and make the best of things as all of us are doing. Or move to another hosting service where your needs may be better served.
cabenqc
Thanks - deanhills.

I can understand your points.
But I cannot understand why admin don't take away "Free Web Hosting",
since I guess it is no more for new comers.
I think it's much easier than shutdown or make big changes of servers/services.

I come here for "Free Web Hosting" for sure. And, I did post quite often to contribute.
Frankly speaking, empathy of FriHost members is what I'm looking for.
BTW, Thanks again for kind advice.
Ankhanu
Hosting IS still offered, but, as Dean mentioned, the admins aren't around very often at the moment.
If you're in a hurry for hosting, paid hosting may be a better option.

I'll also mention that the content of one's forum contributions play a role in whether or not a request is granted. You've made your displeasure very clear, perhaps it's time to focus on contributing in more positive ways? Your point on this topic is made and noted.
jajarvin
cabenqc wrote:

I have visited this site for a quit long time.
I think anyone who is interesting in taking part this site's activities is welcome.
I myself like this site and I will in future continue to post messages to Frihost.org.
coolclay
I agree with you Cabenqc, or at least include a message stating that new accounts may be delayed, or something of the sort. It is definitely misleading and can earn Frihost a bad reputation IMHO.
johans
Well, if there is no proper maintenance i guess the services is stop for a while now. since creating accounts should be done in manual or human interventions.

lets just wait for bonding to issue a notice or wait while he post.
deanhills
onlinerevu wrote:
is there any one tell me in short is frihost gives free hosting answer with yes or no Sad
Answer is yes. That is however at the discretion of the staff and owner of Frihost and subject to availability of its account creators. As far as I know there is only one account creator who has been around on a semi regular basis and may have been absent for a while.

Although Frihost is a very friendly place and the owner an above average generous person, it is probably important to note that there is no obligation to provide hosting space once someone has made five posts. Particularly if there are circumstances like we are having presently. If you read the TOS Frihost could discontinue its service at any time without needing to provide a reason for doing so.

The best thing you could do if you can afford time to be patient is to make some quality posts periodically to increase your chances for free hosting once an account creator is around again. If you are in a hurry and can't wait, it would probably be better to look for hosting space elsewhere.
zimmer
sad to hear that there is no more free hosting for new members. Lucky for the old members.

Yes, we hope that our hosting space will be increase for the old members specially those who are waiting for domain name request long very long time.

Very Happy
gondracorn
I signed up today because like I needed this badly. But sad to say, no ones here. I'm sorry about what I said earlier. But hey, it seems to be poping up more and more. I wish I came earlier. I'm always late for the party.
deanhills
gondracorn wrote:
I signed up today because like I needed this badly. But sad to say, no ones here. I'm sorry about what I said earlier. But hey, it seems to be poping up more and more. I wish I came earlier. I'm always late for the party.
Not necessarily. There was an account manager around earlier in the week and he posted as well. So he must have his eyes on creating accounts. I'd just be patient. If and when you get Website space it is worth it. The account manager likes good quality posts, so just keep on posting and pretend everything is good, and that will have a positive effect as well in your favour.
wimiu
Still keep hope for the quality space.
Happy at joining this big family and expect I can learn a lot here.
Cool
Pippo90
I also had to wait for a while. But it was definitely worth it for the best free web hosting in the Internet! <3
deanhills
Pippo90 wrote:
I also had to wait for a while. But it was definitely worth it for the best free web hosting in the Internet! <3
Nice to read this post. I love my hosting too. Cool
Blaster
gondracorn wrote:

Well in this case you are about 4 years too late for the party.
sudipbanerjee
I think frihost was become popular for its free web hosting facility. I also joined here for their reason. After that I start to love frihost and its members. To maintain a big server for free web hosting is a practical problem. But to stop this feature for new members will stop the growth of the forum.
Marcuzzo
sudipbanerjee wrote:
I think frihost was become popular for its free web hosting facility. I also joined here for their reason. After that I start to love frihost and its members. To maintain a big server for free web hosting is a practical problem. But to stop this feature for new members will stop the growth of the forum.

I totally agree, with this. It's sad but true. ( fk yeah 'tallica Very Happy )
I hope this is just a phase and that new admin's will be assigned.
nanuvem
I really joined too late... but I am still hopeful. Mr. Green
deanhills
nanuvem wrote:
When did you apply?
sysna
nanuvem wrote:

Don't loose your hope. Actually we were having problems with mysql on server 4 but after a downtime of some hours i can see that the problem is gone (i have checked it constantly for 5 days and there is no sign of that error) so the owner is around and is taking care of the servers so maybe someday you get your account too.
sudipbanerjee
Admin may think for minimum charges for web hosting through Frihost. They may start a poll regarding this among all memebers (both old and new comers)
Sylin
This post might not be a good news for new comers. I myself signed up for a hosting space just a week after I joined (see date on the left <<<)... , and my hosting request is still sitting there (can't edit nor delete my own request either).
I am sure there are more who joined since around the 2nd half of last year, but already left.
I just happen to be popping back in from time to time and have considered refraining from posting on this matter for a while since I know it will have some negative impact.
I'm not trying to be discouraging, but people who already left without a space can't be here to tell us they didn't get one.
RosenCruz
Sylin wrote:
This post might not be a good news for new comers. I myself signed up for a hosting space just a week after I joined (see date on the left <<<)... , and my hosting request is still sitting there (can't edit nor delete my own request either).
I am sure there are more who joined since around the 2nd half of last year, but already left.
I just happen to be popping back in from time to time and have considered refraining from posting on this matter for a while since I know it will have some negative impact.
I'm not trying to be discouraging, but people who already left without a space can't be here to tell us they didn't get one.

Wow.. Sounds like new account creation is dead slow or really dead for a long time Crying or Very sad
deanhills
GREAT to see you posting again RosenCruz. Nice to see you back! Cool
Baznik
Sylin wrote:

Wow! I was going to post a question about what the expected wait time is and saw this ^

Can anyone verify the wait time actually is 6 or more months? really? Sad

Disappointing? nah... positively defeating is more like it. That's not so much a game changer, as the absence of a game at all.
Ankhanu
Unfortunately, yeah, admin support has been lacking for a while. Hoping they'll get more time soon, but, who knows...
RosenCruz
deanhills wrote:
GREAT to see you posting again RosenCruz. Nice to see you back! Cool

Thanks. I will be posting from time to time, and will struggle to keep FriH alive Wink
johans
i guess for new registered user they don't get right away the hosting benefits.

For now, bonding is busy so just wait and be patience. If you need it very urgently then i suggest pay it for hosting.

I am really fortunate that i get my free hosting.

I am sorry for the new comers but don't lost hope guys. Keep posting!
Very Happy
RosenCruz
Giving account creation and access rights of a server to someone requires a lot of trust. I guess new comers will have to wait until Bondings have some free time to take care of stuff
coolclay
I second Johans comments keep posting and when account creation starts back up you'll get your hosting instantly. Not to mention there are lots of cool people here with lots of knowledge!
alexakasanjeev
cabenqc wrote:
I think many people here got free web hosting.
But, no more for new accounts.
If so, please consider to take away the front page contents.
That's misleading.

That's why it is not so active like years before.
No new comers to support Frihost.
To me, I feel Frihost is an orphan.
What do you think?

what i can't host my website then what i am doing here please someone make me clear what this man is trying to say
deanhills
alexakasanjeev wrote:
what i can't host my website then what i am doing here please someone make me clear what this man is trying to say
There is a great chance you may not be immediately served with hosting. Depending on whether an account creator is available. I wouldn't pay attention to what this person is saying, or if you want to do so, read this thread properly for answers by the staff as well.

Ankhanu wrote:
Hosting IS still offered, but, as Dean mentioned, the admins aren't around very often at the moment.
If you're in a hurry for hosting, paid hosting may be a better option.

I'll also mention that the content of one's forum contributions play a role in whether or not a request is granted. You've made your displeasure very clear, perhaps it's time to focus on contributing in more positive ways? Your point on this topic is made and noted.
rayjinx
i am excited to see how good this free web hosting really. is.. ive tried quite a bit... so we will see