FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free Web Hosting No More?

cabenqc
If free web hosting is no more,
I think Frihost front page talking about is immoral.
In some places/countries, it's illegal as well.
Please consider to take away such Free Web Hosting/Free Domain.
IMHO.
If I'm wrong, please kindly correct me.
Peterssidan
I agree that the domain offer should be removed.

The free hosting is still being provided for the lucky ones that already have an hosting account. The problem is that no one seems to be around to accept new hosting requests, or so they say.
codegeek
I have a couple of domain requests lined up for quite a few months now. I don't know if I'll ever get them. The hosting is still going strong, though, in spite of the fact that I haven't been posting in the forums a lot lately. Anyways, your best bet is probably to wait until an admin comes around and accepts your request. Meanwhile, maybe you could buy some cheap hosting somewhere and put your sites there.
playfungames
Wow, it is sad to see that frihost has come to this. I am sad to learn that new requests are not being handled. Free domain requests are also not processed according to user codegeek.

Well, this is one of the longest surviving free hosting service that I have seen. This website was there since the early days when post2host was a thing. Eventually, every one of those services saw their doom and I know only this one remains standing.

I hope the administrators will pass on their duty to new and active members who are really contributing to the community and who have time. I hope Frihost still generates a good amount of money to support their free services.
evilryu530
haven't been on for awhile. i love frihost. it's the absolute best. i'm one of the lucky ones
sysna
There is not any duration mentioned in the first page for your request to be reviewed. By the way as the admin is still providing free host to old members and actually it is a lot better than my old paid one ! so if I was you i would simple check here time to time, maybe someday you get one too.
rx9876
playfungames wrote:

I hope the administrators will pass on their duty to new and active members who are really contributing to the community and who have time. I hope Frihost still generates a good amount of money to support their free services.

Frihost is the best free webhosting ever.
I feel sorry for the new comers who can't enjoy the free webhosting service.

However, the management of the webhosting accounts is a critical job.
I believe there is not easy to find a member to deal with it.
The person might cause a lot problems if he/she doesn't have enough knowledge.