FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 2 problems?

deanhills
Server 2 must have been down for almost a day. I've been unable to access Frihost for that time. Any one else had the same problem?

Pages seem to be downloading much slower as well than before it went down on me.
truespeed
Yeah it has been down for about 24 hours,and like you say,still slow at the moment.
k_s_baskar
Yes I can't able to access the server for the past 24 hours. But now it seems ok. (backing up my data after long time)
Smile
Peterssidan
I didn't visit Frihost on the whole day yesterday but there seems to be major problems still.
deanhills
I think Bondings must have done something as it is much better now. Pages load much faster now. Thanks Bondings!
Blaster
I noticed it was down most of the day. Kinda sucked it was my day off and I had nothing to do. Oh well the truck got cleaned.
deanhills
It went down today as well. This is a print screen of earlier on. It's all in the green now thank goodness but it did look quite interesting earlier on.

Thanks for fixing it Bondings!

Blaster
Its currently running a bit laggish right now. Http seems to be offline and parts of sever 3 are offline (FTP SMTP POP3
Peterssidan
Wow! Surprised
I have not been able to access Frihost for almost a week. Neutral
I'm glad it's back. Very Happy
I hope it never happens again. Confused
k_s_baskar
Bondings said this is an server unannounced move to a different datacenter in twitter on 31st March 2014.
Nyasro
Yeah i got the same problem.
I couldn't access frihost for 3days.
deanhills
I think we're OK now. Thanks to Bondings. We're connected up at the new DataCentre and probably in a much better situation now.

Is it just my imagination, but pages are downloading much smoother than before? Maybe I'm just very happy we're connected up. I told myself once Frihost is up again I'll be posting in every thread ... (haha .... just joking). I'm planning on getting to at least 100 points today however.

It is lovely to have Frihost Forum up back again.

Very Happy
sysna
Finally after 3 days ! in that time server 4 mysql error was around too Sad , hope not to see frihost down again
sudipbanerjee
Yes I am able to access it today but yesterday frihost was unavailable. Same things was happened few day earlier. Why it is happening?
deanhills
sudipbanerjee wrote:
Yes I am able to access it today but yesterday frihost was unavailable. Same things was happened few day earlier. Why it is happening?
Frihost Forum is on Server 2, and Server 2 was located in Scranton, Philadelphia. The owners without sufficient clear notice to its customers, including to Frihost, moved all of the servers to North Carolina. The move was a little chaotic because there was a change of ownership in process as well, which caused delays and plenty of panic. But thankfully things got sorted out for Frihost in the end.
loveandormoney
One week I could not reach
frihost.

Today it is fine.

Is there an emailcontact
when page is off?
deanhills
loveandormoney wrote:
frihost.

Today it is fine.

Is there an emailcontact
when page is off?
There is a Twitter contact for downtime information in Bondings' signature block:
https://twitter.com/frihost

Bondings doesn't use Twitter that often, but he did this time round when we were down for so long.
Gregoric
deanhills wrote:
loveandormoney wrote:
frihost.

Today it is fine.

Is there an emailcontact
when page is off?
There is a Twitter contact for downtime information in Bondings' signature block:
https://twitter.com/frihost

Bondings doesn't use Twitter that often, but he did this time round when we were down for so long.

That's good to know, gotta bookmark this Twitter channel (as I do not use it on everyday basis Smile).
loveandormoney
Thank You
so if off
best way for contact is twitter
and there id frihost
?

regards
dude_xyx
For some reason I couldn't login to Frihost for a nearly week. This is first time I could login since last Friday. It was showing forum down and also my hosting sites were down too. I thought Frihost had it after surviving all these years.
deanhills
dude_xyx wrote:
For some reason I couldn't login to Frihost for a nearly week. This is first time I could login since last Friday. It was showing forum down and also my hosting sites were down too. I thought Frihost had it after surviving all these years.
I guess your sites must then be on Servers 2 or 3? As mine is on Server 1 and it was doing very well. Server 4 was up as well. The Frihost Forum is on Server 2.