FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost, I'm soooo disappointed at you.

likeabreeze
To be honest, Frihost's free domain policy is a great sell point for me.
But you guys simply don't have free domains!
I requested a domain last year, but no response yet.
I'm soooo disappointed.
jajarvin
I got my site after earning some coins. I do not remember how many coins I had to earn.
So the name of game is: earn coins and you will sooner or later get your own site from Frihost.org.
Blaster
Bondings hasn't been here. My guess is he has a lot going on and this website is on the back burner. Can't say that I blame him.
zacky
yeah I agree with Blaster.

There are so many things that Bondings that should take care of but since he's not yet around, just feel the enjoyment to post and interact here.
Peterssidan
Frihost have never really proved to me that its free domain service is anywhere near as good as its free hosting service. I think it's much harder running a good free domain service because the time is more important. If the handling of renewal requests are too slow you are at risk of loosing the domain (and all the links leading to it). Changing host isn't a big deal and the visitors might not notice but changing domain is a big downturn. I recommend that you pay for the domain yourself if you can afford. It's much safer.
deanhills
For me it has to do with integrity of one's word. And not delivering on it. There is a whole bloc of text on the Home Page that "sells" a Free Domain service that doesn't exist. Members who have been around for a number of years at Frihost could probably be more forgiving than a brand new member who has just posted his heart out in order to get a free domain, just to find that he has been "cheated". There are no free domains to be had.
LxGoodies
jajarvin wrote:
I got my site after earning some coins. I do not remember how many coins I had to earn.
So the name of game is: earn coins and you will sooner or later get your own site from Frihost.org.

Not quite. What was the index of your request ? Mine sais

Free domain request 43 (Status: waiting)
Request a free domain name in exchange for coins.

This stands for 14 months or so. I guess the service just stopped at some point. It would have been nice if Bondings would have announced that somewhere, but he did'nt.

Personally I don't worry about it. The forum is ok, I regard Frihost primarily as a forum.. and sometimes I use my Frihost webspace to store pictures I want to show elsewhere with an [ img] tag. I don't need a domain for that.
deanhills
LxGoodies wrote:
jajarvin wrote:

Not quite. What was the index of your request ? Mine sais

Free domain request 43 (Status: waiting)
Request a free domain name in exchange for coins.

This stands for 14 months or so. I guess the service just stopped at some point. It would have been nice if Bondings would have announced that somewhere, but he did'nt.

Personally I don't worry about it. The forum is ok, I regard Frihost primarily as a forum.. and sometimes I use my Frihost webspace to store pictures I want to show elsewhere with an [ img] tag. I don't need a domain for that.
What happened in real life was that GoDaddy stopped the coupons and they are no longer available since first half of 2012. Then Bondings must have procrastinated on a solution and then nothing happened. Here's what he said in my Domain Request when he filled it in April 2012:
Quote:
Then GoDaddy removed the gift cards option on their website and I only now managed to get some coupons (probably the last ones I'll be able to get, I'm trying to create a new way for the free domains by becoming a domain name reseller).
LxGoodies
Installing a DNS service is not a trivial thing. Maybe he did not succeed. Frihost could be a hobby project, we don't know.

By the way @Dean I always wondered where you got your 31K FRIH$ from and what it means Laughing
deanhills
LxGoodies wrote:

By the way @Dean I always wondered where you got your 31K FRIH$ from and what it means Laughing
Years and years of SPAMMING Frihost .... hehe .... Laughing
standready
deanhills wrote:
LxGoodies wrote:

Funny Dean. At least your spam had quality!
Those FRIH$ go back to old days before Coins. We could buy 'things' here with them.
zimmer
likeabreeze wrote:
To be honest, Frihost's free domain policy is a great sell point for me.
But you guys simply don't have free domains!
I requested a domain last year, but no response yet.
I'm soooo disappointed.

I have also request one domain for me. I guess we should be more patient. I have seen request more than a year but they are so patient waiting.

Based on my experience if bonding cannot gave domain name he will increase the bandwidth and disk space for us.

I preferred domain but if he will gave me more space and disk that would be nice also.
johans
Just be patient dude.

Yes, I prefer more bandwidth and space.
Peterssidan
johans wrote:
Just be patient dude.

So how long do you think he should wait? one year? Two years? Forever? No, seriously! likeabreeze has waited long enough, and have every right being disappointed.
truespeed
Bondings should just remove the free domain offer,it is false advertising to offer something you can't provide.

Possibly,maybe even remove the free hosting offer as well,until a time when the hosting requests are being accepted again.
Blaster
I'm sure he could but if he came back to do that I'm sure he would just create a few accounts. It would be almost easier.
Peterssidan
truespeed wrote:
Bondings should just remove the free domain offer,it is false advertising to offer something you can't provide.

I agree. Maybe we regular members should try to make it clear to the new members that the free domain offer should be ignored. We could do it when threads are created in the introduction section and also in our signatures.

truespeed wrote:
Possibly,maybe even remove the free hosting offer as well,until a time when the hosting requests are being accepted again.

This is not at all clear to me. Do people still get hosting requests accepted or not? Who is the last person that we know of getting a hosting account?
sonam
Peterssidan wrote:
johans wrote:
Just be patient dude.

So how long do you think he should wait? one year? Two years? Forever? No, seriously! likeabreeze has waited long enough, and have every right being disappointed.

I am agree with Peterssidan and I think it will be good for frihost reputation to remove free domain offer (and free hosting offer maybe) if there are no one to handle with new member needs.

Sonam
cabenqc
Are you sure
NO Free Web Hosting any more?
deanhills
standready wrote:
deanhills wrote:
LxGoodies wrote:

Funny Dean. At least your spam had quality!
Those FRIH$ go back to old days before Coins. We could buy 'things' here with them.
Thanks Stand. Missed this post. You're right. I remember when people used to post requests for logos or banners for their Websites in the Marketing Sub-Forum and paid Frih dollars for it. I actually made a few hundred with those. And it was GREAT fun to do. Was amazing, the moment coins were started, for some or other strange reason, all of those requests in the Marketing Sub-Forum died. Could be coincidence too, activity in the Forums started to go down after the coins period started and not because of the coins. Maybe fewer people needed services like logos when traffic started to slow down.

Oh yes, going down memory lane, just remembered someone who paid me Frih$ to advertise his business in my signature. He advertised it in the Marketing Sub-Forum. That was how I got to make posts on a daily basis, as part of the agreement was I had to post every day. I was traveling in the UK for part of that month, and there had been a record snow fall every where, including Guernsey I visited. Think it was 2009 in February. I had to wade through snow to find my way to downtown and there was one of those strange 24 hours computer places that was coin operated - quite novel and interesting.
truespeed
Peterssidan wrote:

This is not at all clear to me. Do people still get hosting requests accepted or not? Who is the last person that we know of getting a hosting account?

I don't know for sure,but I have seen threads where people are asking what is happening and quoting waits of months,possibly Bondings or one of the account creators pops on every now and then and activates some accounts,I don't know,if this happens or how often it happens,but the impression I get it happens too infrequently if it happens at all anymore.
cabenqc
When I join I'm looking for Free Web Hosting firstly.
Then, to participate in the forum, I don't mind. Actually quite happy to do that.
But, what I got is disappointment.
Because I got no Free Web Hosting up to now.
Please don't tell me I'm new and need to wait.
That's not the right attitude to run FriHost.
Many people wait longer than me and got no free web hosting.
They left without a word.
But, I would like to release my true feeling to you all.
* * * Very Disappointed * * *
truespeed
cabenqc wrote:
When I join I'm looking for Free Web Hosting firstly.
Then, to participate in the forum, I don't mind. Actually quite happy to do that.
But, what I got is disappointment.
Because I got no Free Web Hosting up to now.
Please don't tell me I'm new and need to wait.
That's not the right attitude to run FriHost.
Many people wait longer than me and got no free web hosting.
They left without a word.
But, I would like to release my true feeling to you all.
* * * Very Disappointed * * *

I think you need to wait for a moderator to respond cabenqc,we as users don't really know what is going on behind the scenes,so we can only speculate,perhaps pm one of the active mods?
cabenqc
Thanks truespeed.
Members here are very kind.
The problem is FriHost management.
FriHost Admin/CEO is not doing his/her work.