FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's your favorite music streaming service?

Deline
So, I looked in the forums and haven't found anything about streaming services. Here in Brazil, my favorite ones are Deezer and 8tracks. I use 8tracks mostly to find new playlists for soundtracks.

Spotify hasn't been launched in the country and the options for musics, bands and singers in all services are still so limited. :/

And you, what streaming service do you use or recommend?
Peterssidan
Spotify is pretty popular here but I don't use it myself. Not sure if YouTube counts as a streaming service but I sometimes use it to listen to music, but the quality is not always great and it doesn't have everything.
chartcentral
None yet. But I just signed up for Spotify. We'll see if it becomes my favorite in the weeks to come. Smile
Blummer
I now live in a country, where Spotify is not available, used to listen to it for 2 years. Shame, it should be available for everyone or at least there must be a service accessible anywhere across the world.
Blaster
Pandora with out a doubt is my favorite. Its on my computer my tv my phone I can play it in my car.

2nd to that list is iHeartRadio. I can listen to any radio station with it. Pick a genre and boom 10+ stations that play that music.
Vanilla
I'm fairly lazy when it concerns discovering new music, so I tend to use youtube and 4shared. I have some streaming apps that came with my new TV but I used them only once (one is called Deezer and the others I just can't remember).
Josso
Peterssidan wrote:
Spotify is pretty popular here but I don't use it myself. Not sure if YouTube counts as a streaming service but I sometimes use it to listen to music, but the quality is not always great and it doesn't have everything.

FYI youtube audio I'm pretty sure goes up to 192kbps (at least it used to, pretty easy to look up anyway). Now... offliberty doesn't do that even with the 720p videos, anyone know an alternative?

Oh also Pandora is my favourite despite not officially having access to it in the UK since 07 or so Crying or Very sad
Peterssidan
Josso wrote:
Peterssidan wrote:

FYI youtube audio I'm pretty sure goes up to 192kbps (at least it used to, pretty easy to look up anyway). Now... offliberty doesn't do that even with the 720p videos, anyone know an alternative?

So you say it's quite good? Well it's usually good enough. I think the bad quality is mostly because of old recordings and/or the uploader did something wrong, and that's not really YouTube's fault.
Josso
Yeah some people especially in older videos screwed up, and it's not actually 128kbps or 192kbps even if it's encoded in it, but what I'm saying is you can rip 128kbps using offliberty which is pretty decent but I don't see higher options for that service.
sysna
Spotify is the only one I have ever used, its quite popular and because of that I have never searched for any replacement/alternative. the other one that I have heard of is Pandora but never used it and so i don't know how well it is.
spinout
surely the swedish spotify is quite good, but better on computers because on cells (freeversion) you can only skip 6 tunes an hour...
Der_Scorp
I use Spotify for a couple of years now and I'm pretty happy with it.

From time to time I buy Premium to get rid of ads.
Nyasro
I dont have any thinking for something new