FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Struggling to make a logo

BrightSparx
Hi guys, im struggling to make a logo for my website as the only program I have is paint, does anyone have any recommendations of a free program that I could use? Its only going to be a simple logo so I dont need anything too complicated, just something better than paint!

Many thanks
Peterssidan
You could try GIMP, or if you want to do vector graphics you could try Inkscape. They are both free and should be better suited for making logos than MS Paint.
dubiousa
as logos should be created as vector graphics, i would also reccomend Inkscape!
(or illustrator)

then, you will surely need to use some fonts, here i always use http://www.dafont.com/ and https://www.google.com/fonts, which are also super easy to implement into a homepage!

remember - never use more than 2 fonts on a page Smile
zuraguerra
For something super simple, you can even use pixlr.com.
amagard
I'd recommend gimp too, but for un-experienced user it is a bit overloaded and complex. Nevertheless it masters the art of making backgrounds transparent by using the magic wand/fuzzy select tool and then applying transparency to the background layer. Transparent images are nice for logos.

Just these days I bumped into this great web site to make logos: Method Draw - which generates vector graphics.
Give it a try and let us know how it went !
Nyasro
There area obviously lots of free logo maker if you search a bit. But most of them are bound with various license rules.
johans
try GIMP - but i might say its not that easy as well. You need more time before you got satisfied.
thomaswalker
You can make logo in logo maker software. just download the logo maker a install after that you can easily create the logo. There is multiple option like supports , professional, festival logo you can select the logo type and make it as you want .
jajarvin
BrightSparx wrote:
Hi guys, im struggling to make a logo for my website as the only program I have is paint, does anyone have any recommendations of a free program that I could use?

I have used Cooltext to make my own logos.
It works fine I have had no problems.

Here is my site's logo: