FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How create a subdomain. Manage DNS?

DesquisiadoMoral
Hi, I'm creating a page and I've registered a new domain name and I need to create a subdomain blog.example.com (redirect to a blogspot host) and main domain stay in this hosting. But I need to configure ''cname'' to point to frihost and blogspot. I've heard that hosting with cpanel can be configured, it's possible with DirectAdmin?

Any sugestion how could I configure this.

Thanks in advance.
badai
you need to create another domain (blog.example.com) in directadmin/cpanel.

example.com and www.example.com will be your main domain. blog.example.com will be your additional domain. once you created that domain, it's done. no need to set any cname or anything (you can't anyway, not on frihost). your blog.example.com will be an A record (resolve by IP). and magically, you can also access it via www.blog.example.com

then put you blog there.
DesquisiadoMoral
badai wrote:
you need to create another domain (blog.example.com) in directadmin/cpanel.

example.com and www.example.com will be your main domain. blog.example.com will be your additional domain. once you created that domain, it's done. no need to set any cname or anything (you can't anyway, not on frihost). your blog.example.com will be an A record (resolve by IP). and magically, you can also access it via www.blog.example.com

then put you blog there.

Thanks so much Wink that option is right, but I'm thinking managing blogspot way, some blogs can be high trafic it's better get redirected to another blog-hosting.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/can-connect-blogger-subdomain-27305.html

there's two ways to do, webhosting 1) Creating a subdomain as the way you say and pointing DNS can be done from cpanel but I've not read about directadmin (it's possible activate dns managing??) 2) Managing DNS at domain name, this process can be slow Confused I haven't could and I don't know if I'm doing right Rolling Eyes

Putting the blog aside has advantages, for example offers another services from same web, can be found without problem like a domain, give indirect traffic to main web.
DesquisiadoMoral
I've changed DNS from godaddy domain panel from default DNS and it worked Smile
but when I put frihost nameservers block me again Confused so frihost it's the point
how can I manage and configure DNS for frihost?
Peterssidan
I don't really have any experience pointing subdomains do different servers but i think you are on the right track, changing the DNS from godaddy domain panel. I don't think you should have to do anything special from the Frihost side.

What do you mean by "when I put frihost nameservers block me again"? Do you mean that you can't reach your site? Maybe you just need to wait. DNS updates can be slow.