FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

North Korean Basketball Diplomacy

coolclay
I know it's kind of old news but I just got done watching Vice's documentary show of the trip https://www.intellectualrevolution.tv/videos/vice-on-hbo-episode-10-the-hermit-kingdom.

I am really amazed that they got away with filming candidly as much as they did, especially after the previous Vice trip to the DPRK! I have always enjoyed Ryan Duffy's work as a reporter/journalist, and Vice in general, but I think this piece was especially eye opening for me. It was surreal just watching it, I can't imagine the feeling of actually being there.
StriderVM
Yeah I have watched a lot of these kinds of documentaries. Thanks for showing me another one. Smile

Sadly some people actually believe this kind of hype as unbeliavable as it sounds. Of course even for the North Korean themselves, some actually truly believes all the propaganda (Especially if you're not in the peasant side and not dying of hunger.), a lot of people know that the propaganda being fed to them isn't all true.
coolclay
Yea, we complain about the wage disparity and income equality in the US, I can't even imagine what it must be like in a country like North Korea where you either have tons of money or not at all!
johans
I just remember Dennis Rodman from Chicago bulls visited North Korea with there Leader Kim Jong Il watching together basketball.

I think North Korea likes baskeball. That is good. Sports is good.
Josso
I've seen this. Rodman has now been barred for a drunken incident I believe?