FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Game of thrones

rexfix
START DAY 06/04 A 4 SEASON GAME OF THRONES
Pippo90
I cannot wait! Last season was amazing!
Insanity
I wonder how long they can delay the inevitable and the book starts falling behind in terms of the show. If the show overtakes the book, then we might lose out on a lot of good show. The actors will grow up very fast and become much taller and older and not too relevant to the show. But there´s really nothing much that we can do except pressure the author to keep writing and write faster.
Blummer
Quote:
The actors will grow up very fast and become much taller and older and not too relevant to the show.

That's what worries me as well..I haven't read the books much, I just wonder how much do they change from book to book. If the changes are too obvious the frequency of the seasons should increase, but I acknowledge every 10 episodes are like 10 big films, the most perfect fantasy series in terms of TV adaptation and the quality of effects and it takes time for the production.
Blummer
Umm...so anyone started watching the new season? No spoilers here, but I'm already really excited for the first two episodes.
Marcuzzo
I've read all books of "A song of Fire and Ice" so I could spoil your whole season if I wanted to but I won't Razz
but what I can say is that this season will be the best season of all ( well, season 5 will be even better...).
Season 4 is based on the second half of A storm of swords and A feast for crows
and when reading the latter I had a lof of 'wtf' moments where the story surprises you in ways you didn't expect. I hope that the TV series stays true on that aspect.

Insanity wrote:
I wonder how long they can delay the inevitable and the book starts falling behind in terms of the show. If the show overtakes the book, then we might lose out on a lot of good show.

I've been waiting for 'Winds of winter' for over a year now and the last thing I've read is that it will not be released before jan 2015 Sad
George R.R. Martin also said that if the show keeps up the tempo that they will catch up with him and to be honest, this is something that I don't like.

Insanity wrote:
The actors will grow up very fast and become much taller and older and not too relevant to the show.

in the last book, Tommen is still a child that likes to play and in the last episode ( SE04E2 ) I could see that Tommen was quite tall.

Blummer wrote:
I haven't read the books much, I just wonder how much do they change from book to book.

The TV show is roughly based on the books and at times they've added stuff to the story, at other times they left stuff out and on other occasions they even changed the entire event.

Blummer wrote:
Umm...so anyone started watching the new season? No spoilers here, but I'm already really excited for the first two episodes.

If you loved the previous seasons you are in for the same Wink
Josso
Maybe The Walking Dead differed from the original because it had less fans before than say the books of GoT do, but admittedly it is great for spoiler reasons. Got all the books apart from the 1st one so just patiently waiting at the moment Crying or Very sad
Pippo90
Blummer wrote:

If you loved the previous seasons you are in for the same Wink[/quote]

I agree. The first episodes were really worth watching.
filipetonga
Yup, can't wait to watch this
Blummer
Next one coming tomorrow, the trailer is up.

Mrs_Robota
let¿s see how goes this season...
Marcuzzo
Josso wrote:
Maybe The Walking Dead differed from the original because it had less fans before than say the books of GoT do, but admittedly it is great for spoiler reasons. Got all the books apart from the 1st one so just patiently waiting at the moment Crying or Very sad

the walking dead... do you mean the Wights and white walkers or the men at the sorrows

I've watched the last episode yesterday and the I'm still surprised that not a lot has happened, I bet they are saving the good parts for the end of the season to make us wait for it again.

like I said before, I have had a lot of WTF and OMG moments when reading a feast for crows and I hope that the TV show will do the same
Insanity
Yeah Tommen definitely looks much taller than he was previously. When you consider the fact that his age is supposed to be 12, he definitely does not look that young. I wonder how big of a problem this will be, although I'm sure the wonders of makeup and costuming can do a whole lot for the show. Actually, from my research it looks like they changed the actor who played Tommen in season four. I don't know why they did that, but that's probably a reason why he looks so much more different. I never noticed because he didn't do that mcuh in the first couple seasons. I think one major reason also is because he didn't say anything or have to act much in the first seasons, but now that he's going to have a lot of speaking roles and major parts in the show, they want a more experienced actor than the one they had previously. Or it could be other issues, I don't really know.
mgeek
Another season is ended and now we wait for season 6. I hope that G. Martin finishes "Winds of Winter" before the start of next season.
mgeek
Take note of the way people react:
Insanity
I wonder what's going to happen with the show now that the books and the show are now roughly at the same place in the timeline. The books have been taking a long time to come out, so either George RR Martin is going to have to speed up a lot, or the show is going to slow down. Also, it is possible that the show will take an entirely different direction than the books, because they don't want to wait for the books to finish. Or it could be based sort of on the books, because George RR Martin will tell the producers the majority of the plotline and they can start doing their own thing with it and it won't follow the books directly, but the major plot points should be the same.
Blummer
Yes, I was thinking the same...What are they really going to do? Or are they going to stop filming every years? Then the actors will age as well. Also - if they release the series first and then come the books - will it spoil those who love both series and the books?
marathon13
I'm waiting for new season episodes Smile
Insanity
It's almost April! There are already all sorts of teasers trailers and posters going on that hint at what's going on... so interested to see what's going to happen different than what's already in the books because this is going to be the season that changes everything.
Blummer
Yes, right, April is coming and I really wonder, what will happen to some of the characters. Mostly looking forward, of course, to see what happened to Snow, Theon, Sansa and how Bran is doing.
younelba
I'm hoping this season will not have bad surprises like the last one Confused
RosenCruz
Season 5 disappointed me. Waiting to see what season 6 offers.
ep1c0t
Can't wait for the new season! I've moved to europe and I'm hoping to visit a few sets like in Croatia or Ireland.
Josso
Oh yeah still a few months I think until that comes out, production must be pretty intensive to be honest. One thing I don't like about the GoT hype is people calling it the "best tv show ever". I feel like people saying that just haven't seen anything on HBO before
Blummer
The downside is the young actors aging between the seasons. Particularly the guy who plays Bran. But anyway, looks like this season promises to be very dramatic. And as always, full with violence. Laughing
loveandormoney
Sometimes it is more realistic than real life.