FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to setup a domain? Not a subdomain with frih?(Resolved)

shabda
I have bought a domain name. I dont have it now but will have it by tomorrow. How do I set it up with frihost? The domain will most probably be
shabda.name. I will need a really detailed explanation as I am completely new to this.
Thanks.
Sunny
When you get your domain you should also get a link to Domain Control Panel or DNS Control Panel. If you don't then you will have to check Domain registrant website or look in its faq's or ask them for it.

Once you login to Domain Control Panel, You are looking for option DNS Setting or DNS Configuration or NameServer etc. Click it, you will see multiple boxes to add name servers. In fst(Primary) add ns1.frihost.net, second(Secondary) add ns2.frihost.net. If you have more options, just leave them blank.

Then next step is to add the domain to your webhosting Panel. Looking at your date of joining I suspect you are hosted on Direct Admin Control Panel. Click Domain Setup>>Add another Domain>>Give your domain and click create.Leave the bandwidth and space options as "same as main account"
Daniel15
If you are on DirectAdmin, then the nameservers are ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net instead of .frihost.net.

Also, please read the sticky in the future: http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13111
shabda
Thanks a lot guys for your help. You rock as always. BTW, the domain is shabda.name. Ill soon host it with fri host, making a request now. Just 1 more question, is it true that it takes about 24-72 hours before my website will be visible, if I change my nameserbver.
waiteck
It depends how lucky you are. Meaning if you update or change it, you might miss the update. So you gotta wait, otherwise like my case, my domain almost immediately went into effect.
mustaq
i find problem usualy when we use sub-domain later we add domain and when we use any script that use sql , when we acces that page it will show the sub-domain

eg:i have domain www.mydomian.com

it will work well and my forum is located in sub directory

ex www.mydomain.com.forum

when we try to reach the forum from the home page it will lead you to sub domian but you will be able to access the forum
Bondings
shabda wrote:
I have bought a domain name. I dont have it now but will have it by tomorrow. How do I set it up with frihost? The domain will most probably be
shabda.name. I will need a really detailed explanation as I am completely new to this.
Thanks.

<sorry, I was wrong>

By the way, you can get a free .be domain from eurodns.be .
shabda
Yeah Got the domain and set it up. A lot of thaniks to everyone who gave their advice.