FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you use the hosting?

truespeed
How many on here who post regularly don't actually use their hosting?

I haven't used my frihost account for any sites since June last year,I suspect that a lot of the regular posters don't use their hosting either.
Vanilla
I use it, and how! My personal blog, my portfolio, my short blog and my work blog are all hosted here. All under my Popnoid.com domain. I used to have another domain hosted here too - which was home to yet another personal blog. To be honest, I'm not as active as I used to be in the past. My work is getting in the way of my internet browsing/blogging, but I still consider myself a blogger and I'm very fond of my humble blog. Very Happy

Ah, my blog is hosted here since 2006. I've only changed my domain name. The archives start on 2006 and is quite amazing to see how I've changed through the years.
deanhills
I also use my space. I've had it since 2008.
coolclay
Add me to the list! As much as I like you guys I don't have enough free time to post here just for the heck of it!
standready
I have used my hosting here since late 2010.
Peterssidan
I use my hosting too.
grofet
I need a good hosting better than the paid hosting. In my opinion frishost is a very good free hosting. But frihost is not a real free hosting. Frihost is a paid hosting since we have to pay frihost with forum points to get a hosting account and renew the hosting service. Yes, frihost is a post to host hosting service.

I think there would be not many people want to active forum poster if frihost did not give anything as reward to the people. Some people not using the hosting account any more for some reason. But since they think they will use the service in the future they keep post on frihost to gain points to keep the fre hosting account stay alive.

I'm using frihost to run some of my inactive websites. My active website is hosted on free blog service. Free hosting account in frihost is can not host my website since my website have a lot of visitor. In my experience my website need more than a dedicated server. A free shared hosting is not enough to run my website. The frihost server will going down and down when the website reach more than a hundred visitor in a minute.

In some case Frihost is better than paid hosting since it can run some heavy class cms script that paid shared hosting can not handle it. Frihost is do not have too many restriction so i can run some content management scripts that require some hosting function. That's why now i become an active frihost forum user. I think right now frihost is the best post to host service in the world.
cybersa
I'm using my hosting since 2011. Wink
sonam
I have my old site here but I haven't time to install new one. Few days ago I see we are (on server 1) get more spaces and gig's. I didn't know about it. Shocked

Maybe I will create more sites now. Who knows. Time is too short in my life.

Sonam
codegeek
I use the hosting here for just playing around or putting up small sites. I've got my brother's project on my main frihost subdomain. Although I trust frihost servers for not being down very much, my other sites are hosted in my paid hosting accounts, simply because I like the cPanel interface and find it easier to get work done using it.
deanhills
sonam wrote:
I have my old site here but I haven't time to install new one. Few days ago I see we are (on server 1) get more spaces and gig's. I didn't know about it. Shocked

Maybe I will create more sites now. Who knows. Time is too short in my life.

Sonam
Neither did I until a few months ago. Must have been after the DdoS event in July-August last year. Think something similar happened to those with space on Server 4 two years ago after they had had some bad luck over a longish period with the Server going down all of the time.
Gregoric
Since Frihost is pretty much reliable, or at least, have been reliable in my case since I started using it - I do have my websites hosted here. Of course, those are some free project but still. I think that pretty most of the regular forum community members do use their hosting space as well.
johans
I use my account for hosting specially my personal site.

The main reason i joined frihost is that I want to be hosted as free while just post some or create new topics which gain points.

I guess there are a lot of users here are just simply posting. I have seen account that use only posting and some also i notice that once they post there just leave if they will not find active users on there post.
rx9876
I use the hosting service, and that's the main reason I am here.
Frihost server is really reliable than others, even better than some cheap paid hosting.

I just need to find some topic to post or reply.
It's a very good trade.
Blaster
I've used my hosting service since I got it back in 2006. Currently it hosts my parents business website
william
I...use it. But I haven't made any updates since 2007? Might have been early 2008. Got really busy afterwards and then didn't really make any changes since. Still, I like to keep my old sites up (which is becoming harder and harder). I did build a number of websites afterwards, but they actually had a purpose other than my own amusement. Razz
playfungames
I am one of those who uses hosting provided by frihost. I use it to host two of my websites. I think I will continue to use it for some time. I have paid shared hosting at one other place, but I still use this one as well.
tcarnevale
I don't use hosting only because I'm waiting for a hosting account.

I suspect I'll use it a great deal to host a site I have planned and ready to go.

As far as posting is concerned I suspect I'll do it, but that won't be my primary reason for membership.

Very Happy Smile
Blaster
I've had websites come and go here. I forget all the ones I have made. I had 2 business websites set up here at one point but now only have one. I also was in the process of creating a nice website for my now ex-girlfriends families business. The files are still sitting there too which is pretty interesting to see from time to time.
rx9876
tcarnevale wrote:
I don't use hosting only because I'm waiting for a hosting account.

I suspect I'll use it a great deal to host a site I have planned and ready to go.

As far as posting is concerned I suspect I'll do it, but that won't be my primary reason for membership.

Very Happy Smile

It's really not a good thing to keep new applier waiting,
and it might cause the forum lost those people who wants to join.

Hope the administrator(s) will come back earlier.
Peterssidan
rx9876 wrote:
It's really not a good thing to keep new applier waiting,
and it might cause the forum lost those people who wants to join.

I agree. It's probably the best solution to the problem of low post numbers lately, but I think some waiting is reasonable. Tcarnevale has waited less than a week so I don't think that is too bad yet. It's easy to get the impression that no new accounts are created at all because we only hear the complains but not when they actually get it. I'm not really sure what the real situation is. If Bondings doesn't have time he could just nominate new account creators to do the job.
Blaster
Waiting a week isn't bad. Waiting several months pushes people away. I waited like 3 days for mine to be created back in 2006 when this place was really popular. Once you get hosted though its great hosting that you can keep for a long while and not have to pay for it.
Nyasro
yeah i use frihost i think its better than paid hosting.
crystalkey
I use the hosting for the past 3 years. I have several sites hosted here. I have little time to post here, however Sad
rx9876
crystalkey wrote:
I use the hosting for the past 3 years. I have several sites hosted here. I have little time to post here, however Sad

- 5 hundreds points, and your hosting should be off now.
Does it?

Hope you could revive your hosting.
johans
i should update my statement that as of 3-13-2014 i use frihost as my host for my 3 domain names. So far, the size can be manageable.
jajarvin
I have use frihost. I have not had any proprems with my hosting.
Insanity
I still use my hosting in that thereīs still something on my website and itīs being hosted by FriHost. The only thing is that I stopped really updating it at all. It just pretty much just exists without being updated. Yet, every few days I come back to the forums to make sure that my post counts stays up and my hosting doesnīt get deleted. Even though I havenīt touched it in years with any updates. Iīm sure people still view it occasionally, but there hasnīt been much content. I think I just use it in case I need soemthing, and I think Frihost is one of the more reliable free web hosts out there on the Internet.
Blaster
Insanity wrote:
I still use my hosting in that thereīs still something on my website and itīs being hosted by FriHost. The only thing is that I stopped really updating it at all. It just pretty much just exists without being updated. Yet, every few days I come back to the forums to make sure that my post counts stays up and my hosting doesnīt get deleted. Even though I havenīt touched it in years with any updates. Iīm sure people still view it occasionally, but there hasnīt been much content. I think I just use it in case I need soemthing, and I think Frihost is one of the more reliable free web hosts out there on the Internet.

Thats good and its nice to see some of the original members coming around. That is key to keep any place up and running. Returning customers shows something to the people that are new here.
bukaida
I am heavily using the hosting facility. In fact, initially I registered here for that only. I was refused twice by the Mods and had a fight with them over that Very Happy . I am quite happy to use it and will continue to use it until it is closed.
Deline
I host my blog fot so long in here and never had a problem Smile
Sarah_Everden
Deline wrote:
I host my blog fot so long in here and never had a problem Smile

I'm hoping it's going to help me host. Smile
RosenCruz
I am actively using it Cool
deanhills
I love my space at Frihost. I've always had something on it, but lately because the standard of the space has been so much higher, find myself working on it more often. I'll really miss it if anything happens to it.
Insanity
I don't use it that much right now because my site is on hold, but I have used it in the past and it is great. The uptime is decent for a free host, and there's always lots of space available for me and whatever stuff I have.
RosenCruz
The server that my account is on really works great as far as I can see. I have no reasons not to use it Twisted Evil
bioinfo_lcs
truespeed wrote:
How many on here who post regularly don't actually use their hosting?

I haven't used my frihost account for any sites since June last year,I suspect that a lot of the regular posters don't use their hosting either.

I want to use.
rjraaz
I use my hosting since 2011. I love to have space here at frihost. Smile
spinout
I put up a site back then, some years ago. BUt no everything is happening on facebook today...
loveandormoney
Yes.

And
it is a great pleasure.
Thank You Frihost.
amagard
Yes, I use it since 2012 to host a tool here which can be used to print a or create a table of content for a blogspot or wordpress blog, as I described here in one of my initial postings. After I announced this tool on my external Wordpress blog I was searching for a few free web hoster to actually provide this tool to others. I wanted to host it on at least 3 sites to ensure availability even one web hoster goes away or stops working.
I made bad experience with some free web hoster I used initially. Some simply go away, some don't provide reliable service. On my search of a new one I bumped into Frihost, a very reliable hosting platform with a compelling concept: posting to get points to pay for the hosting is a fair concept. It first has been sort of a duty, but quickly turned into fun to exchange knowledge and stories here in this community.
deanhills
I'm very happy with my hosting space at Frihost. Think Bondings must have set us up at a Rolls Royce equivalent Data Center. Speed is amazing! Uptime really great. Cool
Da Rossa
I do use the hosting, and love it Smile
I wish this board was more active like it used to be on the Bush administration but it's ok anyway Smile
RosenCruz
My little blog is not updated for months. I should use it more Smile
pindar
I am trying to get a one Smile