FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does anyone get dehydrated from coffee?

BrightSparx
I don't know if its just me, but I get really dehydrated off a cup of coffee, I can only drink 1 or 2 a day! Does anyone else get this as I know a lot of people drink millions of cups a day!
johans
my girlfriend get dehydrated when she drinks coffee at night; Only at night but on day time she feel normal way.

I drink coffee at night and day but i dont get dehydrated. I just get dehydrated when i drink flavored beer but this just happened very rare.
Rusomuscle
So you're trying to say that coffee is somehow diuretic? That's a myth. The mild, short-term diuretic effect of caffeine is not strong enough to counter-balance the benefits of fluid intake from coffee drinking.

How could u get dehydrated off a cup of coffee Confused Black coffee contains more than 95% water.

Maybe you're just not drinking enough water through the day.
Blaster
Yea you can get dehydrated from it. It has caffeine in it which dehydrates you.

HoweverI love my coffee and can drink it all day long. But when ever I drink coffee I always also make sure to drink water to keep hydrated. If I don't keep hydrated then my body likes to punish me with a severe headache.
ibraltan1
Coffee dehydrates only if you overdo it. While it is true that caffeine is dehydrating, the water in coffee (and tea, for that subject) more than makes up for the effects, ultimately leaving you more hydrated than you were. According to Mayo Clinic nutritionist Katherine Zeratsky, If you consume 500 or more milligrams of caffeine a day - anywhere from around three to five cups of coffee- you could your body at risk for dehydration. Human body needs water in order to function properly. In order to regulate our temperature, to preserve and cushion joints and organs and to help digestion move smoothly our body demands water. Dehydration is not only uncomfortable, but also dangerous. When not attended to in early stages, adults may develop extreme thirst, dizziness and confusion, and stop urinating. Symptoms should be taken even more importantly in children and older adults. Do we have to drink eight glasses of water a day? In fact, how much water you should drink is extremely personal: Whatever satisfies your thirst.
BigGeek
ibraltan1 wrote:
Coffee dehydrates only if you overdo it. While it is true that caffeine is dehydrating, the water in coffee (and tea, for that subject) more than makes up for the effects, ultimately leaving you more hydrated than you were. According to Mayo Clinic nutritionist Katherine Zeratsky, If you consume 500 or more milligrams of caffeine a day - anywhere from around three to five cups of coffee- you could your body at risk for dehydration. Human body needs water in order to function properly. In order to regulate our temperature, to preserve and cushion joints and organs and to help digestion move smoothly our body demands water. Dehydration is not only uncomfortable, but also dangerous. When not attended to in early stages, adults may develop extreme thirst, dizziness and confusion, and stop urinating. Symptoms should be taken even more importantly in children and older adults. Do we have to drink eight glasses of water a day? In fact, how much water you should drink is extremely personal: Whatever satisfies your thirst.

Really good point because coffee does dehydrate you, and you do need to watch your water intake and drink enough to compensate for the dehydration effects of coffee.

Not to mention the fact that too much coffee can cause diarrhea which will really dehydrate a person in no time. I know because I used to struggle with this on night shift when I would drink over a pot of coffee a night.

Some things to try are making the coffee weaker so to off set the dehydration effect. Also try dark roasts which have less caffeine than the lighter roasts.
jajarvin
When I drink a cup of coffee I also usually drink a class of water.
In this way I don't get dehydrated.
ibraltan1
Hypo hydration or dehydration is the excessive loss of body water, with an associated disorder of metabolic procedures. In medicine or physiology this concept of dehydration may be used roughly to talk about to any situation where liquid volume is decreased. Dehydration happens once water loss surpasses water intake, typically due to exercise or illness. Many persons can stand a three to four out of a hundred reduction in body water without trouble. A five to eight out of a hundred reduction can be reason of fatigue and faintness. In excess of ten percent can be source of physical and intellectual worsening, going along with by stark thirst. A decline more than fifteen to twenty - five out of a hundred of the body water is always deadly. Insignificant dehydration is described by thirstiness and overall uneasiness and typically resolves with oral water intake. Dehydration arises when water intake is inadequate to substitute water gone because of normal physiologic procedures such as breathing. So dehydration of body by drinking coffee is not so easy.
Iceaxe0410
I think it depends on the person. My parents drink coffee religiously. They can't literally function without some. I think they drink so much that it has a sedative effect on them. As for dehydration, they seem fine, hehe. I can't really say much since the last cup of coffee I had was 20 years ago. All told, I had about three cups of coffee in my entire life. I'm just not a coffee person.
ibraltan1
Almost anyone must have heard it said that anybody needs to have as a minimum eight glasses of water every day with the intention of keeping on well hydrated. Possibly it is also well known that by the time someone is aware of his or her thirstiness that person is previously in the problematic level of dehydration, or that the majority of people are constantly thirsty. In the same way most of the people read or heard that consuming caffeinated drink like coffee and tea will be the reason of losing more liquid than taking in. As a matter of fact these dehydration myths has become such determinedly well-established in our communal perception that it will almost certainly come as a shock to gain knowledge of that there is very tiny scientific support for any of those ideas. What is right, what is wrong? It is very important to know that it is a good habit to drink a lot of water. Besides this it doesn’t cause to be fat.
jamescaroline
Before consuming coffee, it is good to have a glass of water. It helps to stop getting dehydrated. Most of the people usually do this.

Intake of lots of water can lessen hunger cramps in the short term, which weightwatchers find beneficial. It can also help avoid kidney sands in those vulnerable to them. Drinking more water may ease astriction an also lessen water retaining. The body has a properly capable device for getting rid of extra water, so under usual conditions it's difficult to get yourself into distress by intake of water excluding the situation in which you happened to be in heavy traffic on the motorway and the following break stop is 50 lengthy miles away. It is necessary to indicate that most of the people can stay flawlessly hydrated on meaningfully fewer than eight glasses of water during a day. It is necessary to make clear that the normal individual needs around two liters, or about eight glasses, of water a day to substitute what is gone through usual organic functions like sweating urinating and breathing. Nonetheless that doesn't mean that someone needs to have two liters of water.
loveandormoney
BrightSparx wrote:
I don't know if its just me, but I get really dehydrated off a cup of coffee, I can only drink 1 or 2 a day! Does anyone else get this as I know a lot of people drink millions of cups a day!

Everybody.
So when You visit a good restaurant.
You ll order a cup of coffee.
The waiter is bringing You cup coffee suger milk AND a glass of water. He studied medicine.
ibraltan1
A study discovered no distinction in hydration between those drinking water or espresso, abandoning us with clashing discoveries. At that point came new research not long ago from Sophie Killer at Birmingham University in the UK, who measured the volume of pee, as well as tried their blood for indications of kidney capacity and figuring the aggregate sum of water in the body. The men in the study drank some espresso a day, much more than the normal espresso consumer. Yet there was no proof they were any more got dried out than the individuals who drank water alone. This examination was subsidized by the Institute for Scientific Information on Coffee, whose individuals are espresso organizations, however it has been distributed in an associate inspected diary and the writers affirm that the Institute assumed no part in social affair or breaking down the information or reviewing the exploration.

So in spite of the fact that we may notice requiring the loo more when we've been drinking espresso, the error is constructing our perceptions in light of an examination with the time we've tipsy nothing, not with a comparable measure of water. In the event that you picked a glass of water rather than some tea, you'd most likely see the same impact.