FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A little late to use the "report" button

SonLight
Back in 2006, a new member posted what he said was a letter to his girl friend. It turns out to be copy-pasted. The thread proceeded with many comments.

A sample from the letter, posted by yugioh killer but actually penned many years before:

Quote:
You are more wonderful and lovely in my eyes than you ever were before; and my pride and joy and gratitude that you should love me with such a perfect love are beyond all expression, except in some great poem which I cannot write.

So who actually wrote the letter?

It turns out that Frihost is in no danger of copyright violation for this particular letter, because it is older than Mickey Mouse. It appears many places on the Internet, one in particular being the site theromantic.com.

The letter begins:

Quote:
The White House
September 19, 1915

and is signed

Quote:
Your own,
Woodrow

The web page continues with the comment

Quote:
(Edith Bolling Galt later became Edith Galt Wilson, Woodrow Wilson's second wife and First Lady of the United States)
My noble, incomparable Edith,

It is online at:

http://www.theromantic.com/LoveLetters/woodrowwilson.htm
sonam
SonLight wrote:
Back in 2006, a new member posted what he said was a letter to his girl friend. It turns out to be copy-pasted. The thread proceeded with many comments.

A sample from the letter, posted by yugioh killer but actually penned many years before:

Quote:
You are more wonderful and lovely in my eyes than you ever were before; and my pride and joy and gratitude that you should love me with such a perfect love are beyond all expression, except in some great poem which I cannot write.

So who actually wrote the letter?

It turns out that Frihost is in no danger of copyright violation for this particular letter, because it is older than Mickey Mouse. It appears many places on the Internet, one in particular being the site theromantic.com.

The letter begins:

Quote:
The White House
September 19, 1915

and is signed

Quote:
Your own,
Woodrow

The web page continues with the comment

Quote:
(Edith Bolling Galt later became Edith Galt Wilson, Woodrow Wilson's second wife and First Lady of the United States)
My noble, incomparable Edith,

It is online at:

http://www.theromantic.com/LoveLetters/woodrowwilson.htm

Too late. But I don't care if someone write (copy/paste) something (short) without quotes. I don't like spam with links and without any reason. Poor posts for promoting some sites. Evil or Very Mad

Maybe he just forgot quotes and ones when he see reaction from others he don't want to unmask mistake. Smile

Sonam
Blaster
Like sonam said its not that big of a deal. Some people you can tell just downright copy stuff and its like come on. No use in a topic that is almost 8 years old
Vanilla
A little late to use the "report" button, but you can still use it. Just point us to the topic in question and we're going to fix it (use quotes, delete the topic, the works).
SonLight
The post in question is:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-48379.html#399141

I don't think the thread should be deleted, since it lead to some interesting conversation. It is too late to encourage the poster to follow the rules and get hosted, but I suppose adding the quotes will still set a good example.

I commented on it primarily as an interesting thread from the past, not really to comment on early Frihost moderation standards. If anyone read my post and tried to guess who originally wrote the letter, they did not reply to say so. If I had found a letter like that elsewhere I might have posted about it here as a "guess who", but hey, I found it on Frihost!
Blaster
The posts may not be deleted they will simply just fix the issue. IE in this case they would just insert the necessary quote tags.
Vanilla
I've fixed the post. Just added the quotes. Now next time I receive something akin to a love letter, I'll google it first before thanking the guy. Rolling Eyes
Josso
A while back P&R was screwed by a bunch of people (maybe same guy) that registered just to convert people it seemed, I reported using the same quotes rule it was useful! It's a relevant rule here to make sure people don't keep their hosting just by posting articles or whatever
Blaster
I've seen several posts like this out there. people wanting to just get hosting. Usually non english speaking people as well.