FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Alone & Many (50+50 coins)

sonam
This contest is extension of my post http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-157831.html

Rules are pretty simple:

1. Go at the bottom of he forum index page (http://www.frihost.com/forums/)
2. Create screen shoot of page
3. Cut out part where "Who is online".
4. Post it here

Extra rules:
1. For minimum is the best score with one member and minimum guests. The hidden is not counted.
2. For maximum is the best score with many members and maximum guests. The hidden is not counted.
For example in second solution if member one have result:
4 members and 92 guests
and member two have:
5 members and 73 guests
the winner is member two because have more members online.

End time for this month is the post posted at last on 31. March.

The less and the high result will get 50 coins each. Very Happy

Note: you don't need to post it if you haven't the best score in plus or minus. I will try to update daily result but I cannot promise. Smile

Sonam
cybersa
I'm going to start this contest by submitting my result.

sonam
cybersa wrote:
I'm going to start this contest by submitting my result.

Great. Nice result for start. Smile

Sonam
sonam
I will not participate in this contest but this is interesting high result. Smile

Sonam
william
Hidden doesn't count? Razz Well, guess I might have to change that (or use it to my advantage Twisted Evil ).

Nothing spectacular at the moment, so I'll come back later.
Peterssidan
Here is a new low:
deanhills
Never thought it could get as low as this:

sonam
Wow, thanks guys for posting your shoots. This contest start to be interesting. It will be heavy to beat Deans lower result but there are still 50 coins for higher one. Smile

Sonam
Peterssidan
I managed to take this shot right after the site was not responding.
deanhills
That's DEFINITELY a winner Peterssidan. Well spotted. Cool
standready
Sure has me and 76 guest beat.

WHERE IS EVERYBODY!!!
deanhills
standready wrote:
Sure has me and 76 guest beat.

WHERE IS EVERYBODY!!!
Great question. I'm on alone, during peak US viewing time. 87 guests ... and not a single registered member.
sonam
I am here now. Last three days I have business talks and no time. Smile

Ok, contest is going good. I would like to see yours higher results too. For this reason I am edit first post to explain who is winner with higher result of members (bold text below second opinion).

@Peterssidan
Great result. Other competitors my wait. Maybe forum will be down again. Razz

Sonam
playfungames
Ok, this is what I see currently. Not many registered users online.

sonam
playfungames wrote:
Ok, this is what I see currently. Not many registered users online.

Never mind. It is good start and you can win if no one post more then two members online. Smile

Sonam
william
Huh, all bots? I would guess so since I tend to see >100 guests around this hour pretty often.

sonam
Ha william, you are out of any category. Smile But this is quite impressive number of visitors.

Sonam
cybersa
My New Result:
william
sonam wrote:
Ha william, you are out of any category. Smile But this is quite impressive number of visitors.

Sonam

Yeah, I know. Razz Was just puzzled about the number of visitors. I normally open up Frihost around this time and was wondering where they all came from (there are over 100 guests right now).
deanhills
william wrote:
sonam wrote:

Sonam

Yeah, I know. Razz Was just puzzled about the number of visitors. I normally open up Frihost around this time and was wondering where they all came from (there are over 100 guests right now).
I don't understand the number of visitors either. I'd have thought that if there were less activity among the registered members, it would be reflected in activity of the guests as well. The traffic of the guests is still the same as it was before the slump in posts.
sonam
@Dean
If I good understand william is surprised with number of guests because the normal is 100 or less. But maybe you have different experience. Smile

Sonam
Peterssidan
120 guests wasn't unusual a few years back but now I rarely see it. It has definitely dropped but not as much (in percentage) as the posting activity has.
deanhills
I've seen 121 as recently as last week, or maybe it was a mirage. I could have been mistaken. Next time I see something like that I'll definitely take a print screen of it.
Peterssidan
deanhills, I believe you. I just thought it happened much more often a few years ago.

I collected the first 10 captures for each year from archive.org and calculated the average number of guests:
    2005: 3
    2006: 10
    2007: 44
    2008: 72
    2009: 83
    2010: 83
    2011: 138
    2012: 136
    2013: 92
As you can see 120 guests wasn't a high number in 2011 and 2012.
sonam
Peterssidan wrote:
deanhills, I believe you. I just thought it happened much more often a few years ago.

I collected the first 10 captures for each year from [url=http://web.archive.org/web/20050601000000*/http://www.frihost.com/forums/]archive.org[/url] and calculated the average number of guests:
    2005: 3
    2006: 10
    2007: 44
    2008: 72
    2009: 83
    2010: 83
    2011: 138
    2012: 136
    2013: 92
As you can see 120 guests wasn't a high number in 2011 and 2012.

Statistic definitely shows the less numbers in 2013 and I think this tendentious is the same in 2014. Of course we haven't all statistic and we don't know all visitors pick ups per month. It will be interesting to know it but I don't think this is possible.

Sonam
cybersa
New Entry:
william
I feel cheap doing this...

deanhills
Looks like a winner. 5 people posting .... can't believe that is a record these days. Crying or Very sad
Peterssidan
haha, william, you were the hidden one? Razz
william
Peterssidan wrote:

Been in the shadows since 2006. Twisted Evil

And, well, this is slightly better:

Yeah...I'm going to bed.

Edit: Or not...

johans
here is mine

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/yKeQQTNguBrUJ8PzOKkKmhqW8o7ETaKzmbwcudxdGYg=w590-h168-p-no[/img]
zimmer
Quote:
Peterssidan wrote:

Been in the shadows since 2006. Twisted Evil

Thats nice.. been in shadow for how many years. LOL.

I like to join the contest but i cannot attached picture. LOL. Actually, its my first time that i wanted to attached picture but the image URL is not working on my end.

Any body can give me a quick tutorial?

Idea
truespeed
^^ Just upload your image to http://imgur.com/ and then paste the url inbetween the "img tags"
sonam
WOW, william you have amazing result!

The best smallest is Peterssidan screenshoot.

For others, try to beat them two. Laughing

Sonam
Sylin
Got in during an unstable period:

deanhills
Sylin wrote:

DEFINITELY a winner. Never seen this before. Shocked

Wonder how funwan got registered. I was completely unable to get in.
sonam
Sylin wrote:

Wow! This is really great result! Shocked

Sonam
truespeed
Not a winner,but it is the lowest I have seen it while I have been online,no server issues at the time of posting either.

Not alone,so it wouldn't of counted anyway.

Peterssidan
Sylin wrote:

I thought I was going to improve my chances of winning when I was able to get a screenshot of 16 guests around that time but you beat me Twisted Evil
deanhills
Haha .... I've just got the same number as Sylin. Got to paste it for posterity. Very Happy

Sylin
wow, these are good results, but sad at the same time =0=
sonam
OK, I am send donations to willim - 50 coins, sylin - 25 and dean -25 (they have the same result).

For this month the rules are same and you can start NOW!

Sonam
deanhills
Thanks very much Sonam. Cool

Also, congrats to William and Sylin. Dancing
cybersa
sonam wrote:
OK, I am send donations to willim - 50 coins, sylin - 25 and dean -25 (they have the same result).

For this month the rules are same and you can start NOW!

Sonam

Congratulation to William,Sylin and Deanhills.
william
Thanks a lot, sonam!

And congratulations to both Sylin and deanhills. I think your results are a fair bit more impressive than mine, which simply required that I come out of hiding. Razz
cybersa
For this month:
Peterssidan

Looks like the guest numbers are not yet back to normal.
deanhills
I have been on regularly today and the guest numbers vary like CRAZY! At one time the number was in the nineties. I probably should make screenshots of those when I see them.
sonam
@Peterssidan
Good start. Very Happy

@Dean
I would like to see that result. Wink

Sonam
deanhills
OK, here we are in the nineties .... I'll try and monitor a little more regularly.

And another one ..... we're over the hundred .... WOW! Shocked

johans
truespeed wrote:
^^ Just upload your image to http://imgur.com/ and then paste the url inbetween the "img tags"

Oh, thank you for this info truespeed.

I think i need to re-post my entry.
sonam
johans wrote:
truespeed wrote:

Oh, thank you for this info truespeed.

I think i need to re-post my entry.

You need to create new screenshoots (1. min members and min guests 2. max members and max guests) for this month. Or one of this independent of the mement Wink

Sonam
sonam
deanhills wrote:
OK, here we are in the nineties .... I'll try and monitor a little more regularly.

And another one ..... we're over the hundred .... WOW! Shocked

Great start Dean. I would like to see higher number of members. Guests are second variable. Laughing

Sonam
truespeed
deanhills
Now this is perplexing me. Found high numbers in the nineties and over the hundred over the last few days:

deanhills
OK, here's another one with more than one registered member online - again more than a 100 guests:

mathiaus
What a great contest that is truly open to 'everyone'! I Love it Very Happy
I'll be sneaking around trying to catch that highest count now...
Peterssidan
Not sure if this month's contest has started or is going to take place at all but I saw a low number so I though I better post it.
deanhills
Here's my entry just for the record. Haven't seen 141 in a VERY LONG TIME! And it's just blown the theory about the more posts the more registered members the more guests. We have less members and less daily posts.

Posting numbers for last few days - quite shocking darn!
Quote:
Sun 04 May 2014: 27
Sat 03 May 2014: 27
Fri 02 May 2014: 35
Thu 01 May 2014: 33
Wed 30 April 2014: 34
Tue 29 April 2014: 51
Mon 28 April 2014: 58
Sun 27 April 2014: 33
Sat 26 April 2014: 46
http://www.frihost.com/search/post_statistics.php?groupby=day
sonam
Today I am donate 50 coins to Truesped and Dean and many thanks for submitting in contest for May without my interaction. I am too busy this weeks (and maybe few others) but May contest are still going on. Very Happy

Good luck for all. Wink

Sonam
deanhills
Thanks Sonam. If I keep this up I may turn into a Frihost coin millionaire one day. Razz
deanhills
Aha .... we made it to FOUR registered members today. Cool

sonam
Hi, Dean. The contest is closed for future. I will start it again when I have more time. If I good see you are only one posted screenshot what mean you are got double prizes with one shoot. Great work. Congratulations! Smile

Sonam
rjraaz

Just after a minute :