FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Url Redirect Service Question

smokey4life
I tried using a url-redirrect service to make my link a little shorter since its hard for all my users to remember, and for some reason it wont let my users login to my site. Is there some kind of redirrect restrictions with this hosting? The short url is http://destined.to/runesource
Sunny
I don't think it has to do anything with Hosting, Can you tell us the exact error message they get.

What I suspect is because you are using bravenet services thier browser is rejecting cookies from frihost.They will need to turn on "allow cookies from 3rd party" in their browser setting in order to sign in to forum.To enable it in Internet Explorer, go to Inetrnet Options >>>Privacy Tab>>Advanced Button>>Check Over ride automatic setting and then tick allow 3rd party cookies.

Good Luck!
Reiji
Some redirect services don΄t allow cookies...(dot.tk for example). so try it with another redirect url, if your problem persist, come tell us...
smokey4life
Well i figured it out, i cannot cloak the redirrect url, for some reason it conflicts with the logins. I dont know if this is something to do with the server or my forums.....i would really like to have all my users use one link and without cloaking once my users click anything it changes the link in thier browsers.