FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How much coffee?

jajarvin
I usually drink 5 cups of coffee in a day.

How about you? How many cups do you drink?
pravojednostavno
jajarvin wrote:

I think, five cups of coffee per day is definitely too much. So far I know, two cups is the best amount of coffee per day. Both cups of coffee should be drunk before midday.
To be honest, I also very often drink more than two cups per day - but never five a day.
BigGeek
Depends on how much sleep I get or how hard I have worked the day before. If I don't sleep much or am burned out and physically tired I tend to drink a lot more coffee than if I am running on a good nights sleep and rested. Over a pot on days I don't sleep much, only 1 or 2 cups on days I'm well rested and not over worked. Cool
jajarvin
If I drink coffee after 3 PM I will have great difficulties to fall in sleep in the evening.
I usually do not drink coffee after 2 PM
Pippo90
Usually at least twice a day (morning and noon). Unluckily now I can't do it anymore since I'm in an Asian country, where it's not really easy for me to make coffee.
grofet
I don't drink coffee since i know that coffee can makes me addicted. Maybe if there is a coffee without any caffeine in it i would like to try it.
Blaster
I drink anywhere from none to 10 cups of coffee a day. It depends on my mood. When I work at 9am I tend to have 1 or 2 cups during the day and maybe another when I get home. When I don't work I tend to have 1 or 2. If I'm working a 12 hour shift I might have 6 or 7 cups though. It really depends on the mood I'm in.
mshafiq
you can say coffee is good for health.I drink two times in a day.
Peterssidan
I don't drink coffee at all. I have tasted it but I didn't like it and I'm terrible at hot drinks. I always burn my tongue. I guess it's just a matter of practice and getting used to but I don't feel motivated getting addicted to something that I think will only cost me money and health.

Many people I know say they don't like the taste of coffee, but they like it together with something to eat, like a cookie or cake. I guess it's mostly a social thingy. Grown up people are supposed to drink coffee when they get together (especially the older generations).
myleshi
The amount of coffee that someone can tolerate depends upon the person. I usually have about 6 cups a day (Monday thru Friday), a lot less on the weekends. No issues with nervousness or loss of sleep. Coffee also is also relatively high in Potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure.
codersfriend
only 1 - 2 cups. but 2 cups makes me kinda nervous
Vanilla
I drink at least 2 mugs of Brazilian coffee. If you guys are not familiar with our version, you should definitely try it. It's stronger than most coffees out there and I've calculated each mug having around 300 mg of caffeine. I believe I'm used to it and I cannot "function" properly without my morning coffee.

It's 9 AM here in Brazil right now and I'm drinking my coffee, so here's a picture for you.

Notice how dark this stuff is. As dark as my soul. I don't believe I would be able to live in a place where I couldn't drink proper coffee.
myleshi
I usually drink about 4 - 5 cups on weekdays. Less on the weekends. I've never experienced any negative side effects; loss of sleep, nervousness, etc. Additionally, black coffee is high in potassium, which helps lower blood pressure (just like bananas).
rx9876
Every single thing should be controlled in the proper amount.
Too much or too less will cause problems.

Some of heavy coffee users might experience irritable bowel syndrome, or stomach acid imbalance.
Some of them tried to reduce the amount of coffee they drink everyday, and encounter withdrawal effects.
dude_xyx
I drinking coffee only once a while like once or twice a week. More of a tea person so I drink tea like four-five times a day.
Nyasro
I drink twice a day.
Rusomuscle
I only drink coffee before my workouts when I don't have a preworkout supplement.
steeve
jajarvin wrote:

Drink 5 cups of coffee in a day is really too much. It gives bad effects on your health and make addict you. I think 1-2 cup of coffee is enough a day.
Nyasro
1 coffee per day Very Happy
steeve
According to me, drinking too much coffee is bad for health. I usually take 1 or 2 cup of coffee whole a day.
supowski
I drint 4-7 coffees a workday, much less on weekends. Maybe too much, but I don't yet have any health issues.
mshafiq
I am not fond of coffee a lot .
only two cup in one day
mshafiq
two cup of coffee daily
lcreed
I drink 2 big cups of strong black coffee, no milk no sugar Very Happy
johans
jajarvin wrote:

4 or 5 cups also. It is very cheap here in Philippines but i like the brewed coffee.
deanhills
I've got into the habit of tea only over a period of months, so every time I have the odd cup of coffee it reminds me of how much sharper my thinking has become, as well as extra energy I have. Happened to me again yesterday. My once in a long while coffee helped me focus much better.

I can imagine if one has coffee every day, one probably would need to increase the consumption marginally to get the same benefit, but there must be some benefits in caffeine consumption.
handfleisch
jajarvin wrote:

This is okay. Medical experts now say that coffee is okay for your health, but maximum six cups per day.

Coffee is actually good for the body, as long as it's not too much.
loveandormoney
jajarvin wrote:

Another idea is to change the coffee?

Why do always drink the same type of coffee daily?