FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DELETE ACCOUNT

kornflakes
I didn't find how to delete my account but I created it by mistake.
So please delete it.
Blaster
You can not have your account deleted. Just leave it unused.
Peterssidan
I'm surprised that people bother to make a post to get their account deleted when they have not made a single post. It keeps happening from time to time. What exactly is the reason?

Is it because they want to be kind and clean up the forum of unused accounts? If so they fail because the accounts are usually not removed and the only thing they have actually accomplished is to create a useless thread.

Is it because they don't want Frihost to have the registration/profile information? In that case I think it's better to change the information on the Edit Profile page to gibberish and simply forget about it.
Ankhanu
Peterssidan wrote:
I'm surprised that people bother to make a post to get their account deleted when they have not made a single post. It keeps happening from time to time. What exactly is the reason?

I find the frequency of these posts quite interesting too. I guess I just don't understand how one signs up for a messageboard accidentally Razz
deanhills
I feel sympathetic. I'm sure if someone should go to the extreme of creating a thread, that they must genuinely regret that they opened the account. Those who don't care would just click away. Ideally there should be an "escape" option where one can automatically delete an account like in the account section, but if not, and someone asked me to remove an account, and I were an Admin with the power to do so, I'd delete the account for the person. I'd probably then move the thread to the "Request an Account Change" Sub-Forum and close it.
Blaster
I guess it would be nice if you could delete your account before you make any posts. That would be a simple fix to this problem. However I'm not sure what peoples reason for deleteing their account here is. My only guess is that the people don't want their information kept on the forum
Peterssidan
Blaster wrote:
I guess it would be nice if you could delete your account before you make any posts. That would be a simple fix to this problem. However I'm not sure what peoples reason for deleteing their account here is. My only guess is that the people don't want their information kept on the forum

If it's not possible to delete the account later I don't think it's a good idea to allow it at any point because that could give the impression that it is always possible.
Blaster
Yea you have a point there i guess...