FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WIN7 screen poweron when keyborad or mouse input

rx9876
As the title, It's ASUS Ultrabook, and I'm using FN+F7 to disable the LCD.
I turned that input trigger off before, but I forgot how to do it now.
I want to save the power by switch the screen off,
and I don't want it be turned on automatically when any actions on keyboard or mouse.

I tried to google it, and didn't found any solution.

If anyone knows, please help me.
Thanks advance.
Gregoric
What would you like to achieve is to enable the FN+F7 again and then make the screen be turned on and off only with that combination?

My question is: did you turn off only the FN+F7 shortcut or all the FN functionalities?
If you turned off all the FNs, you may want to try these steps:
- press FN + F11
or
- press FN + Numlock
or
- go into your BIOS and there search for 'function keys' or something like that and change its behaviour

When it comes to the second issue, I do not have any idea how to do it. If you want the screen to be turned off because you still want the laptop to run but you do not need to use the screen (for example - to listen to music or download something larger), you can turn off entering sleep mode when closing the lid. When the lid is closed, the screen is turned off with system still running - but obviously you cannot access keyboard until you open the laptop's lid again. If such solution is satisfactory for you, tell me: what system do you use? I could then explain you how to do it.
rx9876
Gregoric wrote:
What would you like to achieve is to enable the FN+F7 again and then make the screen be turned on and off only with that combination?

My question is: did you turn off only the FN+F7 shortcut or all the FN functionalities?
If you turned off all the FNs, you may want to try these steps:
- press FN + F11
or
- press FN + Numlock
or
- go into your BIOS and there search for 'function keys' or something like that and change its behaviour

When it comes to the second issue, I do not have any idea how to do it. If you want the screen to be turned off because you still want the laptop to run but you do not need to use the screen (for example - to listen to music or download something larger), you can turn off entering sleep mode when closing the lid. When the lid is closed, the screen is turned off with system still running - but obviously you cannot access keyboard until you open the laptop's lid again. If such solution is satisfactory for you, tell me: what system do you use? I could then explain you how to do it.

Wow, thanks for your fast reply.

I tried to fix this issue all day.

The original behavior is pressing FN+F7 to turn off the LCD, and nothing can turn on the LCD but pressing FN+F7 again.
The later behavior is any action on keyboard or mouse will turn on the LCD.

I suddenly recalled that the ASUS live update upgrade a bunch of software.
I remove the ATK_package V1.0.0023, and downgrade to older version 22, 20, or 19.
They all do not work, but it comes to my mind that I can see the old version by windows recovery,
and I reinstall the original version 16.

The function is working again!
Now I can turn down the LCD,
and won't be bothered by the jitter mouse turns on my LCD every few minutes.