FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HELP, i am new in this

jamesbond25
hey people,

My name is james and i am a student in economics. I am a french speaking person, so in advance i apologize if my english is poor but i will do my best. My group and I, have a task to do for class. We need to create a website by using joomla. But we don't know much about it. I just know that I need a webserver, then i need to transfer my joomla files into the server by using an FTP software like Filezilla. Then, I heard, Joomla is quite easy to use and to create and host the website. The problem i am facing is that i can't seem to find a free webserver. I can't buy a server as this is just for school. I read somewhere that this site is a free webserver which is Joomla friendly. Can someone explain how it works? I mean, if i want to host my Joomla website here?

I downloaded WAMP server in order to create a local server on my computer, what is your thoughts on that? Is it a good to do that, as we will still have to put the website online?

Thank you Smile
jamesbond25
No one?? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
SonLight
James, I definitely think you should develop your site on your own computer, using WAMP or whatever server software you choose. It is probably not a good idea to publicly host your site from your own computer, because there are too many security issues. If the primary goal is to make information available to the public, you could use something like wordpress which is easy to get both hosting and site management for. I assume the primary goal is to demonstrate your ability to create a site. Hosting it on your own computer, and perhaps making it public for a limited period of time to demonstrate it, would accomplish that. You could use dyndns or a similar service to make it available on the internet by name, or simply have it addressable only by the ip address.
standready
Yes, you can host your website here under a Frihost sub-domain. As for using Joomla, ask under computer language support. Good luck!
grofet
Just download the latest joomla script and upload it to the hosting account. But first of all you need to get free hosting account in here or the other free hosting service. Just try to find some guide how to install joomla script on the internet with search engine to make the joomla online. Wamp or xampp is not needed at all if you have frihost free hosting account.
airh3ad
make sure you have hosting account. soon you buy your own hosting just finish your study. Smile
tcarnevale
James,

Your project is definitely doable. A few suggestions:

1. Look at [url]cloudacces.net[/url]. They'll host an account for free for you for 30 days.
2. The site will have Joomla "pre-loaded" on it which will save you some hassle.
3. They have great tutorials and support. There are some other decent tutorials on the web also.
4. Do some research on Joomla templates and play around with one you like or is appropriate. You can get a free template pretty easily by doing a Google search on "free Joomla templates".

Hope the above helps. Very Happy Wink
johans
jamesbond25 wrote:
No one?? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

James, yes wamp is a good tools to create website. I suggest do the CMS type of website for easier and easy to manage.
cabenqc
For local machine hosting,
I suggest can take a look of xampp
www.apachefriends.org/‎

I used that a lot for fun/testing/private/business/Intranet/Internet
Wish U Good Luck
alexakasanjeev
SonLight wrote:
James, I definitely think you should develop your site on your own computer, using WAMP or whatever server software you choose. It is probably not a good idea to publicly host your site from your own computer, because there are too many security issues. If the primary goal is to make information available to the public, you could use something like wordpress which is easy to get both hosting and site management for. I assume the primary goal is to demonstrate your ability to create a site. Hosting it on your own computer, and perhaps making it public for a limited period of time to demonstrate it, would accomplish that. You could use dyndns or a similar service to make it available on the internet by name, or simply have it addressable only by the ip address.

please help me i have created a website and i want to host it can you tell me about hosting in frihost
truespeed
alexakasanjeev wrote:
SonLight wrote:

please help me i have created a website and i want to host it can you tell me about hosting in frihost

You are unlikely to get hosted at frihost,the admin has been away for some time,he hasn't posted on the forums at all in 2014,so if you want hosting fast,you may be better off looking at other options.
deanhills
alexakasanjeev wrote:

Here is a copy of Frihost's quick Guidelines. If you are in a great hurry for hosting, you may not find it here. But if you are prepared to wait, we do have an account creator who opens accounts from time to time, and you may just turn out to be one of the lucky ones.

http://www.frihost.com/guide.php