FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

We apparently get points for blog posts?

boinsterman
We apparently get points for blog posts? I just submitted a large post to my Frihost blog and while I did not see a notification of the number of points I got for it (like with regular forum posts), my point total improved by about 5.

I just wanted to confirm I did not get the points in error. But I do think it is a good idea to award points for them, so as to attract traffic.

I did not see an ad on my Blog page (Drug use from lack of hope). I do not have a problem with it, and my ads-in-forum-pages is set to On/yes. I value Frihost hosting and do not want them to have to start charging like so many others, and an AdChoices ad on a blog page would be a good idea.

Edit: This post puts me past the -300 points mark, even without this edit. Yee-hah!
zimmer
i have not yet submit any blog on frihost but i think its not included on the points.
badai
somebody post before, blog will help you get point more quickly. I'm not sure how it work.
Ankhanu
Yes, you get points for blog posts and replies.

They don't help you get points more quickly, they're worth the same points as a standard post. That said, it can be easier to engage with other users through the blogs, which can encourage you to post more, thereby getting more points.
Peterssidan
boinsterman wrote:
I did not see an ad on my Blog page (Drug use from lack of hope). I do not have a problem with it, and my ads-in-forum-pages is set to On/yes. I value Frihost hosting and do not want them to have to start charging like so many others, and an AdChoices ad on a blog page would be a good idea.

If you log out you will see ads on your blog. A few years ago the whole forum was ad-free for logged in members but now we see a small ad at the end, which is still a lot less than what you see as a guess.
Blaster
When it comes to ads there was a time that every post had the adsense maximum of 3 ads on a page. It has since been decreased to the one ad which isn't bad. This is for logged in users only i'm not sure for guests.