FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to Download an Entire Youtube Channel

Possum
Hi

There are some youtube channels like http://www.youtube.com/user/TragedyandHopeMag that I would like to download the entire content. Is there a way to do this. I would also not like to annoy anyone Youtube..

I know how to download one clip at a time but am looking for a one click gets all method..

Any advice please..

thx...
cybersa
You can try

4K Downloader:
http://www.4kdownload.com/download

Direct Video Downloader
http://www.majorshare.com/direct-video-downloader/
deanhills
Firefox also has a plugin that you can use.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-video-and-audio-dow/
standready
Careful what you download to avoid copyright infringement.
spinout
it is not what you download, it is what you spread!
bukaida
spinout wrote:
it is not what you download, it is what you spread!

Downloading illegul and copyrighted materials are also an indirect support/boost to the content. Specially if it depends on Ad-revenue and if you have to go through couple of such things before downloading the actual content.
Josso
Intellectual property is a mad subject these days best to archive even 100% original content channels - you NEVER KNOW. Will this Mozilla addon do an entire channel automatically? Thanks for the share
Possum
I dont really download to keep a youtube clip. I do it for the convenience of watching latter. But true sometimes I do keep them.

PS

I thought if it was on Youtube it was copyright to be used and seen.. At least by the person who downloaded it..

Oh: I just downloaded 4K Video Downloader... himmm It seems to do everything I requested. Well the pay for version does.. And Im happy to pay. Just checking it out now. But it seems great..

The pay for version looks like it can download an entire youtube channel... That will be great for tutorial sites like http://www.youtube.com/user/technotipDOTorg/videos
Josso
Possum wrote:
I thought if it was on Youtube it was copyright to be used and seen.. At least by the person who downloaded it..

Well admittedly I haven't uploaded anything to youtube in a while but I release stuff all the time. There are various degrees of creative commons licenses that I use on most sites.
Possum
I hate all this copyright Stuff but I do feel good when I to pay for my Kindle books. I will most certainly pay for the 4K Downloader if it works out that it does what I want it to do. I dont really download youtube titles for permanent storage as I only have 500 gigs... I like to USB stick them and sneeker net them over to my 32" TV.
deanhills
Possum wrote:
I like to USB stick them and sneeker net them over to my 32" TV.
I don't own a 32 inch TV, but am curious, how would you do that?
johans
Try to search on sourceforge where you can find a lots of tools.
Possum
4K Downloader turns the Youtube clips into mp4 which I can play via the USB port on the TV.

I am thinking turning a Raspberry PI into a Media PC and connecting it soon..though
Josso
Possum wrote:
4K Downloader turns the Youtube clips into mp4 which I can play via the USB port on the TV.

I am thinking turning a Raspberry PI into a Media PC and connecting it soon..though

SO MUCH THIS^

@dean as well - a lot of media boxes have big corporate interests tied to them so they will only support some formats. The best way really is to have a full desktop PC connected via HDMI to your TV but not everyone has the space to do this, Pi is a great cheap alternative, running RaspBMC with great results myself - just use my films stored upstairs over network and 1080p is fine despite having a teeny gpu and cpu.
deanhills
Josso wrote:
Possum wrote:

SO MUCH THIS^

@dean as well - a lot of media boxes have big corporate interests tied to them so they will only support some formats. The best way really is to have a full desktop PC connected via HDMI to your TV but not everyone has the space to do this, Pi is a great cheap alternative, running RaspBMC with great results myself - just use my films stored upstairs over network and 1080p is fine despite having a teeny gpu and cpu.
Think I've got it now. I'm in South Africa, staying with my sister and my brother and law is currently planning on upgrading to a 40 inch Samsung that has capability of transfering data, sort of designed that way. Seems to be the vogue now.
Josso
I'm not entirely sure what the market is like these days (in terms of whether they all have those features now, just to varying degrees) however I really wouldn't bother with paying extra for a HDD on your TV or something that calls itself 'smart', as long as the picture isn't any better I wouldn't bother. Most 'smart' TVs I've come across filter Youtube search results for example like an xbox 360 does. Good luck finding a proper browser in a 'built in' device, it's as bad as portable devices.
DesquisiadoMoral
aTube is the best software for this.
I don't think this would be illegal, in my case I hate youtube ''loading bar'' I much prefer download and watching later and much cases I deleted Wink because consume my hard disk space Wink Wink Wink
harrer
If you haven't paid for the full version let me recommend youtube-dl.

It's command line based but gets the job done in one script.

Just cd into the youtube-dl directory and enter:
youtube-dl -i -c "URL OF CHANNEL"
cabenqc
Well, I'm not legal expert.
IMHO,
copyright infringement
Intellectual property
Trademark
Patent
are quite complicated topic.
Those are related to local and International laws and acts.
A very big topic to explore. Question

Again, IMHO,
Learn how to download a file is much more simple.

Laughing
Da Rossa
the most annoying thing about youtube is when you're about to watch a video, most commonly a music clip on your phone or tablet, and there is this message: "the owner of this video did not make it available to watch on cell phones. Add to your list to watch later on a PC." Foxtrot Uniform!!
airh3ad
Just make sure you have available large space on your hardisk