FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Being more resolved

Sylin
Hello
I haven't been on for a while, but I want to come back to frihost again.
Anyway, I was reflecting on the past couple of years and I do have quite a number of things that I wanted to do, things that I've started doing, and things that I've already given up on.
These may be your annual new year resolutions, a sudden spur of desire to learn a new language, to give some time each week to pursue one of your hobbies, etc.
I have many things I wanted to do, some of which I've started doing on and off in the past, and most of which I've already stopped doing and don't know when I'll ever get back to it again..

I felt that I was greedy and lazy at the same time. But then I also felt that if I don't change my habits at some point or another, to actually start doing something I wanted to do and to see it through to the end, then I would regret not doing them when I get older.

Do any of you have similar experiences? Do you also felt overwhelmed by the stuff you want to/have to do some time? Do you have hard times trying to meet your resolutions?
johans
good luck on your dreams!

That is a good thing to start and Frihost or whatever it is will be your starting point atleast you got the words and actions of determination on your dream!

Words where coincide on your action so start the action now!
Blaster
Welcome back. And sure we all do its this thing called life.

Insanity
It's not often that I feel like I have too much to do so I can't do the goals I've set out for myself, but rather that I get too lazy doing any of them. That's the core problem for me.
deanhills
Sylin wrote:

I felt that I was greedy and lazy at the same time. But then I also felt that if I don't change my habits at some point or another, to actually start doing something I wanted to do and to see it through to the end, then I would regret not doing them when I get older.
Definitely feel the same. Frihost helps me to not have to worry about it too much. Like my "escape clause". Razz

BUT in the meanwhile, my contract in the UAE will probably not be renewed in September - almost 95% for sure - maybe even a bigger percentage - AND I don't have a back-up plan. So I'd say I got greedy and lazy for having stayed too long here. Got to look for a way to employ myself and get lean and mean earthly goods wise by September when I've got to move to Destination X. Still have to figure out where that will be.
Sylin
Blaster wrote:
(youtube) Darryl Worley, Sounds Like Life To Me

the lyrics!
and professor Lupin!!

On a serious note, I am a little more positive that I can start changing myself for the better now.
Got quite a lot to do over the next 2 years and don't know where I will end up in, but I'll try Smile
standready
All you can do is try but life can get in way. Best of luck to you!
Later in life they call it a bucket list.
deanhills
By the way I really like your new Avatar Sylin. Kind'a fits this topic as well of contemplation. Cool