FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Jenny Jones, first GB snow Olympic medal...ever!

watersoul
Well done lass! From Bristol, not far up the motorway from me, wonder how you would have done if we'd had regular snow in our country?! You are our first 'snow' medal winner...I shall always remember your name and look forward to the pub quiz question a few years from now! "Who was the first Brit to..." SmileSmile
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/feb/09/sochi-2014-snowboarder-jenny-jones-first-medal-on-snow-bronze
Quote:
She had never stepped on a snowboard until she tried the sport on a Bristol dry ski slope aged 16. But Jenny Jones will go down in the record books as the first British athlete to win a medal on snow in 90 years of the Winter Olympics.

Jones, 33, was the oldest competitor in the sport of slopestyle snowboarding that is making its debut at these Olympics and has become a breakout hit with its photogenic stars and gravity-defying tricks on rails and jumps.
deanhills
I always thought it was a sport for teens only. Totally impressed. Well done! Applause
pinspins
Great result....looked like gold was on the cards for a while. Good on her.
Blaster
Thats awesome. Speaking about people that live close to you a few people who compete live in my town. We have one of the largest ice skating rinks in the world so it draws all kind of people to it.
jamesparker
yeah I agree with the point to talk about the braves.
spinout
happy for her! Sweden had I good olympic game too.
standready
Fantastic!!
Glad to see you still posting, watersoul.
deanhills
standready wrote:
Fantastic!!
Glad to see you still posting, watersoul.
You almost had me happy here. Or did I miss something somewhere and he is back after all?