FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Moving on.

KneeDeep
Well guys, I just wanted to say thanks for having me.

I am starting to look at other hosting alternatives. It is just taking too long for a simple yes or no.

Take care and all the best.
sonam
KneeDeep wrote:
Well guys, I just wanted to say thanks for having me.

I am starting to look at other hosting alternatives. It is just taking too long for a simple yes or no.

Take care and all the best.

Good luck. Smile

Sonam
Blaster
Good luck with moving on. Can't say I really blame you the wait period is too long which is sad because this place is really reliable after the BS of getting the account.
watersoul
I agree, the free webhosting is fantastic here when you have it.
Good luck finding a host, it is never good to see a thread about lost users, but maybe hang about here in case you get approved in the next week or so? Who knows.

I don't use my hosting here for much unrelated to Frihost anymore, images for posts etc, but I stay because the community on the forums has some people with deep knowledge about many things, and are happy to share it. I like that, a lot.
I think Frihost is an excellent resource, and if you want an interesting, intelligent, and varied forum to post in (to 'pay' for your hosting) I'd definitely suggest hanging around, or as some say "don't burn a bridge unnecessarily" Wink
KneeDeep
watersoul wrote:
"don't burn a bridge unnecessarily" Wink

No, not at all. I actually enjoy these forums. However my site needs to be done sooner rather than later so from a hosting perspective I am just visiting the other side where the grass appears greener.
watersoul
KneeDeep wrote:
watersoul wrote:
"don't burn a bridge unnecessarily" Wink

No, not at all. I actually enjoy these forums. However my site needs to be done sooner rather than later so from a hosting perspective I am just visiting the other side where the grass appears greener.
Chase all options, of course, totally understand. Lack of admin input does not inspire confidence in any website.
sysna
I suggest you to keep your account active here too, so after you got a host here you can move here and enjoy the most stable free webhost i've ever seen. actually i've never seen uptimes like what we get here in anywhere else.
LostOverThere
Blaster wrote:
Good luck with moving on. Can't say I really blame you the wait period is too long which is sad because this place is really reliable after the BS of getting the account.

Unless you're on Server 1. Razz
deanhills
LostOverThere wrote:
Blaster wrote:

True. And then when it is OK, as it has been for the last two weeks, it is roaring with energy. Maybe because there are so few active accounts on it? Razz

Guess Server 4 is the champ for now. And that is where most of the active accounts are. So the Websites must be in good shape from a big picture point of view.

cybersa
deanhills wrote:
LostOverThere wrote:
Blaster wrote:

True. And then when it is OK, as it has been for the last two weeks, it is roaring with energy. Maybe because there are so few active accounts on it? Razz

Guess Server 4 is the champ for now. And that is where most of the active accounts are. So the Websites must be in good shape from a big picture point of view.

I'm from Server 4.
Happy! Wink

I think we can request the Bondings to move accounts from server 1 to server 4.
Only few accounts are there,so it won't take long time.
Bondings also don't need to bother about server 1 further.
sonam
Quote:
I think we can request the Bondings to move accounts from server 1 to server 4.
Only few accounts are there,so it won't take long time.

I am not agree with this idea. First I think there are lot of accounts on server 1 not only few (maybe they are not active but it is still there), and if Bondings move accounts on server 4 he cannot provide the same name (myaccount.frihost.net). In that case I will loose all my (very lees number of) google links. Some other members maybe have more active web sites and I am pretty sure they don't like to change the hosting name, too.

Sonam
cybersa
sonam wrote:

If Bondings move accounts on server 4 he cannot provide the same name (myaccount.frihost.net). In that case I will loose all my (very lees number of) google links. Some other members maybe have more active web sites and I am pretty sure they don't like to change the hosting name, too.

I think it is possible.
Like pointing one or more domains to same website.
sonam
cybersa wrote:

I think it is possible.
Like pointing one or more domains to same website.

I don't think so because you can pointing one or more domains to same website but you cannot point one domain on two or more websites. In that case if is frihost.net pointed to ns1/ns2.frihost.net you cannot point it to ns1/ns2.frih.net or any other. I think (maybe wrong) with moving all frihost.net subdomains on other server all subdomains from frihost.net will be lost.

Sonam