FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Latests posts

Blaster
So I know one way to keep a forum active is to have a list of the topics that were just commented in. An example of this is www.silveradosierra.com it helps keep people posting. I know bondings is busy but maybe this will help boost post count. Also maybe cutting back on some of the forums we have. We have a lot that only have a few posts in it and it looks cluttered. It was fine when we were pulling in a ton of posts each day but we are not long doing that.
Peterssidan
Don't we already have that?
http://www.frihost.com/forums/search.php?search_id=newposts
Josso
I always use the latest posts thing on most forums I visit unless they have like 3 or 4 sections
deanhills
Peterssidan wrote:
Don't we already have that?
http://www.frihost.com/forums/search.php?search_id=newposts

Agreed - and it is the one I use quite regularly.

And we have ones that are on the home page of Frihost. The two columns down the right hand column of the page - the most convenient of them all, particularly if one hasn't posted in a while:
http://www.frihost.com/
Blaster
Yea i guess you are right I'm more talking about on the forum page itself though. Have it only display like the latest 10 posts or what ever. I find myself a lot of the times passing up posts in other forums because I don't see them.
cybersa
Blaster wrote:
Yea i guess you are right I'm more talking about on the forum page itself though. Have it only display like the latest 10 posts or what ever. I find myself a lot of the times passing up posts in other forums because I don't see them.

You can see latest 10 post on home page.
http://www.frihost.com/
Blaster
Yea true I was just hoping to add it to the forum like the annoucements is set up.
cybersa
Blaster wrote:
Yea true I was just hoping to add it to the forum like the annoucements is set up.

It will be good,if it so.

Admin need to add it.
sonam
I am not sure are admins have rights to change forum template. But if they have or Bondings come back maybe we can put few links on the top and bellow Blog part.

Sonam
truespeed
^^ That would be a good idea,maybe moving the user blog information below post count and stuff next to the avatar would be better,freeing up the centre for the new posts.
Blaster
I like that idea sonam. Looks pretty clean and takes up a little bit of the free space.
bukaida
Your idea looks very organized Sonam. May be it can be considered as a template by the Mods.
Peterssidan
The advantage of the home page and sonam's suggestion is that the topics don't disappear between visits like they do on the View posts since last visit page. The disadvantage is that they contain a very limited number of posts and that some categories are excluded.

What I would find useful is a much bigger list of all the latest posts, maybe with 100, 1000 or why not unlimited number of posts. This is of course nothing that should be displayed on the forum index page, but it could be linked from there. If sonam's suggestion was implemented there could be a "Show all recent posts" link at the bottom of it.
sonam
Quote:
If sonam's suggestion was implemented there could be a "Show all recent posts" link at the bottom of it.

This is good idea. I like it. Smile

Sonam
Blaster
sonam wrote:
Quote:
If sonam's suggestion was implemented there could be a "Show all recent posts" link at the bottom of it.

This is good idea. I like it. Smile

Sonam

This could work as well. Its just something to see if people find a post that they find interesting in the select few that are currently trending. I find this on other forums to be quite useful in finding topics I wouldn't always pick up on because they may not be in a forum I look at regularly.