FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nuclear Weapon Free Iran Act of 2013

JoryRFerrell
[url] http://beta.congress.gov/113/bills/s1881/BILLS-113s1881pcs.pdf [/url]

This document talks about a treaty which Iran signed. This treaty was the The Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty. They signed it in 1968, and the United States government is trying to hold them to the agreement. However, this treaty was not a contract....it's just a treaty. If every country had signed a treaty against fighter jets at a time when only Germany had them, wouldn't we, 70 years later, decide, "Hey....you know what....I'd really like to have my own tomcat/harrier/f-35....they have one, and they aren't getting rid of theirs. So I should be able to have just as many."
To me, that sounds pretty fair. But I understand it doesn't to everyone.

To understand this situation better, maybe we should look at how America views other terrorist states with nuclear capabilities. Israel. There's a big name. Israel never even signed the NPT, and despite religious fundies running out of the wood work there, the US government seems unconcerned.
Also....Pakistan. Pakistan has a huge terrorism problem. Terrorist from Hezbollah are almost certainly training, recruiting, and fundraising in Pakistan, as they do where ever else is convenient.
Terrorists are also being trained and shacked up in Pakistan, and moving into operation sites in Afghanistan AND Iraq. But hey...they are cool....let em have some WMD's:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24823846

This article reminds us to not forget Saudi Arabia either. SA is deeply fundamentalist, and beheads foreign women in stadiums for protecting themselves from rapists. But when SA possibly makes plans to buy such weapons, well....they aren't "terroristy" enough for sanctions. That and they have lot's o' money and oil.

All of this said...I have stated before that there are a number of challenges in preventing Iran from having weapons.
For one: http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/09/uranium-mia/

Second, we can't prevent Iran from gathering raw material, and over time, making it's own weapons with out our store bought shake-and-bake material. They don't have to do it with our knowledge either. There is a limit to US intelligence as Iraq proves. As the Al-Shifa pharmaceutical factory in Sudan proved (and we later openly acknowledged, but shrugged our shoulders about: "So? We don't feel like crying right now..."). How are we supposed to prevent them from making completely legitimate mines where ever they please, and forming a refinery underground, for nuclear fissile material? And not just one, but many. What do you do about that? Iran is too poor for such an operation? Welllllllll....I am sure Hezbollah would have a utter ball with a fundraiser for supplying Iran with global funding from those interested in seeing a nuclear-armed Iran. Iran's income wouldn't need to dip a bit. It could all be supplied by terrorist funding...the building of underground facilities I mean.

http://govinfo.library.unt.edu/911/staff_statements/911_TerrFin_Ch2.pdf
http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/view/hezbollah-finances-funding-the-party-of-god

This should be something we take into account. There is nothing we can do to stop Iran from gathering the metals and materials needed to build centrifuges, taking them into the "mines" piecemeal as "replacement parts for digging equipment", and building their equipment in place.
They aren't trying to build a factory for barbie dolls. So I think it's safe to say they value such a project enough to go through the rig-a-marole of carrying out the building of such a difficult manufacturing facility. They aren't? So they are willing to risk nuclear war with the west, and many of our allies, to destroy Israel, but they don't have the grit to carry out such difficult plans? No, they aren't determined enough? Then why are we so sure they would immediately try to wipe out Israel?
If they aren't die-hard enough to go through with creating such weapons no matter what the cost or effort, are they really capable of starting a suicidal nuclear war? I don't think so. But then just because they do possibly circumvent our attempts at intervention would not necessarily mean they did in fact intend to use the weapons preemptively. So how should we react? Shouldn't we allow them to build nuclear weapons, while ensuring they understand the consequences of not behaving with said weapons? Shouldn't we attempt to bypass the Iranian government by ensuring the Iranian people understand what the west intends to do in the event of a nuclear launch against a non-imminent threat? We could probably gain more by setting up satellites in space which could beam information from the west, directly into Iran, bypassing the Iranian censorship. Holy shit...ain't that an constructive idea?

Well...I have talked quite a bit....what do you think?

1. Is Iran really too collectively "STOOPID" to understand that launching a nuclear weapon against Israel would be worst possible way of solving their problems?

2. Is Iran really too inept to create covert enrichment facilities despite every effort on our part to stop them?

3. Could Iran allow us to inspect the dis-assembly of open enrichment, while continuing production right under our unsuspecting noses? Wouldn't that mean that freaking out over non-covert facilities is a bit....retarded?

4. Is Iran any different morally from our supposed allies (Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Israel, or any other human-rights violating nation) who are not undergoing US-sponsored sanctions ?

5. Does it make us (any and all "good guys"...) look bad to ignore all these points?

PS...I will respond more promptly to this discussion. Just been busy scheming so I got in a habit of creating topics and letting them drift. Rolling Eyes
JoryRFerrell
Sooooooo.....no one wishes to talk about an issue which according to the US government is a dire threat to global security? Hmmmmm...
mqmpakistani
In an ideal world, Iran should be the best ally of US and the West in this region. Sadly, the situation is totally opposite.

US and West have allies in form of Saudia and their the countries that follow Saudia (like Pakistan and UAE etc.)

At the same time Saudia and Pakistan are the biggest centers of al-Qaida and extreme Salafi Islam.

As compared to Saudia, Iranian nation is really very well educated and civilized nation.

If you go to Iran, you will be surprised to see the progress they have made and their civilization.

Once again, it is better for both Iran and the West to redefine their attitudes towards each other.

I will write about it in details soon.
adampatrick
they just think different to us, does not make them any better or worse
jmraker
JoryRFerrell wrote:
1. Is Iran really too collectively "STOOPID" to understand that launching a nuclear weapon against Israel would be worst possible way of solving their problems?

The worst possible way of solving their problems would be for them to use da-bomb on themselves.

JoryRFerrell wrote:
2. Is Iran really too inept to create covert enrichment facilities despite every effort on our part to stop them?

That's why every room in every building needs to inspected or monitored 24 hours a day in every country. The NSA can go drunk with unaccountable power. Signs in the bathroom can say "Don't enrich your waste, we're watching", and those novelty FBI joke shirts will no longer be novelty because uhhhh... freedom!
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m517/KYLE-D1/American%20Dad/ADRogerNMe0040.jpg
http://www.teesnthings.com/fbi-t-shirt.aspx

JoryRFerrell wrote:
3. Could Iran allow us to inspect the dis-assembly of open enrichment, while continuing production right under our unsuspecting noses? Wouldn't that mean that freaking out over non-covert facilities is a bit....retarded?

The non-covert facilities were probably once covert facilities. Any big flashing signs saying "Government Radioactive Material Enrichment Building" were probably added afterwards.

JoryRFerrell wrote:
4. Is Iran any different morally from our supposed allies (Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Israel, or any other human-rights violating nation) who are not undergoing US-sponsored sanctions ?

Iran has a totally different morality, they want to bring violent death to america, where the others want to see america fall, suffer and then die like infidel dogs, and some of them want to convert us to 7th century slaves of their religion. There's diversity of morality and I guess Israel's morality fits into one of them.

JoryRFerrell wrote:
5. Does it make us (any and all "good guys"...) look bad to ignore all these points?

No, don't think about the children, or the children's children either. Close your eyes to everything and go back to sleep. Nothing bad can ever happen again.