FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Win 8 or Win 7

Which do you like better?
Windows 7
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Windows 8
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

AJFlyHigh8
Hey, I'm making a poll to see what Fri host users like best. So, what do you like best Windows 8 or Windows 7. Feel free to defend your reason.

For example (this is my choice with defense). I like Windows 8 better because, I think that it is almost the same as Windows 7, except it has more! With stuff like apps, it's hard not the enjoy. The ONLY downside about Windows 8 from Windows 7 is that Windows 8 takes up more RAM and tends to be slower. I know, I know, just buy more RAM. I don't have the money to send on stuff like that. That is why I am trying to get a free host...

I look forward to seeing your posts!

~AJ Very Happy
cybersa
Always Windows 7 for me.

I don't like the Windows 8 Metro start screen.It makes me difficult to search.I feel like two os running on my computer Win 8 and Metro os.
KneeDeep
Work gave me an MSDN subscription so I have installed 8.1 at home. I still have 7 running in a VM. I am quite happy with 8.1. Much faster boot times, and feels more responsive. Windows 8 was bad, and was saved by the 8.1 update.
Pavalan
AJFlyHigh8 wrote:
Hey, I'm making a poll to see what Fri host users like best. So, what do you like best Windows 8 or Windows 7. Feel free to defend your reason.

For example (this is my choice with defense). I like Windows 8 better because, I think that it is almost the same as Windows 7, except it has more! With stuff like apps, it's hard not the enjoy. The ONLY downside about Windows 8 from Windows 7 is that Windows 8 takes up more RAM and tends to be slower. I know, I know, just buy more RAM. I don't have the money to send on stuff like that. That is why I am trying to get a free host...

~AJ Very Happy

I was using Windows 7 for a long while, 3 years, but I like Windows 8 now 'cos I got a touch screen laptop as well. Smile
Peterssidan
I don't use WIndows on a regular basis but I enough to prefer Windows 7. WIndows 8 seems more designed towards portable devices and less suitable for traditional computers.
standready
I don't care for windows 7 or 8. I will stick with my XP until some 'must have' hardware or software will not run on it.
jackyxie
AJFlyHigh8 wrote:

~AJ Very Happy

windows 8 has limitation in user experience thought it looks beautiful
standready
Well I just got a deal on a computer with Windows 7 professional (64 bit) on it. So I am curiously waiting . I purchased after listening to many complain about Windows 8. Figured I best grab 7 while I still could since my XP system is 8 years old.
moncong
i love windows 7 better than windows eight, since windows eight more compatible for touch screen..
correct me if i m wrong
johans
I will go for windows 8. 1

I'm not going to have a touch screen. I have heard that Windows 8 is faster, but I don't really know by how much faster it really is. When Windows 7 was out, it said it was faster than Vista. But it turns out that it takes up so much of my computer's memory that it starts to lag pretty badly. I'm worried that Windows 8 is going to be even more memory-hungry. My main reason for changing my desktop is for it to run faster because my current one is lagging too much.
Pippo90
Now I got used to Windows 8, and I prefer it. In particular, I like the already installed Windows antivirus and the related performance tuning utility.
Gregoric
Nice to read some positive opinions on Windows 8. Hopefully the gossip about Windows 9 being released as a free system and Microsoft having learned about the mistakes from Windows 8 will release even better system than 8/8.1 are.

My experience with Windows 8 is not so extensive, I have used it only few times. I can admit however, that Windows 7 gave me a feeling of being far more usable and user-friendly. But well, the individual experiences are individual so everyone has their own one.
aayushsrivastava14
Windows 8 is just bakwas!
hown
My pick is windows7.
I simply dislike the metro interface since i dont have a touchscreen monitor.
Nyasro
I am using Windows 8 and i think
windows 8 is better than 7
StriderVM
When it is possible to easily tinker with the OS to remove it's own bloatware I generally move to that OS. Currently my OS is Windows 7, but that just happened about 2 years ago.
playfungames
I choose Windows 7.

It is because:
-I have been using Windows 7 for quite sometime and I am not much to complain about this OS. Gets my things done.
-I tried using Windows 8 in my friend's laptop for sometime. I couldn't do anything in it. I was so confused. Everything looked so different. It didn't feel that user friendly for me.
-I also read a lot about criticisms of Windows 8 and I think it is another Windows Vista, full of complaints. I am pretty sure that Windows 8 was designed for devices with touch screens. I am used to using normal laptops in my home. I don't have the need to have a touchscreen PC. In mobiles it is a different case though. I probably cannot live without a touch screen mobile and Windows 8 was designed with that in mind. But I like Android phones.
Marcuzzo
I've been working on Windows 8.1 Test machines for a while and at first it was strange to work with it.
once you get used to not having the start menu that we've been using since forever you are good to go.
today I actually had my work laptop upgraded to 8.1. no complaints yet.

the start screen can be customized, I've only added a few tiles and I'm working off of the desktop most of the times but if you need to search for something it's incredibly easy.
just hit the window key and start typing ( wait a minute... wasn't this already implemented in Vista and 7 .... Cool

the start screen looks scary and you can't seem to find your way around the system, but most things are found in the same place.

I've got my cmd pinned to the taskbar and open most of the times if I need to launch something when running the command is faster then click, click, click. for intance the Remove Program Control panel... I just run it with "appwiz.cpl"
jajarvin
I have just moved from Xp to 7. I find win7 is quit easy to learn and I have had no problems.