FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Zealand

nelson
Just a couple of months ago; I went to New Zealand with my family to visit my uncle's house in Wellington (Capital of New Zealand). We stayed there for 2 weeks. I used to visit its all famous attractions. I visited the Auckland Zoo, Milford Sound, Sky Tower, Fiordland National Park, Tongariro National Park and Coronet Peak and enjoyed my stay in New Zealand a lot. I want to suggest you to must visit these places because these are the most viewable attractions there.
Possum
As a New Zealander I approve of this post. well done... There are also lots of secret places where you can go to be just by yourself and nature. And of course the dog..(Walkies)
jackbreat
NewZeaLand is the one of the Peaceful coutries. There is so much greenery.
amagard
Yep, New Zealand has been a must-visit country for me too. I have been there in 2000 and in 2009 together with my wife; here is my blog posting about the latter trip. And here is a link to my Flickr photo album about my trip in year 2000. At this time I used to take real slides and thus had to scan those in later to convert them to digital. And here is my photo collection from the 2009 trip. Enjoy watching and getting inspired what to do and what to see in this terrific country !
Possum
Great selection of photos..Sadly the Christchurch Cathedral is no longer there..
amagard
Yes, that's one of the dramatic down sides of New Zealand: being the "Shaky Isles"
Nevertheless that Cathedral seems to be used to this: The cathedral had been damaged previously by earthquakes in 1881, 1888, 1901, 1922 and 2010.
Here is an article with a photo how it looks like today. Very sad, indeed ...

And there are many ideas how it could look like in the future, like this one:
Possum
I hope they build the one in the photo.. It looks great!
deanhills
That was a fantastic blog post Amagard. I'm particularly interested in the part about the Fiji Islands. If you were to return to Fiji, would you visit a different part of Fiji out of preference to the island you ended up visiting or would you recommend the island as the best place to travel to in Fiji? What is life like in Fiji? Did you see many expats around?
asandersdesign
I've always wanted to go there, but it's so expensive (and such a long flight from America). Maybe someday~!!
Pippo90
I would really love to go there.
maciej2p
J would go to Cuba once again
and you?
oliviafoster01
NewZeaLand is the peaceful country. TWeather also remains constant here.
Possum
Quote:
NewZeaLand is the peaceful country. TWeather also remains constant here.

Yes we like it over here.
mikeperhem1
New Zealand is an beautiful, photogenic and friendly country offering visitors unbeatable changes for adventure and exploration. Best Tourist Attractions in New Zealand:
Coromandel Peninsula
Abel Tasman National Park
Sky Tower
Napier Art Deco
Tongariro National Park
jajarvin
jackbreat wrote:
NewZeaLand is the one of the Peaceful coutries.

The Global Peace Index (GPI) is an attempt to measure the relative position of nations' and regions' peacefulness.
The most peaceful countries have these features:

Code:
The main findings of the Global Peace Index are:

Peace is correlated to indicators such as income, schooling and the level of regional integration
    Peaceful countries often shared high levels of transparency of government and low corruption
    Small, stable countries which are part of regional blocks are most likely to get a higher ranking.

On Global Peace Index rankings list NewZeaLand had #4 rank.
danill
Would anyone like to provides me a proper guidelines about the Abel Tasman National Park. My younger brother wants to visit there and he have no more information about it. Here I want to know guys have you any idea that which will be the best time and best reservation to visit this park.
amagard
deanhills wrote:
That was a fantastic blog post Amagard. I'm particularly interested in the part about the Fiji Islands. If you were to return to Fiji, would you visit a different part of Fiji out of preference to the island you ended up visiting or would you recommend the island as the best place to travel to in Fiji? What is life like in Fiji? Did you see many expats around?

Deanhills, I would go for that small island again. We stayed there for scuba diving and it was just such a nice place to relax. If you want to study life on Fiji you might want to go to the main island to see how people live there. On that small island there was just this small hotel resort, no Fiji people living there. But there are other small islands just for the locals; they came over by boat every morning and one time we visited their island. Somehow they are poor people, no big villas there, just little huts, but they live in paradise and are happy all the time.

We had been looking for a quiet and peaceful place like that one, especially after our long trip thru New Zealand, to really relax and enjoy sand, water, and the sun.
amagard
asandersdesign wrote:
I've always wanted to go there, but it's so expensive (and such a long flight from America). Maybe someday~!!

asandersdesign, depends on where you live in US. Roughly 11 hours from west coast ( LA ) or 16 hours from east coast ( NY ).
From Frankfurt in Europe it took us 24 hours to New Zealand plus 3 hours to Fiji, and that was just time in the air, without the waiting time in Hongkong.
asaf
I spent three months in New-Zealand and enjoyed every moment. The southern island is the most beautiful and interesting one, I'll add Fox Glacier to your list. In the northern island Tongariro crossing was the most beautiful track. I recommend this location for everyone.
Sivara
My husband and I would really love to visit New Zealand properly someday. We've been to Auckland for a day, and it was nice, but that was just sort of a taster for our next visit. We have heard that it's really popular to rent a camper van and drive and just camp anywhere, but I'm wondering if anyone has done this before and can give any tips?
- Is it true that you can park just about anywhere and camp?
- Any recommendations for best (or least expensive) companies to rent camper vans from?

Any thoughts would be welcome!
Possum
Auckland is just another Big City.

North of Auckland is Northland, which is much better..

That South Island is better than the north. Mountains, Fiords and Lakes..

Camping..
http://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recreation/places-to-stay/stay-at-a-campsite/freedom-camping/
Angel00
Guys, I really liked all of your positive comments about New Zealand. That';s truly a heaven on earth. I Have been explored this incredible place and had a lot of fun time there. I'm sure that m,y experience will be really good while visiting the place. They just offers a lot of the amazing stuff, I think it will be a good recommendation for all of you.
figola
If New Zealand is a good idea, how can one do relocation from Africa.
airh3ad
Im planning to migrate to this country if i have money. they said that New Zealand was a place, prior to travelling, I knew very little about. I thought Australia would be the highlight for me on my first ever RTW trip. It turned out it wasnt. New Zealand upstaged Australia in every way possible. It had everything. Every single town/stop off has something for you and every single thing is different. There honestly isnt a thing I can think of that New Zealand doesnt have. Simon Flood at LADventurers

New Zealand is exactly on the other side of the world from where I grew up, and since I was a child I really wanted to visit just for that reason. Nowadays it is not only the remoteness but the many varied and simply stunning landscapes that attract me. Im a very outdoorsy and adventurous kind of person, so I love all that New Zealand has to offer to the active traveller. On top of that, in the years that I have lived in London I have made quite a few kiwi friends , and their laid-back no-nonsense culture suits me really well. When Im in NZ, I just love being in the mountains, cycling around the lakes, or being active outdoors in general. Its got a very creative and quirky vibe, friendly, down-to-earth people, and great coffee. a very nice place and people.
Insanity
I like New Zealand. Some of my family comes from there and we visit every so often. Beautiful country.