FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who played/plays Descent ?

criticaldensity
Ok, im showing my age but who here has played or is still playing Descent 1, 2 or 3 ?
Lisianthus
uhmm screenshots please? And whats it about ? is it fun ? Razz
rip8fan1
For screen shots and a description:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/descent/index.html

I played this game a ton when it first came out. Talk about vertigo!!

I never really got into the 2nd and 3rd versions, but the first one was a classic!!![/img]
rapidfire
i played descent 2.. lol.. AGES ago.. was really fun and could only play for a while b4 i got dizzy
SunburnedCactus
That was one crazy game. First I've heard about it for ages.
ManweSulimo
I played a Descent game ages ago. I don't know which one it was. I think part 2. I was about 9 at the time. It was probably the first 3D computer game I ever played. At the time I only had an Amstrad with 10 mHz so 3D games wouldn't work on it. I played it at my grandpa's house, who had a really cool new computer (100 mHz). It was the only game he had.

Man, it was so damn hard! I'd never played a 3D game before so it made me dizzy. I don't think I could use the mouse for some reason so I had to play with the keyboard alone. And because I had no idea about computers I was even too dumb to understand how to save and load (Don't ask me how I worked out how the game works though).
I loved the game and I was determined to improve so I eventually even made it to level 4 or so without saving.

Those were good ol times. Now I'm 17 and I'm an experienced gamer and programmer. I like to look back at how it all started off and see how far I've come.
Jeff_vella_leone
ManweSulimo wrote:
I played a Descent game ages ago. I don't know which one it was. I think part 2. I was about 9 at the time. It was probably the first 3D computer game I ever played. At the time I only had an Amstrad with 10 mHz so 3D games wouldn't work on it. I played it at my grandpa's house, who had a really cool new computer (100 mHz). It was the only game he had.

Man, it was so damn hard! I'd never played a 3D game before so it made me dizzy. I don't think I could use the mouse for some reason so I had to play with the keyboard alone. And because I had no idea about computers I was even too dumb to understand how to save and load (Don't ask me how I worked out how the game works though).
I loved the game and I was determined to improve so I eventually even made it to level 4 or so without saving.

Those were good ol times. Now I'm 17 and I'm an experienced gamer and programmer. I like to look back at how it all started off and see how far I've come.

wow lol very gj, took u ages to stage 4 lol without saving i bet Wink
i saw the game ages ago too, i think i was 8 at my dad house on his new playstation, well it was only the demo of the first Descent so u can immagine how much we r travelling in the past, now im 18 nearly 19.
well i was a good gamer even at 8 lol, on ps u dont have mouse and u have to use the directionals and u cant save, only after passing the level, well after passing the level the demo finished lol.
but i managed not to die once very time i played the demo allthough i had much better games than Descent at that time so it wasnt my first 3d game.
think the first was Gran Turismo, old days but i had the demo the same day i had Granturismo, my dad bought them at the same time along with other games. I bet Descent got first on ps then on pc, ammasing how pc was so late for gaming, don't know really y. I think at the time was more likely to think that pc isnt made for games, but today is more like that without a pc u cant say ur a gamer lol
after at 9 years old i got the game but i stoped playen it mostly not because if u play it over 1 hr u get dizzy but more because my dad didnt like it so i couldnt play it much, he liked tomb raider and granturismo too much and still today he plays only those games god damit.
still nice to remember the old days lol
well i like the game a little, if i have to play it today i play it but not with the same spirit for sure, i will take 10 min break after every level for sure, i still have the game somewhere in my house with a lot of dust on it.
I think im going to install an emulator and play it just for fun lol till i get bored, its just too outdated today but if i dont have anything to do i will play it.
well nice replies to a good old topic
lockwolf
I beat Descent, Almost beat Descent 2 and never really played descent 3 even though I own it.
Nightwisher
I played this great game long time ago ! But i lose any of this cd ! But thanks i forgot for this game i try to find shop and buy it for my home archive this is great sf shoter game !

Thank you so much !

Kindly Regards
Nightwisher
SilverDogg
i played them all, but i cant remember if i managed to beat any of them =/. have to check that up i guess =D
dcshoes23
wow, i still remember those games, i loved them, used to play them like crazy. it seemed so good back in the day, it's probably a lot worse than how i remember though, lol

Thanks
LumberJack
criticaldensity wrote:
Ok, im showing my age but who here has played or is still playing Descent 1, 2 or 3 ?

Oh my, that takes me back. Such a wonderful, yet wasted childhood Wink

I loved descent Very Happy
Mr_Grey
I play descent 3
liddobaka
does Descent Freespace 1 and 2 count? They're different from the original Descent. But I've always thought of the Freespace series to be the model of great action space flight sims.