FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The all new imgur contest - 100 coins

truespeed
It's back.

A little different this time,instead of just submitting a single image,you have a month to post as many images using your imgur account as you want,your highest scoring image will be counted in the contest.

To ensure fairness,you have to sumbit your first imgur image in this thread so I know from where you have entered the contest and I can see and check the points all your images thereafter.

In short.

Create an imgur account if you don't already have one.
Submit a link to your first image here.
Sumbit as many images to imgur as you want over the next 30 days,and the person with the highest single points scoring post wins.

The contest will end on the 17th february.

If you're unclear of any of the rules please ask and I will clarify.

ps: I will also be entering the contest. Wink
deanhills
OK, here's my first one .... Very Happy

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/U3AnCid.jpg[/IMG]
truespeed
I will keep an ongoing leaderboard.

So far only Dean has submitted an image.

Dean 3pts
Peterssidan
I'm going to enter very soon. I just need to borrow a camera and take some pictures first.
truespeed
Peterssidan wrote:
I'm going to enter very soon. I just need to borrow a camera and take some pictures first.

They don't have to be your original images,they can be anything,something you found on the net,a gif,a meme,perhaps even a collection of pictures in one post,a top 10 of something or other.

I have just opened an account and my first image is this,I know it won't get many points but it is just to put me on the leaderboard. Smile
watersoul
I'll have a go with a few pics lurking on my hard drive, I'll probably just use my own here, may try to take some new ones just for the contest but here's the first for now...

Code:
http://i.imgur.com/0GjyezF.png

http://imgur.com/gallery/0GjyezF

*Edit* Haha, mine has gone -3 points in only 20 minutes or so already!
This is going to be a funny contest to watch Smile
truespeed
It is a good idea to see what is on the front page (top scoring for that day) It gives you an idea as to what is popular.
watersoul
truespeed wrote:
It is a good idea to see what is on the front page (top scoring for that day) It gives you an idea as to what is popular.
Ah, I don't really care to be honest, it'll be an interesting experiment to see exactly how unpopular my pics are on this image site! Wink
truespeed
Leaderboard

Watersoul 10pts
truespeed 8pts
Deanhills 3pts
Peterssidan
Ok, here is my best image so far. I might take more pictures later.
truespeed
Leaderboard

truespeed 36pts
Watersoul 10pts
Peterssidan 7pts
Deanhills 3pts
watersoul
Tried a different angle, got 16 really quick points with an old pic of my cat Molly:
http://imgur.com/gallery/c4lWMW0
truespeed
Good tactic,Cats are popular on imgur.
watersoul
truespeed wrote:
Good tactic,Cats are popular on imgur.

Haha, seems less about the pics and more about the target audience/current trends!
Comments seem less of a mosh pit than on youtube though, so I'm finding a mild amount of entertainment being an Imgur user for now.
truespeed
Leaderboard

truespeed 44pts
Watersoul 18pts
Peterssidan 9pts
Deanhills 3pts
sonam
Ok here is mine. Smile

Sonam
Peterssidan
sonam wrote:
[img]http://imgur.com/0nLHEjh[/img]

Why I don't see image???

Click "images" in the top right corner. Click on the image. Change "Original Image" to "Large thumbnail" to avoid that the image is too big in the forum. Copy the BBCode field to your Frihost forum post.

Before people can vote on your image you also need to submit it to the gallery. You can do that by clicking "Submit to public gallery" on the same page as the BBCode that you copied.
sonam
Ah, have some problem with imgur because I was upload full image from comp. Confused But, now is OK. Wink

Sonam
sonam
Peterssidan wrote:
sonam wrote:
[img]http://imgur.com/0nLHEjh[/img]

Why I don't see image???

Click "images" in the top right corner. Click on the image. Change "Original Image" to "Large thumbnail" to avoid that the image is too big in the forum. Copy the BBCode field to your Frihost forum post.

Before people can vote on your image you also need to submit it to the gallery. You can do that by clicking "Submit to public gallery" on the same page as the BBCode that you copied.

Thanks for instructions. I didn't realize this "Submit to public gallery" link. Embarassed Now, I know what to do. Only what I don't like is pop-up what is coming up every time when I reload index page.

Sonam
truespeed

This is still the leading image.

I will update the leaderboard tomorrow.
watersoul
truespeed wrote:
This is still the leading image.
...It is rather lovely though, I'd like that in big print on my wall.
truespeed
Leaderboard

truespeed 44pts
Watersoul 24pts
Peterssidan 9pts
Sonam - 4pts
Deanhills 3pts
Peterssidan
This contest ends very soon so people that want to take part need to hurry. There is still a few hours left I think. Don't think you have no chance just because you enter the contest late. After you have submitted an image to the gallery people will start finding your image but it will soon fall out sight (unless you have a very popular image I guess) so the extra time will not help much. All my images got their votes they have today in the first hours after I submitted them.
truespeed
Looks like I won this.

Thanks to everyone who took part.
Peterssidan
truespeed wrote:
Looks like I won this.

Congratulations truespeed! Wink
Josso
Not surprised that is a really nice shot
Blaster
Lets try this again but lets have a theme to it this time. Something like the weather, nice cars, sports, cold beer.
truespeed
Blaster wrote:
Lets try this again but lets have a theme to it this time. Something like the weather, nice cars, sports, cold beer.

You're welcome to start another contest Blaster,I will leave it up to you to choose the theme. Wink
sonam
truespeed wrote:
Looks like I won this.

Congratulations truespeed! Very Happy

@Blaster
Jeah, the theme will give more interesting contest. My suggestion is accept only original shoots. Wink

Sonam
deanhills
That is an awesome pic. Congrats Truespeed! Dancing
cybersa
truespeed wrote:
Looks like I won this.

Congratulations.