FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pakistan 15yr old killed stopping school bomber

watersoul
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25663992
Quote:
Tributes have been pouring in for a Pakistani teenager who was killed on Monday when he tackled a suicide bomber targeting his school in the Hangu area.

Aitzaz Hasan, 15, was with friends outside school when they spotted a man wearing a suicide vest.

Despite the pleas of his fellow students, he decided to confront and capture the bomber who then detonated his vest
Wow, just wow.
The bravery of this lad humbled me when I heard it on the radio today. Such a tragic loss of life, but how many were saved by his intervention.
I hope his death is remembered by his school/town/nation for such an incredible act. Totally humbled by his story and saddened at the reminder of how much hatred is carried out in the name of religion, and not even different religions this time, just off-shoots - Muslim fighting Muslim (Shia versus Sunni) can it really get any more pointless and pathetic than that?
...backward brainwashed bloody thirsty barbarians Crying or Very sad
coolclay
Definitely an amazing story. It is so heartening to see the youth of a nation have more strength and courage to stand up for what is right than most of the adults. He definitely deserves recognition if for no other reason than to become a role model for others in the country.
watersoul
coolclay wrote:
He definitely deserves recognition if for no other reason than to become a role model for others in the country.
I hope he is an example of (and for) his generation.
Killing others over religious differences is not a very good advert for people who build their arguments on faith alone. It could even be argued to be a bit stone-age in my opinion.
bukaida
May be the elders will take some lessons from this. The new generation does not want violence under any cost. Why can't we let them live in peace ?