FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Star Wars vs Star Trek!





Mr_Grey
Ok, I know this has been done on about a million sites, but lets get some input here. Which one do you like better? I wanna see some good arguments here for each side, not one sentance replies. I personally like Star Wars better, because it has the whole saga thing going for it and its more epic. However, Star Trek has it beat on the technical side, seeing as how every bit of technology is explained in depth. Now that I've had my say, its your turn. Which one do you like better?
morningstar
Hi, my favorite is also the star wars saga, because there are much better Applause aliens than in star trek, e.g.


The aliens in star trek are always very laughable like this Think :
rapidfire
I love the old star wars but episode I and II were kinda of a dissapointment. Well its all finished now i guess.. they should make another starwars Very Happy
morningstar
Yeah, agree
althalus
I used to say Star Wars, mostly since I haven't seen that many movies in the Star Trek saga, but after the later installments of Starwars (I-III) I find myself a bit neutral between the two. (I can't stand the new movies).. I'd probably still go with Star Wars, since I quite like the episodes IV-VI, but I don't see anything bad about Star Trek either.

I saw one of the Trek-movies, I believe it was the second one, when I was 11-12 something and it was pretty cool. (Been wanting to see it again, because of a scene involving larvas (?) and ears. I'll say no more. Wink )

morningstar wrote:
The aliens in star trek are always very laughable like this Think :
And the alien in the pic above isn't laughable? His looks. His voice. His icky tongue. His very being. Laughable. Wink

But yeah, most aliens of Star Trek resemble humanoids in one way or another, and they all seem to know english.. Razz

Oh well, ramble ramble. Wink
fabfour
I prefer Star Trek, if only by virtue of the fact that it is (was) in the medium of television. The premise allowed exploration of any number of philosophical, social ideas while still telling a good story and give us action. I especially liked "The Next Generation" as it represented a strong humanist philosophy, the idea that one should do good because one's fellow beings deserve it, not for some supposed eternal reward.
Mr_Grey
Awesome guys! This is what I'm talking about. I liked the Star trek movies, but I felt that the tv series was lacking alot. As for the Prequel star wars movies, I gotta say I agree about ep. 1 and 2. 3 was completely KA though! In episode 1, iI couldn't stand that little kid they cast as Anakin. And then in episode 2, they made him out to be this emotional sissy crybaby. It all just stunk on ice. However, I do like who they got to play Obi Wan. He does look like Sir Alec Guiness!
iheartnoodles
star wars all the way!
memsa
Although the original Star Wars trilogy was ground breaking and epic in its scope and vision Star Trek has persisted, mutated evolved and until the premature demise of the Enterprise series some new Star Trek endeavour has always been on the boil. The Star Wars "prequels" have been, from my perhaps biased viewpoint, have been less successful than the original. In contrast I actually think the Star Trek movies were getting better though I was disappointed by Nemesis.
nakamaru
Star Wars pwn3s. Get away Trekies! I said back!
VIPER VENOM
LOVED the new star wars movie. but nothing will ever beat out star trek
Thug
Star Wars owns Star Trek any day i think.... Aint that right mr spock? Rolling Eyes
kumaresh
I liked Star Trek better because The new generation season had several point of views that helps people in the daily life.
Mr_Grey
While I may live and die in the Force, I still grok Spock.
Goatmonkey
I personally like Star wars better. I think this is because I never really understood alot of star trek stuff and Star wars has Jedi who have really cool powers and I have not seen much of that is Star Trek.
hangnhu
Star Wars, beat Star Trek any days, come on, one can easily fall asleep in Star Trek because the movies is so long winded, plus the plotlines are really thin. A bunch of people travelling in space in search of new worlds, I rather sit down to planet of the app for that.

also, in star wars, who wouldn't want to be a jedi, going to a galaxy far far away Razz
okay, I know the first three episoad of star wars are not as good as the old saga, comeon george lucas did his best, and beside film technology is different now.

Star Wars alway!!!!!
Dean_The_Great
Well, the epic battle has begun! Who will win?!

In my books I prefer Star Trek, although I think that the two are not as comparable as people think.

Here's what they have in common:

-Outer Space
-Space Battles
-Interesting Gadgets
-Interesting Aliens

Here's what they're different in:

-One in future, one a long time ago.
-One in our galaxy, one in one far far away.
-One ten movies, 6 series; one six movies, one series.
-Intention

I find that the last on the difference lists should be explained. George Lucas set to make an incredible film out of a book he had written. He then broke it into nine parts to make. It's a saga that is meant to have itself and itself alone. Star Trek is very different. Star Trek uses philosophy to create stories, stories which are stand-alone, or can be strung together. Stories that in some cases will never truly resolve. The idea behind either of those things were different.

Which do I like better? Trek, if I had to compare the two, but I have no objection to peaceful co-existance.
Tjcrazy
Mines would probably be star wars because of the better graphics. But star trek has a better storyline.
lazaruz
Star Trek hands down.

Star Wars offers a pure fictional story in contrast to Star Trek wich I belive to be more real life. Sure it depends on how open minded you are and I am very Very Happy.

The fact remains that a lot of the stuff shown on Star Trek has inspired a lot of inventions to come to life wich I find cool and I like the technical aspect of the show.
Kd527
I love both of them. I really can't say one is better than the other. They're both great. It's hard to compare them, though, because they're two different kinds of stories. STAR TREK isn't supposed to be an always warring galaxy. It's more of an exploration, scientific, sometimes phylisophical story. But I love both of them (including their books).
hangnhu
lazaruz wrote:
Star Trek hands down.
Star Wars offers a pure fictional story in contrast to Star Trek wich I belive to be more real life. Sure it depends on how open minded you are and I am very Very Happy.
The fact remains that a lot of the stuff shown on Star Trek has inspired a lot of inventions to come to life wich I find cool and I like the technical aspect of the show.


I disagree with you there, I know that Star Trek reflect real life, but in some ways so is Star Wars, I think you are thinking Jedi and light sabra, fictional, but if you look at the life, the political issues and story over all and beyond the adventures plotline, I think you fine it very much life, real and basically resemble us today

I haven't watch all sci fi, but I believe most of them are very much saying this is life, we are alien, we're in a galaxy far away (ain't we?)

anyway, Star Wars still win me Razz much more fun, Trek too boring
life issue, I don't think I should write more, my words are all mumble jumble and I don't want to drags you guys into H.G.Well or Arthur Clarks work's
startsomething
I like star wars because it's epic, and kind of brings out the child within...
But I also like Star Trek, because it looks to the future, and is more scientific.

They are both great classics!
darthrevan
startsomething wrote:
I like star wars because it's epic, and kind of brings out the child within...
But I also like Star Trek, because it looks to the future, and is more scientific.

They are both great classics!


In my opinion Stash Wars could also be in the future as well because of the technology involved in it. Of course I know it says a long time ago
silverdown
I like Star Wars, I haven't yet seen the Clone Wars but I am getting around to it eventually.
darthrevan
silverdown wrote:
I like Star Wars, I haven't yet seen the Clone Wars but I am getting around to it eventually.


I have watched then all but the seasons.
Radar
I don't know.

I think the best thing about Star Wars is the fact that it is universally loved, or at the very least, has been universally seen. You can't say that about Star Trek. Sure, millions of people, but you can't just assume that people have seen it the way that you can with Star Wars.

Star Wars, then.
welshsteve
They are different to be honest. On the films side Star Ward I think has the upper hand for me personally, but I do like Star Trek. The TV series are good, although some of the acting in the early Next Generation series' was pretty ropey, and it goes without saying the acting was hilarious int he original series.
darthrevan
I like the story of star wars the weapons and the powers the Jedi and sith have
RosenCruz
Epic revive after 7 years Very Happy


Quote:
In my opinion Stash Wars could also be in the future as well because of the technology involved in it. Of course I know it says a long time ago
dude_xyx
I have been a star wars fan ever since I had watch it for first time when I was 9-10 years old. I'm sure I watched Star Strek old series before I watched Star wars but I hadn't had the same feeling about it.
slimviking
Mr_Grey wrote:
Ok, I know this has been done on about a million sites, but lets get some input here. Which one do you like better?


Star trek is a space opera science fiction.

Star wars is more fantasy than science fiction.

Star wars is better, more realism, more political plots, less retarded aliens, less '60 camp
_AVG_
I haven't seen much Star Trek but I'd have to say I like it better. One possible reason could be because Star Wars has much more epic emotion whereas Star Trek is more technical with some more interesting sci-fi concepts (eg. Warp 3 analogous to Mach 3, etc.)
mgeek
Star Trek. That's it.
manverupl
STAR WARS and only this.
Blummer
Two different worlds and philosophies. I haven't watch all of the Star Trek, but I consider the fact that it has influenced generation in some other way. As much as SW did.
darthrevan
I still prefer Star Wars. What do you guys think the newest Star Wars movies will be like? So far it seems to be about their kids, wonder if it will show Jacen turn to the dark side?
pravojednostavno
I prefer Star Trek
dude_xyx
I think all those spaceships, space battles and characters like Vader makes Star Wars something unforgettable. I think Star Trek trying to catch up. Their newer movies are pretty good!
amagard
Star Wars is more exciting.
I am actually not a big fan of Star Trek. The original TV series became a bit boring after a while. But I admit: I have watched it a lot as a kid. It was a classic science fiction TV show these days.
Also the movies, especially the first Star Trek movie didn't make me jump out of my chair. The second one however - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - is quiet good. Also I like the new series of Star Ttrek movies, however don't have seen yet Star Trek Into The Darkness. This one is still waiting on my disk recorder at home for a free slot in my calendar Wink .
plagu3is
As HC Star Wars I must choose Star Wars :p
But I'm actually more expanded universe fan than movies fan.
spinout
hm back in the day I would have choosen Space 1999. More horror to it.
Related topics
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Movies and Television

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.