FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Games for Linux

zacky
I been using Linux quite for long time now and sometimes when I get bored, I tend to finding myself looking for some games. I tried the following games in Linux but still finding some great games.

1. Left for Dead 2 - Steam
2. Counter Strike 1.6 - using Wine
3. SuperTuxKart
4. HedgeWars
5. Lugaru
6. 0 A.D
7. Alien Arena
8. Open Arena
9. Nexuiz
10. Wold of Goo

Take note, I am using 12.04 LTS Ubuntu distro.

It would be great to hear as well from you guys here.
william
With Steam Machines, I imagine Linux gaming is going to grow at an exponential rate. I'm going to give a nod to the first game that came to my mind: Bastion. It's one of the most fun action-RPGs I've ever played. The narration is superb and the art style is beautiful. Also, pretty sure you don't need to use Wine to run Counter Strike 1.6, I think it was released on Linux.

Check this out. I think the Linux gaming future is bright, seeing major titles like Metro: Last Light and nearly all of Valve's catalog being ported over. I remember I used to only play Nexuiz on my Linux partition (ran so much better than it did on Windows), but now it could see myself playing so much more.
Peterssidan
I try to stay with games that are free software (open source). I have played various games but one of the games I have played the most on Linux is WarMUX (previously named Wormux) but nowadays don't play games very often. I have to admit I sometimes play old non-free games in DOSBox and ScummVM.
cybersa
I Play only Mines in Linux.

But good to hear,these games are working on linux.

Quote:
1. Left for Dead 2 - Steam
2. Counter Strike 1.6 - using Wine
3. SuperTuxKart
4. HedgeWars
5. Lugaru
6. 0 A.D
7. Alien Arena
8. Open Arena
9. Nexuiz
10. Wold of Goo

My Favorite Left for Dead 2
zacky
william wrote:
With Steam Machines, I imagine Linux gaming is going to grow at an exponential rate. I'm going to give a nod to the first game that came to my mind: Bastion. It's one of the most fun action-RPGs I've ever played. The narration is superb and the art style is beautiful. Also, pretty sure you don't need to use Wine to run Counter Strike 1.6, I think it was released on Linux.

Check this out. I think the Linux gaming future is bright, seeing major titles like Metro: Last Light and nearly all of Valve's catalog being ported over. I remember I used to only play Nexuiz on my Linux partition (ran so much better than it did on Windows), but now it could see myself playing so much more.

Thanks for the link William. However I really prefer open source and free games only though sometimes when I enjoy so much the free trial of the game and becomes addicted to it, I tend to buy it as of course support for the game developers.
william
zacky wrote:
william wrote:

Thanks for the link William. However I really prefer open source and free games only though sometimes when I enjoy so much the free trial of the game and becomes addicted to it, I tend to buy it as of course support for the game developers.

Ah, fair enough. I've just accumulated so many games that I have yet to touch, I've sort of left the open source ones behind (most you've already listed). Still, while not open source, I would highly recommend Team Fortress 2. It's free and while it isn't as fun as it was a few years ago, it's still a great game if you're new to it.